The Rusty Inn is on it's way!!!

lucasgrathouse

Hey guys, I'm here representing The Rusty Inn hotel! We're a group that makes hotels on Rust and pretty soon we're going to be moving in to ARK! We are all really excited and thrilled to become a part of this community! If anyone reading this represents large factions we would love to start some peace talks. If anyone has any questions, please let me know, and don't be afraid to come on over to Rust and visit one of our hotels to see what we're all about!! Pretty soon we'll be updating our discord and our website to reflect the addition of ARK to our repertoire. We look forward to seeing you all in-game!!!

Hey guys, I'm here representing The Rusty Inn hotel! We're a group that makes hotels on Rust and pretty soon we're going to be moving in to ARK! We are all really excited and thrilled to become a part of this community! If anyone reading this represents large factions we would love to start some peace talks. If anyone has any questions, please let me know, and don't be afraid to come on over to Rust and visit one of our hotels to see what we're all about!! Pretty soon we'll be updating our discord and our website to reflect the addition of ARK to our repertoire. We look forward to seeing you all in-game!!!
Kill them all.

42 minutes ago, lucasgrathouse said:

Can you explain what the purpose/service is of these hotels and exactly how you would intend to survive?  What could you offer an Alpha/Mega tribe in return for protection other than rl $?

Looks like there's a lot of people talking about how bad this is gonna go for us. Well coming from Rust I promise you it will go 1000x better than anything we ever did on there xD In response to JohnnyWaffles:

46 minutes ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

Can you explain what the purpose/service is of these hotels and exactly how you would intend to survive?  What could you offer an Alpha/Mega tribe in return for protection other than rl $?

Basically the goal is to provide cheap and affordable housing with basic utilities for players either just spawning in or just getting a fresh start. In Rust we usually have smaller rooms that just have a spawn point and some storage, maybe a furnace, and in larger rooms much larger storage, a better spawn point, more furnaces, lights, rugs, etc.

To address what we could give bigger groups, we've always done these deals with large groups differently between each group based on what that specific group wants. Usually we give them raiding supplies and point them in the direction of someone that's giving us trouble. They keep everything they get from the raid (and they don't lose any materials since we paid for the raid) and then we get rid of a problem, win-win.

And finally how we intend to survive, much like anyone else I'm sure, any way we can. We like settling with larger groups as they offer good protection but it isn't necessary. We figure it out either way. If anyone has any more questions feel free to join our discord: https://discord.gg/5rRnAVS or reply to this thread, I'll be there to answer them!

EDIT: I'd like to add that when we move to a new server we usually get raided 2-3 times before people realize that we don't have anything crazy good. We just keep some weapons and armor to defend ourselves and some basic resources for crafting things for our guests. I don't think anyone has ever raided us and gotten enough stuff to make back what they spent to raid us, we plan on keeping it the same in ARK.

7 minutes ago, lucasgrathouse said:

Looks like there's a lot of people talking about how bad this is gonna go for us. Well coming from Rust I promise you it will go 1000x better than anything we ever did on there xD In response to JohnnyWaffles:

Basically the goal is to provide cheap and affordable housing with basic utilities for players either just spawning in or just getting a fresh start. In Rust we usually have smaller rooms that just have a spawn point and some storage, maybe a furnace, and in larger rooms much larger storage, a better spawn point, more furnaces, lights, rugs, etc.

To address what we could give bigger groups, we've always done these deals with large groups differently between each group based on what that specific group wants. Usually we give them raiding supplies and point them in the direction of someone that's giving us trouble. They keep everything they get from the raid (and they don't lose any materials since we paid for the raid) and then we get rid of a problem, win-win.

And finally how we intend to survive, much like anyone else I'm sure, any way we can. We like settling with larger groups as they offer good protection but it isn't necessary. We figure it out either way. If anyone has any more questions feel free to join our discord: https://discord.gg/5rRnAVS or reply to this thread, I'll be there to answer them!

I still don't understand.  What do you get out of it and how would you get the means to supply "raid" materials?

Well if someone nearby is harassing us and giving us problems, then what we get out of paying someone to raid them is the knowledge we won't have to deal with that toxic player anymore. And I'm not sure what you mean by how we would get the means to pay for raids, the same way you get the stuff to pay for your raids?

I personally have seen your hotels on Rust, and I've always thought you guys were awesome.

However, I will point out two things that have been stated that should be addressed. 

1. Definitely start out in a PvE server, or servers, depending how many players you have at your disposal. Perhaps a cluster maybe would work out the best. 

2. If you are going to build in a PvP server, supplying equipment for raids isn't like how it is in Rust. It requires Dinos. Specifically Dinos that have been bred for raiding. Good equipment that can honestly only be crafted. And enough to supply all of that, to however many players it would take to raid whoever is harrassing you. 

Keep in mind harassment is an understatement, for if you do say, get to a point where you could supply the equipment for any potential raid. You are more than likely not getting simply harrassed, but completely raised. 

Furthermore, I would think that instead of being harrassed, or raided. You're more immediate problem with your proposal is the threat of consistently being insided by your 'guests'.

Taking away from your resources, Dinos, equipment, defenses, and anything and everything else you may have to offer. 

Now... putting all that aside. I still love the idea, because I have seen you guys work on Rust. I think it's a very cheap, and appreciated way to get more people playing. 

We can repopulate dying servers. 

And build a better community as a whole from it that doesn't shy away from newer players and new ideas like a disease. 

Its just going to be a hurdle. One I hope you all make, (And wish I could help but I'm a solo player), and wish you best of luck on it!

Please let me know if I missed any other key points to this. 

- Epic

On 1/13/2018 at 4:57 AM, EpicSyringe said:

I personally have seen your hotels on Rust, and I've always thought you guys were awesome.

However, I will point out two things that have been stated that should be addressed. 

1. Definitely start out in a PvE server, or servers, depending how many players you have at your disposal. Perhaps a cluster maybe would work out the best. 

2. If you are going to build in a PvP server, supplying equipment for raids isn't like how it is in Rust. It requires Dinos. Specifically Dinos that have been bred for raiding. Good equipment that can honestly only be crafted. And enough to supply all of that, to however many players it would take to raid whoever is harrassing you. 

Keep in mind harassment is an understatement, for if you do say, get to a point where you could supply the equipment for any potential raid. You are more than likely not getting simply harrassed, but completely raised. 

Furthermore, I would think that instead of being harrassed, or raided. You're more immediate problem with your proposal is the threat of consistently being insided by your 'guests'.

Taking away from your resources, Dinos, equipment, defenses, and anything and everything else you may have to offer. 

Now... putting all that aside. I still love the idea, because I have seen you guys work on Rust. I think it's a very cheap, and appreciated way to get more people playing. 

We can repopulate dying servers. 

And build a better community as a whole from it that doesn't shy away from newer players and new ideas like a disease. 

Its just going to be a hurdle. One I hope you all make, (And wish I could help but I'm a solo player), and wish you best of luck on it!

Please let me know if I missed any other key points to this. 

- Epic

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe we can figure out another way to offer something to big groups for protection, or maybe we can just do away with ally's all together! Either way we're looking forward to getting our hands dirty. We're currently testing some builds on local servers, you can start looking for us in game soon!

This is a pretty cool concept but to be honest I don't see it working with a big tribe. This would work for a lot of the smaller/solo tribes though.. and we had a tribe that did something similar. They offered open doors for people to come live in a pretty cool looking village/city they built and rented out rooms. Things went pretty smoothly until they were accused of housing enemies of the alpha tribe. 

On 1/14/2018 at 3:30 PM, lucasgrathouse said:

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe we can figure out another way to offer something to big groups for protection, or maybe we can just do away with ally's all together! Either way we're looking forward to getting our hands dirty. We're currently testing some builds on local servers, you can start looking for us in game soon!

Yeah definitely :) 

Im all for helping if you guys need it on Xbox servers, and wish you guys the best of luck.

Archived