Farming with tames in the crab's claws. What works and what does not?

AdligerAdler

I'm not sure if I'm missing something to get it to work. 

Anky doesn't automatically harvest while holding it with the crab? It didn't when I tried. No metal nodes, no rocks, no trees, no gem rocks.

Doedi harvests rocks while in the claws, but no trees? Since getting lots of thatch on Ab is a pain in the butt I thought I could use my crab + doedi, but it doesn't harvest trees while in the claws. Didn't try on obsidian etc.

Roll rat doesn't harvest anything while in the claws? 

Correct me if I'm wrong and tell me how.

Other useful crab farm combinations?

PS: Please add megaloceros to Ab, Wildcard.

This has nothing to do with Crab claws:

The Doed has always swung at rocks and metal when it's close to it.. if you place a Doed on a raft and drive up to rocks it will do the same thing.. also on a Quetzal or in the Wyvern claws. A Doed will stop swinging when it's inventory is 50% full.

Anky, and Roll Rat (new Mammoth) will not auto swing, I haven't tried putting the roll rat on wander because of all the cliffs and the ground mesh in AB is questionable.

1 hour ago, Lffayen said:

You can also get prime fish from Coels with fishing.

Yes but where I live there's constantly players patrolling the (fertile) river. Don't think I can fish there in peace. 

41 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

I tamed all my dimetrodons with prime fish meat. Use a metal sickle on Salmon to get it easily. The electric Eels supposedly give it as well but I've had no luck getting 1 out of the 20+ I've harvested.

Thanks that's a good info. 

1 hour ago, WolfBrink said:

I tamed all my Baryonyx with prime fish meat. Use a metal sickle on Salmon to get it easily. The electric Eels supposedly give it as well but I've had no luck getting 1 out of the 20+ I've harvested.

Has Barry been fixed? I remember taming them back on the island before Rag dropped and their taming efficiency would be god awful eventhough I always gave them nothing but prime fish.

Just now, St1ckyBandit said:

Has Barry been fixed? I remember taming them back on the island before Rag dropped and their taming efficiency would be god awful eventhough I always gave them nothing but prime fish.

I just tamed lower levels for our kibble farm and didn't pay attention to the efficiency...so I can't help you there sadly :(

2 hours ago, Dothmaen said:

Just move the anky and doedic around with the crab. Put it down, then get on the anky or doedic, and swing. Its a little slower but if you do it with a friend its very efficient. Also the roll rat basically has more weight than the crab so if you are trying to farm wood just ride the rat.

What are you even talking bout?

Krab base carry - 800.

Rat base carry - 400.

Weight-invested krabs can always carry twice as much as a weight-invested Rat. The man thing is breeding a rat, as thats the only way to get a good rat who exceeds the krab in terms of carry.

8 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

What are you even talking bout?

Krab base carry - 800.

Rat base carry - 400.

Weight-invested krabs can always carry twice as much as a weight-invested Rat. The man thing is breeding a rat, as thats the only way to get a good rat who exceeds the krab in terms of carry.

Weight reduction for wood on the roll rat? Crab doesn't have weight reduction. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, AnAncientOrder said:

Weight reduction for wood on the roll rat? Crab doesn't have weight reduction. 

If the wood is carried by the Roll Rat, its weight will be reduced and the Crab carrying the Roll Rat will only adds up the total weight of it not of what it carries.

Archived