We need kibble to tame and imprint in Aberration

Goodgodmonkey

The imprinting issue has been solved, you can now cook glowtail, rock drake, featherlight kibbles etc.

The missing kibble tree is still an issue, I don't mind missing levels on a 150 doed (you lose like 6-10 levels compared to kibble) but it takes 6 HOURS instead of about 1. Hopefully a new kibble tree is completed soon for aberration :)

On 1/8/2018 at 11:20 PM, Todgins said:

The imprinting issue has been solved, you can now cook glowtail, rock drake, featherlight kibbles etc.

The missing kibble tree is still an issue, I don't mind missing levels on a 150 doed (you lose like 6-10 levels compared to kibble) but it takes 6 HOURS instead of about 1. Hopefully a new kibble tree is completed soon for aberration :)

On official you lose 12 levels on x2 with a 150 doed with veggies ~ If you are taming a 150 for 6 hours with veggies at normal official rates you are losing over 30 levels ~ I hope they find a solution for lack of kibble soon ~ Six hour herbivore tames are getting tiresome ~ Aberration is my fav map but when x2 isn’t on I don’t want to tame herbivores at all anymore :( 

41 minutes ago, isu said:

Its same on SE. Take it as part of challenge. 

The difference here, is that SE is open to dino and item transfers. In other words, if you played the game the way the devs intended (yes they have a story); you start off on the island, then transfer to scorched earth,  you'd have Dilo's tamed and access to that kibble for taming.

You can't do that on aberration, meaning no, it's not the same as SE, it's a design flaw. They need to either allow these kibble dinos to come over to aberration or create a Raw/Cooked Mutton variant for Herbivores. And before people start saying Veggies ARE the Mutton equivalent, no. No they are not. Veggies at BEST are the Raw Prime Meat equivalent, and even that is pushing it.

IMO, a "new" cake needs to be made. One that incorporates: Honey, each of the tame berries, each veggie, Rare Flowers, Fiber and Water
That is a  13 slot recipe meaning it can't be made in a primitive cooking pot, which is fine. Something beneficial should be a bit harder to obtain, making this recipe ONLY craftable in the Industrial cooker.

24 minutes ago, GmOcean said:

The difference here, is that SE is open to dino and item transfers. In other words, if you played the game the way the devs intended (yes they have a story); you start off on the island, then transfer to scorched earth,  you'd have Dilo's tamed and access to that kibble for taming.

You can't do that on aberration, meaning no, it's not the same as SE, it's a design flaw. They need to either allow these kibble dinos to come over to aberration or create a Raw/Cooked Mutton variant for Herbivores. And before people start saying Veggies ARE the Mutton equivalent, no. No they are not. Veggies at BEST are the Raw Prime Meat equivalent, and even that is pushing it.

IMO, a "new" cake needs to be made. One that incorporates: Honey, each of the tame berries, each veggie, Rare Flowers, Fiber and Water
That is a  13 slot recipe meaning it can't be made in a primitive cooking pot, which is fine. Something beneficial should be a bit harder to obtain, making this recipe ONLY craftable in the Industrial cooker.

When SE first came out it was just like aberration, no transfers into the map allowed.  This was also before evo events where even a thing so yeah you dont NEED the kibble dinos there, you WANT them.  

Yeah, players on Aberration may "want" them, but so did SE and then they got them. 
As for not having it when SE first came out, you can assume the same thing with Ragnarok, yeah it had every dino available, but transfers were locked out. The difference here is it was NEVER stated that you were not going to be able to transfer in/out. Just temporarily to give those servers time to build up to make things fair.

With Aberration,  the explicitly said transfer's wont be a 2way street. Now if the dinos have the capability to be tamed better due to kibble then it needs to be given. It's like litterally giving people an incomplete version of the game.

11 hours ago, Pandora said:

On official you lose 12 levels on x2 with a 150 doed with veggies ~ If you are taming a 150 for 6 hours with veggies at normal official rates you are losing over 30 levels ~ I hope they find a solution for lack of kibble soon ~ Six hour herbivore tames are getting tiresome ~ Aberration is my fav map but when x2 isn’t on I don’t want to tame herbivores at all anymore :( 

But that's just how the map is designed.  You needing those extra 12 levels is an illusion in your mind.  You don't even need a 150 doed. Even low level doeds get more stone in Aberration than perfect kibble tamed doeds on the island do.

2 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Still don't understand why Dilo's where not added into aberration anyways. Very useful kibble for resource gathering dinos and they would suit an Aberrant variant easily. Have their neck fins and spines all glowing seems like a no brainier

Yup. 

I felt they wouldn't have seemed out of place on scorched either.

16 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

When SE first came out it was just like aberration, no transfers into the map allowed.  This was also before evo events where even a thing so yeah you dont NEED the kibble dinos there, you WANT them.  

However, Scorch Earth had full intention to allow transfers eventually, thus the problem of kibble was not as significant as it is with abberation where transfer has been stated to never be allowed.

Which is rather significant because of the high danger level of the blue and pink zone, max level dinos (particularly for doed and anky) are needed to be able to defend themselves, like max level ankys/does can defeat rexes on the island.

AB cannot be compared to SE with regard to kibble dinos.  On SE you had a kibble dino for every task.  If you CHOSE to tame a doed for stone or an anky for metal or a paracer for weight, that was on you.  On SE you were meant to use Golems for stone (mantis kibble), Mantis for metal/flint (deathworm horns) and golems, mantis or wyverns for weight.  Unless reapers somehow magically got the ability to farm stone and metal, not having Dilos on AB was a huge oversight.

14 hours ago, GmOcean said:

With Aberration,  the explicitly said transfer's wont be a 2way street. Now if the dinos have the capability to be tamed better due to kibble then it needs to be given. It's like litterally giving people an incomplete version of the game.

More accurately it is the version of aberration that the devs intended.  If it is not to your liking the game allows you to play single player or a unofficial server with settings as you see fit.  I agree with many here dilos would fit right in and was a little disappointed they were left out but its not game breaking, you can still get an anky or doed it just requires more time or you settle for a lower one that still is way better than using your tools.  Bottom line for me though is i would rather take extra time on these key tames than have aberration spoiled by allowing transfers, it would kill most of what makes this map fun and unique in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived