Who won the $2,000.00 prize money?

McPASTY84

Aberration was released 75% complete.  A solid victory for Wildcard if you ask me.  A completely poor standard to set for the gaming industry as a whole.
Personally I feel WC has done a amazing job with this game even with all it's flaws.. gotta remember it could be worse.. think how ark would be if it was ran by Bungie and Activision.. we'd have herb island to start with.. and have to pay $40 to unlock green ob area.. $40 more for red ob.. and ofcourse it would run like a champ with no crashing or dropping.. because there would literally be nothing there.. no actual content.. just your money flying out the window lol..

1 minute ago, anubis3691 said:
1 hour ago, Brayn said:
Aberration was released 75% complete.  A solid victory for Wildcard if you ask me.  A completely poor standard to set for the gaming industry as a whole.

Personally I feel WC has done a amazing job with this game even with all it's flaws.. gotta remember it could be worse.. think how ark would be if it was ran by Bungie and Activision.. we'd have herb island to start with.. and have to pay $40 to unlock green ob area.. $40 more for red ob.. and ofcourse it would run like a champ with no crashing or dropping.. because there would literally be nothing there.. no actual content.. just your money flying out the window lol..

Haha maybe... But blizzard tho... that'd be a jaw dropping game.  I'd gladly pay $10 a month to be on a "monitored" server, where GM tickets are responded to within 30 minutes, exploiting is actively monitored, flagged and enforced.  Works on WoW.

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

Haha maybe... But blizzard tho... that'd be a jaw dropping game.  I'd gladly pay $10 a month to be on a "monitored" server, where GM tickets are responded to within 30 minutes, exploiting is actively monitored, flagged and enforced.  Works on WoW.

Something like ARK would've never come from Blizzard. They lack imagination, creativity and they don't dare take risks on anything.
There'd be zero GM issues if WC had Blizz money streaming out their butt xD 

21 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Something like ARK would've never come from Blizzard. They lack imagination, creativity and they don't dare take risks on anything.

As far as I'm concerned that description perfectly describes both companies.

1 hour ago, HighFlyer15 said:

When I first step foot in WoW back during Vanilla (haven't played since TBC), I was in awe.  Every detail, every sound, every NPC brought me right back to the days of playing Warcraft 2 and 3.  I got to actually live the life of the Peon or Grunt that I got to guide to its death.  Seeing the broken down meat wagons, Orgrimar, the trolls... everything so beautifully done.  Any game breaking bugs were addressed within a day of arising, with only a few lingering issues.  They did react slowly to glaring PvP imbalances, but PvP is really tough to get right in any game.  Their raid mechanics were fresh and crazy hard to figure out and execute.  Their ability to cater to the solo player as well as the hard core raider got better over time, not worse.

They didn't need to be as creative or take as big of risks as ARK needs to take because they had all of the lore that they had already imagined up in place.  The only challenge they had was to represent the lore in first person and at scale and I have to say they did an incredible job.

If Wildcard had the juice that Blizzard has, I'm not convinced that they could do what needs to be done.  ARK, I feel, was created over the weekend by a couple guys playing on Spark that were really good at using the limited tools provided to them.  Unfortunately, when you use a game creator tool or program, you can only make that platform go so far before all of the little end arounds, back doors and creative use of tools you need to do to make your game come to life come back to haunt you in the form of disconnects, difficult to discover and fix bugs and general lag.

ARK needs to develop its own engine, one designed specifically for the scale of the game.  Instead, they took shootergame.ini and modded it to be ARK.

Archived