Leading causes of death in ARK?

Weaselly

My personal opinion on reasons why most Ark players die.

#1 - Server crashes, lag, & glitches brought to you by Studio Wildcard

#2 - Dinos

#3 - Turrets/other Players

#4 - Fall Damage

#5 - Environmental Elements (Cold/Heat/Drowning)

#6 - Starving/Thirst

#7 - Killing self on purpose (eating poop, punching to death)

#8 - Pissing off the wrong dodo...

2 hours ago, Weaselly said:

My personal opinion on reasons why most Ark players die.

#1 - Server crashes, lag, & glitches brought to you by Studio Wildcard

#2 - Dinos

#3 - Turrets/other Players

#4 - Fall Damage

#5 - Environmental Elements (Cold/Heat/Drowning)

#6 - Starving/Thirst

#7 - Killing self on purpose (eating poop, punching to death)

#8 - Pissing off the wrong dodo...

#1...always.

Glitching through the floor of my base or DC while flying or DC while surrounded in a cave :) 

Haven´t logged out with a single piece of gear on me for ages, never travel with or wear any gear in general if I don´t have to.

3 hours ago, edskelly said:

My last death was hopping off my wyvern before it finished its lightning attack ;)...FAIL!

Been there, done that a few times :)

I think the absolute worst death at the time (ironically funny now) was on scorched when I finally got my first wyvern raised and took it out on its test flight.  I circled my base getting used to to the turn radius then took off down the valley, went in low to try out her lightning attack and..........frozen screen.  Then a crash.  Then a forced update which had me sitting there looking at my TV for 90 minutes thinking awwwww &#*@##*&.  Log into my base, my wyvern sitting in the stable, and a note in my pocket saying drug you back home and brought your mount back, no more drinking and driving for you.  Good times.   Good clan.  

9 of my last 10 deaths, and I don't die often, were caused solely by disconnects.  This has always been the case with ARK and would be resolved almost wholly if you stayed mounted for a period of time while disconnected and during that period of time your dino AI was able to take over.  Riding around on a neutral dino would become the norm and a lot of DC issues, of which there are many, would be far more acceptable to the player base.

1# is definitely disconnects and/or crashes

2# is Frozen Spores

3# Baryonyx perma-stun lock

4# Falling under the mesh because crabs can knock any mount under the mesh if you fight them near plant Z or buildings.

5# Beavers/Bees, wild or tamed.

6# Everything else (Comprises less then 5% of unintended deaths)

Didn't include intended deaths because. Yeah.  

The top 4 based on my experience:

Reason #1 - Poor planning. This is when people forget a parachute, eat polymer, accidentally drink narcotics on a bird, take the wrong path, zigged when zigging was lava, etc...

Reason #2 - PvP. This is anytime one player kills another player, by accident or on purpose...including friendly fire.

Reason #3 - Fabrication. This is when people say they died but didn't to make #4 seem like #1.

Reason #4 - Crashes/bugs. 

On 1/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, Bruvas78 said:

#1 Disconnect. Log back on to being eaten/falling off flier.

Worst one right there. Even lag when flying can kill.

Last week I was on a Quetz, lagged and was suddenly falling, so I immediately started moving, trying to pop a parachute (I was out), etcetc.

Tribemate informs me that if I hadn't moved I would have snapped back onto the Quetz.

instead I did the most graceful swan dive into the side of a mountain you've ever seen. heheh

Archived