Next Expansion Discussion

Anubis7

We know the title is expected to be "Extinction".

I imagine some very harsh environments, either meteors falling, blizzards, cyclones or volcano eruptions etc. Another malfunctioning ark similar to aberration - although this idea has sort of been covered by aberration.

A lot of other people thought it would be underwater based until we saw the title hinted at.

Explorer notes do give more insight, I have not collected them all, but the whole Homo Deus is quite interesting. I hope we learn more about it.

Hybrids is something that came up, I would find it interesting as well, I recall way back a Jurassic Park toy line called "Chaos Effect", which had apex like Ultimasaurus (Rex+Trike) . As for the hazards I have no clue what would pop-up, each Ark was very distinct in that regard. 

I still am hoping for some highly advanced gear, (Aka more Tek stuff) kinda like the Ark Futurism Mech/exo, albeit with a Tek art style and glow. All in all, I have heard all these ideas and to be honest I am pretty excited for what Wildcard has in store. 

It would be interesting if we did meet the Explorer notes' survivors, despite how long it has been, if they became Homo Deus, time is then irrelevant to them, so they could still be "alive".

I only hope that we will have some kind of ultimate power, ascending a fourth time should make us look different and provide a unique / distinct power in regards to non-ascendant survivors.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Balteraxe said:

Next one will be plant M.

Where little monkeys come out, when enemies are near, to throw feces at them.

:P

2 hours ago, ChilliBean said:

I vote Plant Species E. Can fire fireballs. Plant it next to red mushrooms for added fun!

I'm thinking Plant Species W ;) Because when you program, the 3 dimensional vectors have elements (x, y, z) and the 4 dimensional vectors have elements (x, y, z, w)... would be very intuitive to go with that... or maybe they'll just wrap around and go Plant Species A!

Some one has said that the next DLC is called Extinction.

After defeating the top boss on Abberation you kind of get to see a dead earth outside of the ark when the walls drop down. its surely got to be that where they are going next. looked like most things were extinct.

Didnt we see a broken ark when we finished the Tek boss on the original?

2 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

I'm thinking Plant Species W ;) Because when you program, the 3 dimensional vectors have elements (x, y, z) and the 4 dimensional vectors have elements (x, y, z, w)... would be very intuitive to go with that... or maybe they'll just wrap around and go Plant Species A!

Wow, what a technical and boring guess I made! :P Obviously I meant to guess "Plant Species ͡    " (Well, "arch" is not ARK, but pronounced closely enough ;) )

23 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

All I can think is.... "Smartass" :D

I think it will be Earth. Based on the fact that the Overseer arena has holograms of Earth from the passed and present. I have seen a video by Anthomia on this current DLC story and I LOVE IT! What a great story! With that in mind I know that the next DLC will be harder in some way and different again. I have no real idea how but the first post here maybe hit it on the head with new weathers. I think it might even be like Aberration with more exploration involved.

I would love to See end Boss as Homo Deus Helena or one of the other survivors... but then again I want them to have survived and not become bad... I am unsure.

Other creatures would be Awesome! and very likely. Also, a few new mechanics like the Nodes, Plant Z and other intractable objects that cannot be moved or damaged; adding to the lore by making it available to all.

I CANNOT WAIT! TY Wildcard! I have 4k hours nearly and loved most of it... 95%

5 hours ago, Martellus said:

Explorer notes do give more insight, I have not collected them all, but the whole Homo Deus is quite interesting. I hope we learn more about it.

Hybrids is something that came up, I would find it interesting as well, I recall way back a Jurassic Park toy line called "Chaos Effect", which had apex like Ultimasaurus (Rex+Trike) . As for the hazards I have no clue what would pop-up, each Ark was very distinct in that regard. 

I still am hoping for some highly advanced gear, (Aka more Tek stuff) kinda like the Ark Futurism Mech/exo, albeit with a Tek art style and glow. All in all, I have heard all these ideas and to be honest I am pretty excited for what Wildcard has in store. 

It would be interesting if we did meet the Explorer notes' survivors, despite how long it has been, if they became Homo Deus, time is then irrelevant to them, so they could still be "alive".

I only hope that we will have some kind of ultimate power, ascending a fourth time should make us look different and provide a unique / distinct power in regards to non-ascendant survivors.

Cheers!

Just so you guys know you can read all of the Aberration notes on ark wiki you won't get the xp boost :( but it's great for lore :P.

1 hour ago, Anubis7 said:

or for Alpha? I was thinking maybe a mini boss fight sorta like a alpha plant that would come out of the ground and fight you but killed it would yield one seed.

omg that would be so sick...like a venus flytrap that could grab and devour enemies like a megalosaurus....this will be the end of raiding

2 hours ago, rororoxor said:

omg that would be so sick...like a venus flytrap that could grab and devour enemies like a megalosaurus....this will be the end of raiding

yeah or it could have two modes one might be a support mode were it would be like a weaker, slightly smaller and slower growing/turning on but much less expensive version of the tek force field that would be awesome! 

Archived