Any tips for the boss fight?

DEL707

Me and a mate did gamma difficulty on the weekend, 18 rexs, 1 Yutrannus and 1 Daeodon.
The rexs were a bit of a mixed batch, ranging from 16k to 25k+ HP, melee was 417 to 500+

I really should have leveled up more of the rexs, but being gamma difficulty, I thought we would walk it.

Things started off well, the Dragon went down suprisingly quickly, but the Manticore and the rock elementals proved to be more troublesome.
When he was finally down on the ground, he seemed to take very pitiful damage, is there a way to counteract this?
Also, what's the best way to deal with the rock elementals? We had an issue where they seemed to trap a few of the rexes, which we ultimately lost.

One last question, how big is the difficulty jump between gamma and beta?

1) Kill Dragon

2) Stop Running Around(The manticore tends to land if you give it a nice stationary target which makes the fight much faster. We brought a few turtles to a medium and it ended up being super easy.)

3) non-ridden rexes can be a pain. Best suggestion I'll give you is when they are fighting the golems whistle passive, follow and then attack target when the manticore lands. This way they are not continually attacking the golems. If they get pinned then thats another matter entirely and they will probably die if you don't finish the boss fast enough.

Just my experience but the least people I've done the boss with was 6. If you have riders you can easily do gamma with less than 10 rexes.

Archived