I feel well and truly ripped off with SE

Jay89

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

But Ragnarok only uses the assets and creatures. You buy Scorched Earth to play on that map which utilities it’s own mechanics. The devs have been very transparent with that concept.

Which mechanics? Ragnarok recently adopted the weather system and has a desert region similar in size to the whole scorched map.

The devs also said you will not be able to fight the manticore on any other map. But then they put it into Ragnarok.

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Thorium said:

Which mechanics? Ragnarok recently adopted the weather system and has a desert region similar in size to the whole scorched map.

The devs also said you will not be able to fight the manticore on any other map. But then they put it into Ragnarok.

Heatwave, reduced spoil times, electric storms, sandstorms. Also the map itself is great. Sure the Rag desert may use SE assets but it doesn’t replace the map as a whole just because you say so.

10 hours ago, SirPeter said:

Yea I played through story on island and scorched and enjoyed it. I wish there were explorer notes for ragnarok it would make all the ruins more fun. 

I’d rather not do explorer notes, the abcence of exp boosts are what have kept me from Ragnarok in the past and I want it to stay that way. I agree with jay89 that Ragnarok shouldn’t have a desert. But this probably wolnt be changed. I’ll just enjoy SE’s awesome map.

Guest DJRone89
32 minutes ago, Gogohorse said:

I’d rather not do explorer notes, the abcence of exp boosts are what have kept me from Ragnarok in the past and I want it to stay that way. I agree with jay89 that Ragnarok shouldn’t have a desert. But this probably wolnt be changed. I’ll just enjoy SE’s awesome map.

Thing is though, many SE creatures were available on Ragnarok before they added in the desert. I think the desert area is a great addition to the map but does in no way replace the whole of Scorched Earth just because it uses the assets.

SE is still my favorite map to play on.  I would buy it again today, Ragnarok existing doesn't change that.  The Rag desert is boring compared to SE.  I don't think it is very rational if you buy a car and love it, then hate it when a new model comes out that has the same engine.  The thinking makes no sense to me in this and the many other threads with often the same negative supporters.

2 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

SE is still my favorite map to play on.  I would buy it again today, Ragnarok existing doesn't change that.  The Rag desert is boring compared to SE.  I don't think it is very rational if you buy a car and love it, then hate it when a new model comes out that has the same engine.  The thinking makes no sense to me in this and the many other threads with often the same negative supporters.

If you love the map, thats fine. And yes, a new map shouldn't change that. But i never thought it's a good map. I like the additional creatures, items, etc. But playing exclusively on it is very boring as it has only a subset of all the content, just like aberration. It's fun to explore for the first time but there is so much stuff missing from the base game that most people return to the main maps, being Island, Center and Ragnarok, of which Ragnarok is the most complete combination of all that's in the game.

I don't see the appeal of sitting in a heat wave, that does not impact my game play in any way or waiting for a sand storm to end. Also there is water everywhere on scorched. Never ever did i die from thirst or heat on the map and never was it even close. Then you got the electrical storms, which only make offline raiding easier.

If you like the map for what it is and you are happy with it fine. But it is pretty much obsolete from a game mechanic stand point.

Archived