Tek Generator and electrical storms

LarryLafer

54 minutes ago, LarryLafer said:

I have read the Tek Generator can and will shutoff during an electrical storm.  Once the storm has passed the generator will consume an additional element to restart itself. Can anyone verify this, I am currently on XBOX Ofiicial PvE Server. Thank you.

There was recently  a Reddit thread asking to change scorched tek gens to be unaffected by storms. So the answer is yes the gen shuts off. Wildcards dumb idea 

17 hours ago, Demerus said:

Works in single player. I can't see how it wouldn't work on official.

Singleplayer has some weird additional rules, so it may or may not work that way.  Data / tribute inventory is apparently disabled for loot beacons in singleplayer, but not for multiplayer.  Why?  Because reasons.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Singleplayer has some weird additional rules, so it may or may not work that way.  Data / tribute inventory is apparently disabled for loot beacons in singleplayer, but not for multiplayer.  Why?  Because reasons.

Shards works in Tek Generator in multi-player sessions too. As for the bosses this is intended because in single-player you have to explore the map and you have to go at specific obelisk to summon a specific boss. On the other hand, in multi-player, if you would have to go at specific obelisk this would limit the end-game content to most tribes as the obelisks are blocked by alpha tribes, etc.

IMHO the TEK Generator is the same technology that powers up Obelisks, so the obelisk should shut down during the electrical storm too.

It makes very little sense for the TEK trier to be affected like that, especially that Studio Wild Card came up with another stupid idea and TEK Troughs when unpowered have a spoil time of player inventory...

Id like to report back with my experience with using the TEK generator on official xbox pve eu scorch earth this weekend. I decided to install a TEK generator and 3 TEK troughs this due to the 2x event. The generator consumed 131 shards per 24hrs on the shortest range. During a storm it would shutoff and restart consuming 1 shard. I am happy with the results, we were able to successfully hatch 21 rexes, 2 Yutis and 5 Megalanias.

Decomposition Rate :

• Raw Meat 1 per 5hrs
  • Cooked Meat 1 per 10hrs.

Hope this helps you guys with main bases on SE.

Thanks for all your inputs. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's the S+ mod but we have "odd" behaviour with our setup.  S+ wind turbines, backup s+ generators auto activate when no power from wind turbines.  In a storm the wind turbines stop working, the generator kicks in and we continue along merrily with electricity?  Just a pain having to turn off the generator, pick and re-place a turbine to switch back to wind power.

Archived