Arthropleura

Proxis

1 hour ago, Proxis said:

I did that. I was holding it with my Crab feeding it but at about 90% it started to drop even tho I had been feeding it on time. it's Food went down even tho I had been feeding it?

Are you sure you are feeding on time? The feeding intervals get shorter and shorter the closer an animal is to being tamed.

5 hours ago, Kraken said:

Use spoiled meat.

4 hours ago, rororoxor said:

Are you sure you are feeding on time? The feeding intervals get shorter and shorter the closer an animal is to being tamed.

Yeah I don't miss any and I use stimulants If I get hit. its food drops really fast once I get to around 85 percent. starts decreasing faster then it gets "hungry".

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Shooter307 said:

Anyone have trouble taming arthro while they are in the crabs claws? I can't get the "press y to feed" option to pop up? I have tried both claws. I am not using bug repellent, but i am wearing ghilie. I am tryng to use spoiled meat, I don't have any broth of enlightenment.

Is it aggro'd? You won't be able to feed it when its trying to attack something.

You absolutely need bug repellent and never be in front of their head. Arthos are very aware and will notice you much quicker than most other creatures, like mantis. I gave up taming high levels with spoiled meat. Chances that they aggro and if that happens while you are way into the taming process, it will not deaggro before the taming progress drops. At that point the tame failed.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, Shooter307 said:

Anyone have trouble taming arthro while they are in the crabs claws? I can't get the "press y to feed" option to pop up? I have tried both claws. I am not using bug repellent, but i am wearing ghilie. I am tryng to use spoiled meat, I don't have any broth of enlightenment.

I did all three of mine that way and had to use both Ghilie and insect repellent. I tried several times with Ghillie only and I couldn't reliably feed it without making it mad. Just grab in the left claw, crouch, and sneak up slowly from behind/underneath the crab till you just start to see the feed option as it sways around. Once in position stay their as long as the insect repellent lasts and wait to feed. I only had trouble when I got so close that that I could see the feed or wait till its hungry all the time. Don't worry about the crab eat animation where it'll swing the thing around because that doesn't seem to cause any problems with aggro. If it ends up aggroing you or stops taking food, just run a long ways away an then sneak back up. Works a lot better than the pen method.

Archived