Impossible to trade with 30 min timer?

wejnuu

3 hours ago, wejnuu said:

So i'm back to ark after a few months break, I just noticed the 30 min timer... how do you trade for like Wyverns when needing to transfer around 10k ing? This would take forever? Is there something I'm missing? Is there any better way to do it?

The person with the least weight in the deal usually has to pick up. Two people can easily transfer that much ingots. You drop ingots to the person with the egg, as long as the items he is picking up are picked up manually with E or with a Whip, he can pick up an infinite amount of weight. He hits 11k Ingots, and then transfers off the server after giving you the egg. You might have to assist him (Via punching) to get him a little closer to the obby/transmitter. 

9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The person with the least weight in the deal usually has to pick up. Two people can easily transfer that much ingots. You drop ingots to the person with the egg, as long as the items he is picking up are picked up manually with E or with a Whip, he can pick up an infinite amount of weight. He hits 11k Ingots, and then transfers off the server after giving you the egg. You might have to assist him (Via punching) to get him a little closer to the obby/transmitter. 

Niceeee, thanks a lot will try this :D

As great of a work around as that is, It's still BS that we have to go through that in order to make a trade.  The purpose of the timer system was to stop duping. And its been proven over and over that it did not work, and its only made dupers more patient... while making life much more time consuming for everyone else. Logic would dictate that a failed "fix" should be regarded as such and removed from the game because it did not achieve its purpose. That being the case, why is the damn transfer timer still tormenting us?

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

The purpose of the timer system was to stop duping. And its been proven over and over that it did not work, and its only made dupers more patient...

Oh? All I constantly see is people complaining that players are duping every time their server crashes and/or when a bigger fish kick them off their aquarium. ;) Either way, if you have irrefutable proofs/evidences of duping methods or players duping, submit a Support Ticket but keep in mind that a server crash, or a wealthy tribe doesn't means there is any kind of duping.

How I chose to do cross server trades is to mostly forgo hard material transfers and instead ask for items. 

I sold a 185 fire wyvern the other day for 1500 trang darts. That's 4 ingots worth of metal per dart and then we called the gun powder and narcs 1 more ingot. 7500 ingots which with the introduction and ease of raising Wyv's on rag is probably a bit lower than some prices but more than suited us. We also considered it a bit of a discount for making the items saving us time. Could load it all up in the ob at once, one transfer (30 slots). 

Tonight I will be selling a 130 kibble tamed Golem for 10 vaults. With our conversion rate plus the discount it comes out to roughly 7650 ings worth of material. Less headache, gets us what we need, keeps cross server trades alive. 

Items and BP's are the new system I prefer for cross server trades. I do hard mats trade on server or mostly just farm it myself since with a good Anky train you can get 5k ings worth of metal in like 45 minutes to an hour (my daily morning routine before work). 

Archived