I feel well and truly ripped off with SE

Jay89

I remember when everyone got SE we all thought this is something different and we'll worth the £16 with all the new creatures!

But no a very little down the line came ragnarok which gave every single thing for free that I've just paid £16 raptoring quid for how the raptor is that allowed it's just blatantly cheated me out of my money for nothing.  The only thing I did pay for is a SE map which is absolute poop 

Can't really agree with this sentiment.
I think the Scorched Earth DLC is pretty fun to play and the map gives it's own challenges to deal with that you don't find on other maps.

I'm not even bothered that people can access the dinosaur content through Ragnarok.
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
The 16 quid invested for this DLC is money invested into the continuation of Ark.

Just now, Majix said:

If Only there was some website that broadcasts videos and introductions to Ark maps, something that maybe users upload to "You"

if only there was some way to research this hmmm.

Did you read one bit of my OP? Like I said I WAS excited for SE (emphasis on the WAS) but sadly there was no videos before it came our showing me absolutely everything please show me the link to all future released products showcasing every little detail about them and the part where it says "don't buy this as it will all be free soon anyway" I must of missed it....

I prefer SE tbh

well worth the £16 in that I'm one of 8 people logged on at anyone point, decent drops but you have to work towards them, harder world creatures, pockets of rewarding resources when found, good survival requirements, limited other resources, new dimensions to base building, challenges in creature raising and dealing with the environment...

basically what every PVE server should be like.

sure once you get your giga it makes things easier but being stuck out on the dunes in worm country, have a canteen of water, 3 pieces of meat left due to an unfortunate run in with 3 scorpions, 2 boa's, a flock of vultures and a mantis whilst collecting pearls and you've made the rooky mistake of not whistling follow and putting on neutral your dumb A$$$ of a giga and just stands there staring at you whilst you go to town with an Asc sword followed by your shoulder rat going nuts because of a sand storm inbound and the realisation that your tent is down to 5% health...yeah I enjoy SE a lot more than most of the other maps.

Rag is for those who want it easy I suppose, IMHO, I would say 90% of my deaths and animal losses on Rag were due to roll backs, DC's and glitching through the floor of the map. even the Ice Queen is dead simple, ascended shotguns, MC riot shields, 2 pieces of MC fur and 3 pieces MC flak or riot and few broths. simples.

Scorched got ruined when transferring opened up, it was fun before then. But now it's ruined by the flyer Nerf as no more 200% speed argy means nothing on the map is fast enough to get dragon eggs. It was a good concept but ruined by later game design decisions. 

If anything should make scorched so only scorched dinos can transfer there like aberation. Reskin a few of the scorched dinos, wolves into coyote new colours for stuff etc, add Griffins to the map so there is a viable egg farmer and it wouldn't be a bad map. Pvp tribes may use it again. 

Guest DJRone89

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

I remember when everyone got SE we all thought this is something different and we'll worth the £16 with all the new creatures!

But no a very little down the line came ragnarok which gave every single thing for free that I've just paid £16 raptoring quid for how the raptor is that allowed it's just blatantly cheated me out of my money for nothing.  The only thing I did pay for is a SE map which is absolute poop 

But you enjoyed the map before Ragnarok launched?

Do you feel cheated for everything you buy at the time and becomes either cheaper or free at a later date?

• 3 weeks later...

So you are feeling ripped off because most of its content is no longer exclusive to paid DLC buyers? Wait, what?

First, who ever said it would remain exclusive forever? Just go ahead and tell me; Second, how exactly does having the creatures on another map ruins the game?

I don't know why your kind still posting around, but let me say that you won't find any support with this attitude, so here is what you should do: Buy tons of stuff and play in silence. At least it seems you are quite "good" at spending money.

Guest chancho33015

Well, to be honest once you play in ragnarok...most maps feel like poop lol since it has a desert, a red forest, big ocean, beaches, and pretty much everything from every single map. So i understand where you are coming from..specially since ragnarok is free...

however, SE is a loot map. it has the best drops of any map. that is why they charge you 20 dollars or in your case 16 euros... 

12 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Well, to be honest once you play in ragnarok...most maps feel like poop lol since it has a desert, a red forest, big ocean, beaches, and pretty much everything from every single map. So i understand where you are coming from..specially since ragnarok is free...

however, SE is a loot map. it has the best drops of any map. that is why they charge you 20 dollars or in your case 16 euros... 

are the desert loot drops better than the surface drops in aberration? I haven´t been able to get any since I dont own a rock drake but I´ve heard they´re really op

Guest chancho33015
4 minutes ago, Zeraki said:

are the desert loot drops better than the surface drops in aberration? I haven´t been able to get any since I dont own a rock drake but I´ve heard they´re really op

surface drops..are poop compare to SE. I mean, you can find good things...but you can only go for 5 min every 30 minutes...so...you only get to pick maybe 4...on a lucky day one red drop, 2 yellow, and maybe a purple one. 

but that is usually not the case. 

if  i can be honest...they are very poop drops lol

17 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

This. They should just change the name of Scorched Earth to Scorched Loot to be clear for everyone..

2 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

one has to remember that SE was over a year out before Rag was a full release map with the desert, if you are just getting it now then yeah it can feel like a rip off but its not, SE has a different experience and story to follow....

Yea I played through story on island and scorched and enjoyed it. I wish there were explorer notes for ragnarok it would make all the ruins more fun. 

OP is correct. There is just the map itself, the phoenix (which is useless). That is exclusive to scorched earth. The manticore and it's tek unlocks is also on Ragnarok. Ragnarok also got the weather mechanics of scorched recently. You even get the additional creatures: Ice wyvern and griffin.

No one really plays scorched earth. On my cluster there is only one player having it's main base on scorched and his reason for this is because no one else plays there. He isn't much into PvP. The only thing players go over there is to collect silica pearls and crystal. Just because it's the map you can get them most efficiently.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:40 PM, DJRone89 said:

But you enjoyed the map before Ragnarok launched?

Do you feel cheated for everything you buy at the time and becomes either cheaper or free at a later date?

Would be a argument, if scorched would be free now, but it's not. They take the same money from new players. I would feel ripped of as a new player, if i buy scorched now and later discover that Ragnarok has all of it and is free.

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Would be a argument, if scorched would be free now, but it's not. They take the same money from new players. I would feel ripped of as a new player, if i buy scorched now and later discover that Ragnarok has all of it and is free.

But Ragnarok only uses the assets and creatures. You buy Scorched Earth to play on that map which utilities it’s own mechanics. The devs have been very transparent with that concept.

Archived