I swear to you wildcard ...

DragonEnchantress

I too would love to see the Explorer's notes fleshed out in a movie... I would prefer live action but if its more feasible for it to be all CGI then so be it. It should be more than one movie though instead it should be at least a qadrilogy with each episode representing the journey of Helena to each ark ending with her reaching earth again in extinction. The first episode should focus on the villain Nerva and Mei lin's battles against his Legion. Touching briefly on rockwell's new found obession with the obelisks. The second movie should make a proper villain of rockwell as his sanity slips away showing him murdering villages and manipulating Helena. As well as a lord of the rings style battle with a group of tribes banding together to face the mantis hoards nearly being defeated and saved finaly by the mysterious woman that commands the wyverns. Flashbacks to her previus life as Egyptian priestess and her love of John. I need to find out more about both aberration and extinction to have an oppinion as to how those would play out but obviously they would focus on Mei lin and Diana as well as Rockwell becoming the physical manifestation of the monster he always was inside.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be cool having one based on explorer notes, following the point of view of each character. 

I enjoyed reading all the notes and now I appreciate the game more. 

But, well,  the risk that the movie can be very trashy is high xD with trash I don't mean garbage but stuff full of explosions and other Hollywood things xD this is what I fear

Another good idea would be a survivor of a tribe that starts a journey to discover all the notes to fibd out what is the Ark and how to reach the planet (something that I'm really thinking to write xD) that he sees once he got himself on Aberration.  

Most of the comments on here sound like a lot of people haven't delved into the lore and the characters the story line follows very well lol I was up till 3am reading because it's super easy to get into it. If they made a movie following Helena and Rockwell i can see it being a good movie for sure.

3 hours ago, Weiss said:

@AshRid keep it coming please xD

The climax of the first film: The Star actor approaches the obelisk and uploads him/herself.......(dramatic sound/music/effects) - Fade to closing credits

The opening of the sequel: A completely different actor [playing the original character] arrives on the second Ark  - The narration says something about 'Character Loss'

15 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Typically movies based on video games have not done well unfortunately... although Carl Urban and the Rocks performance in Doom was enjoyable because they went to great lengths to be both campy and accurately recreate the visuals and feel of playing through the game in parts.

That being said, ARK is a game of remarkable visuals... literally dinosaurs with fricking laser beams.  If the budget could be found for the special effects necessary, well, stranger things have happened. 

Wait, did you just suggest there was something good about the Doom movie???

Who was stupid drunk when? Me while reading that, or you while writing it &/or watching that train wreck?

9 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Wait, did you just suggest there was something good about the Doom movie???

Who was stupid drunk when? Me while reading that, or you while writing it &/or watching that train wreck?

xD  Both hopefully.

But I didn't say it was good, I said I enjoyed parts of it.  What can I say... I love a really bad B grade movie.

#guiltypleasures #underratedcarlurban

In story line of ark there are not MAAAANY tribes like we have in our server so in mivie there are gonna be few tribes good bad and low keys and wild tribes. If a movie is done i can swear wild card will actors will hit the skies! Even tho its not easy making one. But yeah wild card can have a side project about the movie with series

15 hours ago, X111 said:

a film with the collaborated director talents of George Lucas, JJ Abrams, JA Bayona, Peter Jackson and Ridley Scott and the funding of Marvel (now Disney >:()

Please, no, never! That's a list of movie killers, not makers. From Lucas will be 50/50 chance to we will get EP4-6 or EP1-3, Jackson will make it into 10 50hrs movies with nothing happening but with a lot of scenery shots, Scot and Abrams ... just no, don't know much about Bayona.

Apart from obvious choice (Spielberg) someone like del Toro, Carpenter and even Cameron (if he sticks to T1/Aliens type and not Avatar like). And they should stay away from the Disney as far as possible (sadly, now even Fox is in that *bleep* group).

ARK should make a movie yes, but based on the Lore and not on PVE or PVP...maybe something like the Maze Runner, where it focus on a group of people that fight for the same porpouse, get the hell out of there!! For sure that ARK isnt a well known game like CS:GO or even League of Legends, but the movie wouldnt be affected by that because of its content...people love dinossaur movies and action...so even if the game isnt the most popular in the world im sure that it would make great money...the premisse is just rly good...If they do it i will be the one watching it...I think the fisrt movie would be in The Island -> SE -> Aberration -> Extintion for sequels.

Just try to talk with Steven Spielberg and u will have a good dino movie :D 

Archived