Patch Platform Order?

SAssassin

All,

Does anyone know the patch "order" for platforms now that win10 with crossplay has been added?  Let me clarify:

It used to be PC (steam) would get the patch, and sometime after Xbox would receive it.  Now there's PS4, as well as Win10.  

I would assume Win10 gets updated same as X1, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as I'm experiencing bugs on Win10 that my xbox tribe mates had patched back on 12-21.  Really I'm trying to get an idea as to when my version will be patched to get caught up to the X1.  I'm also trying to figure out why the Win 10 version isn't updated with Steam, being that they are essentially the same version.  

Also, does anyone know how/when the Nitrado servers are updated when an update goes live?  

I guess finally:  Anyone know when Win10 is getting the most recent patch that fixes a number of Aberration issues?

There was never an "order" of sorts.  Typically PC receives the patch first for 2 reasons:  1, PC was the original target audience and is the platform they initially begin work on when patching. 2, PC isn't subject to the certification process that Xbox and PS4 are, so patches go live immediately instead of after cert passes.

Just now, banggugyangu said:

There was never an "order" of sorts.  Typically PC receives the patch first for 2 reasons:  1, PC was the original target audience and is the platform they initially begin work on when patching. 2, PC isn't subject to the certification process that Xbox and PS4 are, so patches go live immediately instead of after cert passes.

Right, I get that...but the Win10 version is basically identical to PC(steam).  So one can surmise that the reason it's not updated at the same time is the MS Cert process...only then it should be updated at the same time as Xbox...that's the part I don't understand.  

13 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Windows 10 version isn't the same as steam.  It's more-or-less a port of the xbox one x version. 

Except it's not.  It's literally the Steam version for Windows.  I know, because I have both.  It has all the bells and whistles of the PC version, all the settings.  

8 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Also since they have crossplay, Xbox and Win10 have to have access to patches at the same time, or crossplay gets hairy

But they don't, and that's my entire point.  The do NOT have access to patches at the same time.  Currently the Xbox one is ahead of the Win 10 version in terms of patches. 

1 hour ago, SAssassin said:

Except it's not.  It's literally the Steam version for Windows.  I know, because I have both.  It has all the bells and whistles of the PC version, all the settings.  

So does the Xbox One X version.  It is indeed different from the Xbox version.  Also, the xbox is a slightly different point release, yes, but feature releases are the same.  An example of this is the incomplete ragnarok map on the UWP version, where the steam version has the completed ragnarok map.  It stands to reason that UWP would be on a slightly slower point release schedule than xbox simply because the Xbox updates will likely introduce new bugs to the UWP version.

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

So does the Xbox One X version.  It is indeed different from the Xbox version.  Also, the xbox is a slightly different point release, yes, but feature releases are the same.  An example of this is the incomplete ragnarok map on the UWP version, where the steam version has the completed ragnarok map.  It stands to reason that UWP would be on a slightly slower point release schedule than xbox simply because the Xbox updates will likely introduce new bugs to the UWP version.

The only reason the Win10 version is behind the Xbox is because Microsoft pushed the wrong version while it was in cert but it was too late to re enter cert and release on time due to the holiday period, as both Microsoft and Wildcard had much less people in office. As of the next major version, both platforms should be in sync.

Also, I too agree on your points made about the Win10 version vs Steam. Steam is Steam, and Win10 is the Xbox version playable on PC as stated multiple times by Wildcard.

Archived