Building a bridge in AB (height restriction)

SlySkyGuy

I started a major project to build a bridge straight from the Mushroom forest to my lower base to walk straight across. I discovered on the mushroom side the cliff drops a large section straight down and when I tried to place ramps above my pillars it gave me the error "too high above ground to place structure".

5a53e8e2a4613_arkbridgeproject.thumb.jpg.3deb211104b9015becd5fb585380aa0c.jpg

My question is simple, can I build more pillars and ceilings below it to remove this error and finish my ramp or are you limited on how high up you can go from the ground? If I'm limited I'll have to run my ramp sideways down the cliff and try to find lower cliff  jet outs to build over!

5a53e8cb43ea7_arkbridgetoohigh.thumb.jpg.ac02c6c0f9a6620127b4e6f549e7ac87.jpg

I've encountered this problem when wanting to build a water pipe down a cliffside from my base into the lake near the portal. I've instead had to go half way around the map with a crap ton of pipes just to reach the water directly under my base.

Same issue with cliff platforms that high up, you can place 1 structure on them but get the "too high above ground" error when you try to snap anything else to it.

21 hours ago, KalisaFox said:

with the default peices they can only be so high above ground, increasing the supports will not help.  if you run S+ or other building mods tho, allot of them remove the hight restriction if i remember correctly.

Thank you, but this is on official so that isn't an option. sideways I believe is my only option right now. if only I could see the height of 76 structures with out putting up 75 pillars lol

Archived