I swear to you wildcard ...

DragonEnchantress

If they can make a movie about WoW and we don't get one about Ark I'm gonna be pretty upset with you xD;

I just spent, literally, hours reading all the explorer notes off the wiki because all of the lore most people talk about on the forums are speculation, and now I'm too Invested in the characters lol You give us live action teasers which look amazing, I can only hope that one day you will give us a movie too <3 Here's for hoping x3!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically movies based on video games have not done well unfortunately... although Carl Urban and the Rocks performance in Doom was enjoyable because they went to great lengths to be both campy and accurately recreate the visuals and feel of playing through the game in parts.

That being said, ARK is a game of remarkable visuals... literally dinosaurs with fricking laser beams.  If the budget could be found for the special effects necessary, well, stranger things have happened. 

If this happens wc would probably sell the rights to someone to create a movie named "ARK", not work on a production themselves. Which is probably good, leaving it to professionals.

But then, why spend money to use the name and logo "ARK" if anyone can just produce a movie about surviving on an island filled with dinosaurs.

I'd watch it either way.

Can anyone recommend some good dino movies? :)

Well, I have been waiting for a more mature CG / Pixar like movie done right. 

I mean, take Shrek por example, some of the armor sets there are really cool,  imagine having better fantasy elements and large scale battles. The technology has advanced so much. Perhaps instead of going live action, you could do something more like that.

When I look at Star Wars Ep 1 and 2, the animations looked like plastic, and when actors interact with fictional things it breaks immersion. A intense animation would be one way to do it differently. Not to mention that Woody from Toy Story 1 had more facial animation than Anakin Skywalker's actor for Ep 2 and 3.

Then you have the Final Fantasy Spirits within movie, it wasn't that great, why? Because it broke all formats of the source material (aside from having a character named Cid).

I like How to Train your Dragon 1 a lot, the lighting on that movie is by far one of the best in its format. There is room for that.

So in short, I think an Ark animation, portraying Nerva, Helena, Diana, Rockwell, etc... Would be awesome. You would have the scale, the visual fidelity and could go digital distribution and boycott the terrible format presented by Hollywood now days.

That is my two cents.

Cheers!  

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Typically movies based on video games have not done well unfortunately... although Carl Urban and the Rocks performance in Doom was enjoyable because they went to great lengths to be both campy and accurately recreate the visuals and feel of playing through the game in parts.

That being said, ARK is a game of remarkable visuals... literally dinosaurs with fricking laser beams.  If the budget could be found for the special effects necessary, well, stranger things have happened. 

Agreed...not to mention that ark isn't a popular franchise, or even well known enough to attract large enough sponsorships. And a low-budget movie will just make the game look bad.

The trailer was AMAZING and honestly a movie would be one i wouldnt miss. It should try to stick to the LORE and play as one of the characters from the explorer notes. NOT PVP experience based. This way i can see a few movies or maybe seasons.  Good money i see coming from it. I think the shoes, hats and other products are amazing too. It simply doesnt have any advertisement so my guess its not sold as much. WC could make some serious MONEY from other products it sells. 

The 3D dino prints need a little work but still look good. No one buys since its not really known or advertsied outside from this page. 

WC i have been playing this game Since it came out on xbox. I had been wishing for a survival game with Dinosaurs years before you made it and well.. you nailed it. Game is good. most criticism is from toxic players who "pillar" or simply do stuff that inst "welcome" by other players just because they are "new" or simply "not good" at the game itself.  You guys know what you are doing. all the DLCs are very good. Honestly i was not into "tek" and "guns" in a dinosaur game but after finding out "bosses" exist and the new maps, the abilities, the MAIN LORE you guys created.  I love it. Played primitive for about 8 months when it came out. Im back to normal using advanced technology and it did NOT break the game as i thought it would. You added more value to the game. Love aberration reminds me of "Pandora" from "Avatar" and im a HUGE fan of ALIENS so the queen and chestbuster reference.. lol nice. I think the rock drake looks like Mountain banshees from AVATAR (pandoras world) The ravegers might be a reference to Viperwolf. anyway. Love it. The gengre of this game is perfect for my taste and the stuff you guys are adding to the game are good. 

Seriously wish you guys got SOFT to xbox, with all these BATTLEGROUND games comming to console community for the first time i think SOFT would be a big HIT as well. I bought a computer just to play SOFT and enjoyed. re visit the thought of SOFT to console , the games comming out of battle royal type are good for Business. I play fornite and PUGB so... i know what im talking about its a big hit and SOFT will be too. 

Keep up the good work. Cant wait for the new DLCs. If you guys do make a movie or series with seasons. We will back you up the whole way. 

Hope you guys had good holidays 

ARK: The Movie.

Start out following beach Bob. He builds a house, befriends a pachy. He goes to sleep, camera fade to black. He wakes up, cuffed, in a cage, phallic objects drawn on his face. Around him are 12 people screaming obscenities about his mother and one is jumping around playing a terrible song on a boom box. This scene  remains for 2 hours. Closing credits.

10 minutes ago, AshRid said:

Action scene: Tribe of Actors frantically firing [tranq] arrows into Trike/Ank while avoiding its attacks. Dino eventually falls over unconscious, audience then has to sit through several hours of nothing happening

Just now, RasFW said:

ARK: The Movie.

Start out following beach Bob. He builds a house, befriends a pachy. He goes to sleep, camera fade to black. He wakes up, cuffed, in a cage, phallic objects drawn on his face. Around him are 12 people screaming obscenities about his mother and one is jumping around playing a terrible song on a boom box. This scene  remains for 2 hours. Closing credits.

PVP experience would not be a good movie . I think you guys need to actually play the game, search caves, find and READ EXPLORER NOTES. Analyze the cutscenes from the game.. 

Just now, INFCTDxGAMR said:

PVP experience would not be a good movie . I think you guys need to actually play the game, search caves, find and READ EXPLORER NOTES. Analyze the cutscenes from the game.. 

That was the joke. 

I think an overhaul mod for single player would be cool where you play out in the time period the explorers from the notes actually lived. Quests and stuff like skyrim.

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

I just want to see this scene redone, but Raquel pulls out an assault rifle and settles things.

I saw this when it was released, I was 7 years old and it was the first movie I ever watched.  Raquel, I mean the dinosaurs, made quite an impression on me.

Oh man that was an awesome movie. I suspect that that scene was the inspiration for the one in Jurassic World where Zara got eaten by the Mosasaurus.

Archived