Jeremy said on Twitter console Ragnarok

anubis3691

Finally!

"For our console Survivors curious about when they will be able to get their hands on the most recent desert Ragnarok update, an upcoming patch will be coming in December that will bring it line with current spec of PC." By Jen November 10, 2017

Wonder what (if anything, really) he means by "this actually has even more stuff in it than the current PC Ragnarok"? I really hope this holds true!

I've been waiting and waiting. I have been collecting and breeding up my expedition dinos for this!!

At a guess, next week. I assume it still has to go through cert, so they'll probably push that Friday and get it through cert by Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully [emoji14] But we'll see! I'm excited to check it out
I appreciate your reply! Unfortunately my question wasn't when, but if anyone had any thoughts as to what was in the update! But again thank you for your input!

1 hour ago, anubis3691 said:
1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:
At a guess, next week. I assume it still has to go through cert, so they'll probably push that Friday and get it through cert by Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully emoji14.png But we'll see! I'm excited to check it out

I appreciate your reply! Unfortunately my question wasn't when, but if anyone had any thoughts as to what was in the update! But again thank you for your input!

I totally misread that xD It's the entire southeast desert! All currently on PC... though Jeremy's statement that there's more than the PC makes me wonder if they got that final 1% of content done, and they're giving it to console first for a change o.O who knows? I can't really think of anything upcoming that we'd get that PC wouldn't, so unless he just means that we're getting it all in one update as opposed to PC getting it in two. Maybe an extra dungeon! :o That'd be really nice

I totally misread that [emoji23] It's the entire southeast desert! All currently on PC... though Jeremy's statement that there's more than the PC makes me wonder if they got that final 1% of content done, and they're giving it to console first for a change [emoji57] who knows? I can't really think of anything upcoming that we'd get that PC wouldn't, so unless he just means that we're getting it all in one update as opposed to PC getting it in two. Maybe an extra dungeon! [emoji33] That'd be really nice
Indeed! Here's to hoping for good things!

21 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

The Phoenix...

I'm curious as well, but I don't think that's it.  Don't get me wrong, it's possible, but the Ragnarok devs didn't seem to interested in using it in the past.

It could possibly be something as simple as some additional bug fixes that PC doesn't have yet, or perhaps an additional cave/dungeon area... or both.

I guess we'll see relatively soon.

3 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

I'm curious as well, but I don't think that's it.  Don't get me wrong, it's possible, but the Ragnarok devs didn't seem to interested in using it in the past.

It could possibly be something as simple as some additional bug fixes that PC doesn't have yet, or perhaps an additional cave/dungeon area... or both.

Well, it could be desert weather effects.

Or fix for the big part of "new area" that is Wildlands a.k.a. "Unknown".

6 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

If any of you recall, if you follow the underwater pearl cave that's in viking bay and you spend fifteen minutes navigating it since it's VERY long, you'll find the underground, underworld, cave, whatever you prefer to call it. It's HUGE. I swear it's huge. I'm convinced that's the other 1%. I'm curious if their going to make it into an Abb area. If you go there now it's just empty space, rocks, etc, but it's so grand In size it's surely going to be something unique. 

Guest DJRone89
28 minutes ago, Critter said:

If any of you recall, if you follow the underwater pearl cave that's in viking bay and you spend fifteen minutes navigating it since it's VERY long, you'll find the underground, underworld, cave, whatever you prefer to call it. It's HUGE. I swear it's huge. I'm convinced that's the other 1%. I'm curious if their going to make it into an Abb area. If you go there now it's just empty space, rocks, etc, but it's so grand In size it's surely going to be something unique. 

Well the Rag devs did say they would like to incorporate some Ab assets into caves if given the opportunity, and now the devkit has been updated, it’s a possibility.

17 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Well the Rag devs did say they would like to incorporate some Ab assets into caves if given the opportunity, and now the devkit has been updated, it’s a possibility.

According to what Dave said in their Discord channel, they don't use the devkit anymore as they now work "in house" on the standard editor. I assume this means they now actually work for/at Wildcard.

Dave-Today at 2:01 AM

I dont devkit anymore

hahahah

Dave-Today at 2:02 AM

We are in office now, so we use the standard editor

14 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

"New Ragnarok is finally in console QA test, at last! (this actually has even more stuff in it than the current PC Ragnarok hehehe). Hope to have it released soon :)"

Anyone have any ideas what all is going to be in this update?

Link? 

Where he states" more stuff than PC", I'm not finding it.... just this 

On 1/11/2018 at 8:54 AM, Critter said:

While it is fairly large, it currently houses Megalosaurs, Megalania's, and a large amount of Crystal, Metal, and some obsidian.

Also, it has an outside lead. Note that its called the Carnivorous Caverns.

There still are quite some things that make Ragnarok feel incomplete, such as...

A) Buidable underwater caves. There is currently only 1 such cave on Ragnarok.

B) Explorer Notes of some sort. Many ruins, there can easily be some lore on this. Vikings!

C) Moar Spinos.

D) Non-clockwork weather system. Fog starts at 00:00, and ends at 4:30, like clockwork.

And thats really about it.

Granted, it WOULD be nice if you could acquire Aberration materials. Curse the original devs for making EVERY single !@#$ing Aberration engram require an Aberration material. I WANT CLIFF PLATFORMS DAMNIT! But I don't view it as a neccessity, as you can transfer over there, build up, and send back the mats and/or completed items.

Although, it WOULD be nice to have some alternative way to get Element. Maybe make the dungeon bosses drop 5 Element, so I can actually use mah Replicator?

Also, maybe, MAYBE, allow flyers into the Ragnarok arena? Would make it simpler.

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

While it is fairly large, it currently houses Megalosaurs, Megalania's, and a large amount of Crystal, Metal, and some obsidian.

There still are quite some things that make Ragnarok feel incomplete, such as...

B) Explorer Notes of some sort. Many ruins, there can easily be some lore on this. Vikings!

C) Moar Spinos.

D) Non-clockwork weather system. Fog starts at 00:00, and ends at 4:30, like clockwork.

Granted, it WOULD be nice if you could acquire Aberration materials. Curse the original devs for making EVERY single !@#$ing Aberration engram require an Aberration material. I WANT CLIFF PLATFORMS DAMNIT! But I don't view it as a neccessity, as you can transfer over there, build up, and send back the mats and/or completed items.

Although, it WOULD be nice to have some alternative way to get Element. Maybe make the dungeon bosses drop 5 Element, so I can actually use mah Replicator?

Also, maybe, MAYBE, allow flyers into the Ragnarok arena? Would make it simpler.

I haven't been in there since they dropped the '99% complete' patch, and there wasn't any Dino's in there although I did see crystal, metal and obsidian. Carniv caves? ;( 

i was hoping it would have been ah Abb addition. Awe.. part of my soul dropped 

5 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

C) Moar Spinos.

to A) maybe some will come but currently it looks not like it 

B) something that is defintly planned but is currently not possible as wildcard needs to add a new way to add those notes 

C) there are more then enough spinos on the map 

D) all weather in ark is the same "clockward" system also the fog seems to be a mystery for some of us as i never seen it ingame and cant get it to come over me (would be cool if you could provide some info of what settings youa re running on and startcommands you are using) 

:Jerblove:

Archived