I swear to you wildcard ...

DragonEnchantress

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, nesh said:

Please, no, never! That's a list of movie killers, not makers. From Lucas will be 50/50 chance to we will get EP4-6 or EP1-3, Jackson will make it into 10 50hrs movies with nothing happening but with a lot of scenery shots, Scot and Abrams ... just no, don't know much about Bayona.

Apart from obvious choice (Spielberg) someone like del Toro, Carpenter and even Cameron (if he sticks to T1/Aliens type and not Avatar like). And they should stay away from the Disney as far as possible (sadly, now even Fox is in that *bleep* group).

well I was thinking of their ability to try and see the epicness (new word YAY!) of the world created in Ark, as far as I can tell those mentioned have tried and been more than near successful in trying to produce films our imaginations can come up with.

but everyone has their own tastes and I would like to think differing opinions could be looked at from all angles, Lucas had the vision for SW but was only able to deal with the "at the time" tech available hence why 1-3 (imo) were not competed first, maybe the film would need a Jackson trilogy x 3 to fully appreciate and understand the lore, Scot and Abrams for their unique filming techniques and out of the box thinking and Bayona (the director for the new Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom film) for his knightmarish and horror flare that he manages to produce in films.

2 hours ago, X111 said:

well I was thinking of their ability to try and see the epicness (new word YAY!) of the world created in Ark, as far as I can tell those mentioned have tried and been more than near successful in trying to produce films our imaginations can come up with.

but everyone has their own tastes and I would like to think differing opinions could be looked at from all angles, Lucas had the vision for SW but was only able to deal with the "at the time" tech available hence why 1-3 (imo) were not competed first, maybe the film would need a Jackson trilogy x 3 to fully appreciate and understand the lore, Scot and Abrams for their unique filming techniques and out of the box thinking and Bayona (the director for the new Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom film) for his knightmarish and horror flare that he manages to produce in films.

Apart from Abrams (who will probably just make Jurassic Park v2.0 just without good story and characters) all others, when paired with some great writers, can make it work (dunno for Scott after new Alien movies tho). Maybe my age makes me biased but a story written by Carpenter, Cameroon or some other writer of that caliber can make it work for the more serious movie (or series).

OTOH, if we want to go for the spectacle then del Toro is the guy for the job :D

And ofc, it must be R rated (using US measure, over here in Europe its around 16+ IIRC), not that killed-off-the-screen-no-blood bleep they are making lately, there should be dino and survivor body parts flying all over the screen when fight happens ;)

But, after thinking about, it may be much better to do it as full-fledged series instead of the movie to have time to explore lore and surviving parts of the ARK. Part may be focused on the previous survivors (explorer notes) while "main" story should be about lone survivor (or group) in this strange world.

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

If ARK ever reaches the status WoW reached, yeah maybe they can think about making a movie.  

This is the most important part of the topic. Nobody gives a crap about Ark. I mean, Ark players who like the game give a crap about it...but who else? Uwe Boll would probably laugh at the thought of it...and that's really saying something because that dude will make a movie out of anything.

9 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Fair enough... Cause it was bad.... Really, Really, Bad!

If anyone walked into a movie adaptation of Doom expecting anything more than a crap-to-mediocre popcorn flick they're delusional, lol. Honestly though, I've watched it a couple times since it came out and to be fair, I had more fun re-watching it than I did playing the Doom game from a couple years ago.

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If anyone walked into a movie adaptation of Doom expecting anything more than a crap-to-mediocre popcorn flick they're delusional, lol. Honestly though, I've watched it a couple times since it came out and to be fair, I had more fun re-watching it than I did playing the Doom game from a couple years ago.

Yes, well, that game was pretty bad too! ;) 

Archived