Dino's in the radiation zone

BlackPlague

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 12:32 AM, Royalstar said:

Basilisks, mole rats, ravagers, and giant bees aren’t immune to radiation. All other creatures are immune, as long as they’re the aberrant variations (e.g. a trike from the island won’t be immune, but an aberrant trike will be). 

Not all Aberrant Dino are immune (Especially Ankylosaurus). Get your fact right.

Technically: the following Aberrant Dino are Immune:

• Dimorpohodon *
  • Megalania *
  • Araneo *
  • Carnotaurus
  • Megalosaurus
  • Spinosaurus
  • Arthropleura
  • Baryonyx
  • Purlovia
  • Paracer
  • Pulmonoscorpius
  • Titanoboa

* = Non-existent in official setting/Very rarely spawned to the point of not being important

Any dino not in this list (or without aberrant prefix) are not immune to radiation and must have Mushroom Brew to safely walk in Element Region.

And the following Native Dino of Aberrantion are not immune:

• Ravager
  • Roll Rat
  • Basilisk
  • Reaper Embryo (In case you wonder, its that effect you get after being impregnated by the Reaper Queen. Exposure to Radiation will instantly kill it, as stated in explorer note.)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you place a Tek Forcefield on a Paraceratherium?

If so.. Build a teleporter in green or blue and one in red.  Snag your Para build a platform and place forcefield on the Para.  Load on your gatherers and teleport to red. Have 1 person ride the Para and other ride the gathering dino staying inside the forcefield, fill up the weight on everything teleport back to green/blue. Rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, d3vious said:

If so.. Build a teleporter in green or blue and one in red.  Snag your Para build a platform and place forcefield on the Para.  Load on your gatherers and teleport to red. Have 1 person ride the Para and other ride the gathering dino staying inside the forcefield, fill up the weight on everything teleport back to green/blue. Rinse and repeat.

Haha I had to try it, and no, you can't build a tek forcefield on a paracer (or any) platform saddle. That would have been pretty cool though.

19 hours ago, d3vious said:

I don't recall any Tek structures (save for walls/foundation/ceiling/etc) being placable on a platform saddle.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:11 AM, Vaculity said:

I don't recall any Tek structures (save for walls/foundation/ceiling/etc) being placable on a platform saddle.

Fairly certain most can be, like the Replicator and trough. I know teleporters, Shield generators, and Transmitters cannot though. Imagine if they could. A Quetzal with a forcefield flies over your base and bunch of Rexes are spammed through a transmitter, making them rain down upon you. 

27 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Fairly certain most can be, like the Replicator and trough. I know teleporters, Shield generators, and Transmitters cannot though. Imagine if they could. A Quetzal with a forcefield flies over your base and bunch of Rexes are spammed through a transmitter, making them rain down upon you. 

Sounds pretty awesome to me XD.  I swear y are most tek things worthless?  The punch is a joke, the helmets scan is so pixely tgat u cant hardly see plus tho u can breath underwater it dsnt grant the goggle effect that it obviously shud, the run and fall protection is nice but all the armor is to weak to actually wear compared to flak.  For a fancy alien spacesuit it also hardly does anything to protect u frm temperatures either.  The rifle is  outclassed by upgrade assault rifles and it breaks so quickly its worthless.  The shooting effect tek saddles hv are so weak its almost worthless and upgraded saddles make a joke of tek saddles armor wise.  For the endgame items you take months building a team thru mutation breeding just to beat the bosses on hard, the tek stuff is kinda underwhelming.  And of course the 1 pve spot ud actually need it, the tek cave, the game blocks the use of it.  Seems lik a big waste of time to me, exception to the trough, teleporter, and transmitter tho.  Has any1 tried the atv?

9 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Or in certain case if boss spawn is permitted on Tek Replicator, grief the other tribe's arena-transferrable dino and kill them. That would suck a lot.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:26 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Sounds pretty awesome to me XD.  I swear y are most tek things worthless?  The punch is a joke, the helmets scan is so pixely tgat u cant hardly see plus tho u can breath underwater it dsnt grant the goggle effect that it obviously shud, the run and fall protection is nice but all the armor is to weak to actually wear compared to flak.  For a fancy alien spacesuit it also hardly does anything to protect u frm temperatures either.  The rifle is  outclassed by upgrade assault rifles and it breaks so quickly its worthless.  The shooting effect tek saddles hv are so weak its almost worthless and upgraded saddles make a joke of tek saddles armor wise.  For the endgame items you take months building a team thru mutation breeding just to beat the bosses on hard, the tek stuff is kinda underwhelming.  And of course the 1 pve spot ud actually need it, the tek cave, the game blocks the use of it.  Seems lik a big waste of time to me, exception to the trough, teleporter, and transmitter tho.  Has any1 tried the atv?

The ATV is a waste TBH. Drive it into water and you gotta make a new one(Last I used one atleast). If Tek stuff could somehow reach better rarities it would be the meta, but here we are.

6 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

The ATV is a waste TBH. Drive it into water and you gotta make a new one(Last I used one atleast). If Tek stuff could somehow reach better rarities it would be the meta, but here we are.

I agree with u, upgraded versions wud make it useable at least.  I do believe the helmet needs the goggle effect and the suit shud provide ghillie/fur lvl protections at least once u hv a set.  Instead of a sucky punch my green lvl sword can out do(without hvin to charge up while standing still) how bout a 10x(or watever the difference is between a norm punch and a full charged tek punch) multiplier to all ur melee dmg(each swing uses charge).  Op, mayb, but it is an alien spacesuit tht the creators of everything we are standing on and using would of worn rite?  Not to mention the effort to get this stuff is extreme without cheating, reward shud b likewise.

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Qwertymine said:

Tek ATV damages metal (and tek?) So next time keep that in mind too ;) 

Archived