RoyMustang

Does anyone have any tips for raising rock drakes? It isn't that hard to get the egg for me, just storm the trench with a few megalosaurus and ez pz... But raising them is really difficult. I was wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks to raising these things. The main problem is the spoil timer on the Venom is extremely short, and they don't stack. What I'm currently doing is setting multiple alarms throughout the night to get on and feed them, but it's messing up my sleep schedule. The only options I see are really to struggle like I am, or bring them onto a rag server and use preserving salt with nameless venom, or ditch the drakes until I can afford tek trough (which is hard since I play official). Does anyone have better ideas?

Drake food drops 1 food every 10secs

you can do some basic math.

if my drake has 3000 food, I use the following 

3000 x 10(secs) = 30000

30000/60(mins) = 500

500/60(hr) = 8.33

drake will starve in 8.33 hrs

run around on your mount with your light pet OFF. When some nameless attack, turn your light pet back on and destroy nameless. Don’t stay in one area, move around killing spawns. Easy venom.

hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Devildjinn said:

3000 x 10(secs) = 30000

30000/60(mins) = 500

500/60(hr) = 8.33

run around on your mount with your light pet OFF. When some nameless attack, turn your light pet back on and destroy nameless. Don’t stay in one area, move around killing spawns. Easy venom.

hope this helps.

Don't forget that the Drake has health as well, so after its food went to 0, it has to lose all his health, too. So you got more than 8.33 hours. ;) 

Don't be afraid to overfeed before logging off, just let the food stat drop back to its maximum before you do log off, and always wait 10 mins after imprint before feeding incase it is health or food (consumes more food to gain health/has a higher food stat). 

Otherwise, once outta baby it's pretty simple, I won't re-list the maths, but it is above.

However I farm venom by staying in the same spot on my drake, literally jump around once the nameless start spawning and you can get a real nice group going with little damage to yourself, just make sure alphas don't hang around too long.

Unless you're raising a level 80 or lower rock drake, you really don't need to feed them more than once every 7 or 8 hours.  That time goes up dramatically after day 1.  Feed to max once every 8 hours and you're good to go.  On day 3 or 4 you could probably feed to full once every 12-16 hours.  As said above, before logging off, put a fresh venom in them.

16 hours ago, Devildjinn said:

3000 x 10(secs) = 30000

30000/60(mins) = 500

500/60(hr) = 8.33

hope this helps.

hmmm for some reason my drake is loosing .6 food every 10 secconds, which is 216 food lost every hour. My drake is lvl 45 and I play on an official server.

Archived