I got lost on Aberration while gem hunting.

SatansPegasus

Ok  let me start with i hate this multi levered damn map right now an it would be nice to have a 3d map.

Anyway i went looking for blue gems at around 54lat, 30lon or at least that was the bloody plan but what happened was i got pushed of the broken bridge by a poxy rollrat (speaking off i wasn't expecting them to be as big as a raptor) an fell in the water down below so i figured gem hunting over lets just find my way home an start again which brings me to my current lost situation my base is next to the portal at around at around 45, 10 and i am currently down a level at the 30, 30 mark with no way of getting back up that i know off if i didn't have my raptors i'd just climb the wall and if i had a ravager id climb the zipline but i don't.

So how do i get back up to my safe warm cosy area and away from this low level killing area without cheating cause i could just easily use the fly command but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting to know the map now if i can't find a way up i'm just gonna chop down as many fungal trees down as possible and build a giant arse ramp back to the warm cosy side.

If you are where I think you are, you can get back to the portal area by following the wall towards the left. Basically face the direction of the broken bridge leading away from the portal. Then go to the left and stick near the wall. At some point you'll see a branch in the path that leads left/south and upwards.

Following that should bring you back to the lake at the portal if memory serves.

As Olivar states.  The lake you fell into from broken bridge.. if coming out of easiest portal you want to head to land in front of you then head right up the hill path back to the easiest portal area.  If you are stood on the land looking over the lake towards the broken bridge/portal area you obviously need to head up the hill to your left.

.. and for blue gems I found the easiest location to be at the bottom of the waterfalls/river of the lake you fell into from broken bridge (opposite direction to the hill back to easiest portal) - when it gets to the drop into blue zone waterfall head left over the land and you will see a ledge with 2-3 clusters of deep blue crystal.. below that are lighter blue gem clusters.

36 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

@SatansPegasus if you get stuck again try throw up a screenshot or two so we can better explain where you are and which direction you need to be heading.

That i can do but as of now it's dark with the only light source been the glow stick on my back or Bully my bulbdog but i can log in an wait till it gets light cause i bet if i log in now an move i'll end up bumping into a reaper. but from what i remember i was traveling along the wall that has big yellow giant crystals,

Ok this aint mine but thats the lake i'm near 

1200px-The_Fallen_Nexus_(Aberration).png

That actually looks more like fertile lake where we setup our main base.  That metal platform in front of you to the right there are land pillars with natural zip lines back down to the land this side where we have our base.  The other side (left, heads downhill and towards the cave entrance to NW surface).

By broken bridge I thought you mean the first one from easiest portal which is west of this location near the first cave we did.

So where are you actually trying to get to?  If I recall there is a path and a stream with pearls to the right of this man in the picture at lake level which heads down to fertile (trilobite) river.  When you get to bottom of the stream head right at the river through the swamp then right at the next river which takes you back up all the waterfalls to the broken bridge (train track) that I assumed you were talking about.  Metal platform in his picture is right on mine where the yellow glow shows.  Stream is in front to the left. 

FertileLakeRiverStream.thumb.png.fe3ce40ba14b9f55fbf970da171d2ccb.png

Btw the easiest blue gem area isn't far from that lake. 

Following my directions if you find the stream down to fertile river and follow that river left (west) instead of going right at the end back towards the waterfalls heading to the easiest portal area go left towards the blue biome.. left again on the land just before the waterfall into blue biome and stick to the edge.  Before you start heading down the ramps into the blue biome there is a ledge on the left with 2-3 patches of dark blue gems.  The path down also has a few lighter blue gems that are accessible before nameless start spawning further down.

Red gems - they're quite deep south within the radiation zones and for your first few to make a gas collector best to follow around roll rats until they dig em up.. steal and run as they aggro when you take a liking to their found treasures.

I will be home in approx. 2 hours so will put up some screens of the paths I'm talking about if possible.

Waterfalls_BrokenBridge.thumb.png.b29ccc10fd9824abe61159aaa3e98b62.png

This is the waterfalls heading up to the broken bridge.  Stick left and follow the land route - if you get to a gas vein the hill path to the easiest portal is right from there.

Well good news is I'm home . . . . At last but when I logged in it turns out I was in mushroom forest. Which is where I built a ramp system to get my raptors up the waterfall. What I do know is the next time I leave to explore I'm taking a poop ton of billboards to mark my locations an routes. I do not wanna get lost again especially in the easy zone.

5 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

Where's your sense of adventure man!?

It's getting digested in the bellies of the various creatures I've ran into so my sense of adventure is thin my sense of survival is very high though.

So I'm breeding my raptors like rabbits to form an army on which my adventure will ride in safety.

Raptors are squishy.  Ravagers a bit better.

Spinos are the ultimate which are easy tames and very strong mounts with little aggro from anything - at least until you get a Megalosaur which do get aggro but are much more flexible, faster and have a higher base melee than Spino.  I haven't used my raptor guard dogs since getting Ravagers/Spinos and Megalosaurs.

Daft as it sounds a decent Trike with its knockback does well as a defense unit against most aggressive animals.

8 minutes ago, SatansPegasus said:

That there are but right now there are also in abundance and easy to replace if i lose one as for spinos ive never really liked them so im kinda checking out the local area just incase i end up lost again which will happen its only a matter of time.

There are a lot of ravagers around the lake area you were at. I call that the north lake, and on the west/northwest side of the lake there is a big grassy area with metal-tech looking stuff on the ground. On the 2 different Aberration servers I play on, I've put a ravager pen there. 2x2 foundations with 2 levels of doorframes. On one side you'll put ramps from the ground all the way up. Once you've got the ramps on, do one more level of doorframes on the other 3 sides. Get a couple ravagers chasing you and run them up the ramp. You can usually get 2-4 ravagers in there, and you'll just tranq them all down there. (I like to have a 2x1x1 hut next to the taming pen as a safe place to hang out while the ravagers tame up)

You can use the same pen for raptors, but this method will quickly get you on track with one of the better travel animals on the map.

15 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

There are a lot of ravagers around the lake area you were at. I call that the north lake, and on the west/northwest side of the lake there is a big grassy area with metal-tech looking stuff on the ground. On the 2 different Aberration servers I play on, I've put a ravager pen there. 2x2 foundations with 2 levels of doorframes. On one side you'll put ramps from the ground all the way up. Once you've got the ramps on, do one more level of doorframes on the other 3 sides. Get a couple ravagers chasing you and run them up the ramp. You can usually get 2-4 ravagers in there, and you'll just tranq them all down there. (I like to have a 2x1x1 hut next to the taming pen as a safe place to hang out while the ravagers tame up)

You can use the same pen for raptors, but this method will quickly get you on track with one of the better travel animals on the map.

Thats how i normally tame groups but on the side where i put the ramps i'll either use wood spikes to close of an escape area or use angled fence foundations an walls to coral them if i'm using a raft then i just use wooden spikes to keep the creature on the right path.

So far the only thing we have had to create a taming trap for was the Karkinos.  Most thing we KO from above, shooting down tranq darts from our long neck rifles.  I know that we're probably going to also need to create a "trap" for the Queen Reapers so that one of us can get impregnated in relative safety.

Ravagers and Raptors are a bit fast and after taking a few hits start running away so not the best to get from a cliff edge or such so we tend to just go toe-to-toe with them using Bolas to stop them temporarily whilst we shoot our tranq darts - although Ravs seem to escape bola after 3-4 shot at most with long neck reload time so I tend to Bola.. 3 darts, re-bola.

On 11/01/2018 at 1:13 PM, MirageUK said:

So far the only thing we have had to create a taming trap for was the Karkinos.  Most thing we KO from above, shooting down tranq darts from our long neck rifles.  I know that we're probably going to also need to create a "trap" for the Queen Reapers so that one of us can get impregnated in relative safety.

Ravagers and Raptors are a bit fast and after taking a few hits start running away so not the best to get from a cliff edge or such so we tend to just go toe-to-toe with them using Bolas to stop them temporarily whilst we shoot our tranq darts - although Ravs seem to escape bola after 3-4 shot at most with long neck reload time so I tend to Bola.. 3 darts, re-bola.

Raptors i'll bola an knock out an tame but with the ravs i'll build a pen then kite the ravs as if it was a carno or direwolf as for anything bigger nope im staying away from taming anything i don't need for transport or gathering food i'm pretty much staying near the portal while i build up my base although i may end up moving to a water supply because it took me about 40 mins building an irrigation network from the metal vein to my base so i'm really thinking of moving near the lake but i still need to get familiar with the area first.

Im curious as to what those plant things are an what they do cause i cant seem to farm them an that proboscis the comes out don't seem to do anything.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:16 AM, SatansPegasus said:

Ok  let me start with i hate this multi levered damn map right now an it would be nice to have a 3d map.

Anyway i went looking for blue gems at around 54lat, 30lon or at least that was the bloody plan but what happened was i got pushed of the broken bridge by a poxy rollrat (speaking off i wasn't expecting them to be as big as a raptor) an fell in the water down below so i figured gem hunting over lets just find my way home an start again which brings me to my current lost situation my base is next to the portal at around at around 45, 10 and i am currently down a level at the 30, 30 mark with no way of getting back up that i know off if i didn't have my raptors i'd just climb the wall and if i had a ravager id climb the zipline but i don't.

So how do i get back up to my safe warm cosy area and away from this low level killing area without cheating cause i could just easily use the fly command but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting to know the map now if i can't find a way up i'm just gonna chop down as many fungal trees down as possible and build a giant arse ramp back to the warm cosy side.

If you get lost again, follow the rivers. They either empty into the big lake or the biolum. Watch out for crabs tho.

Archived