Zaviel

The issue is with the green snot looking mushrooms that are scattered around. They've been incorrectly set up so that an Anky or Doed Melee swing will register as hitting them but they won't be destroyed, but it will prevent the swing from hitting the intended target. Eat those mushrooms with your Ankys right click attack and you'll be able to harvest the metal just fine.

This short clip shows the mushroom interrupting harvesting a tree, but it's the same for any metal or stone nodes

https://youtu.be/9ypRxpRFnGw

Another issue though is that in many places the mesh is double layered, and there are several things underneath the layer we are on, including tonnes more metal nodes and yes, many of these mushrooms as well which are still blocking your swing even though you cannot see them. What I've started doing is when I do a metal run I go through with a stego first and clear out all the foliage, as a result there's not been a single metal node that I've had trouble harvesting.

12 hours ago, Kraken said:

The issue is with the green snot looking mushrooms that are scattered around. They've been incorrectly set up so that an Anky or Doed Melee swing will register as hitting them but they won't be destroyed, but it will prevent the swing from hitting the intended target. Eat those mushrooms with your Ankys right click attack and you'll be able to harvest the metal just fine.

This short clip shows the mushroom interrupting harvesting a tree, but it's the same for any metal or stone nodes

https://youtu.be/9ypRxpRFnGw

Another issue though is that in many places the mesh is double layered, and there are several things underneath the layer we are on, including tonnes more metal nodes and yes, many of these mushrooms as well which are still blocking your swing even though you cannot see them. What I've started doing is when I do a metal run I go through with a stego first and clear out all the foliage, as a result there's not been a single metal node that I've had trouble harvesting.

This is probably why almost all metal nodes located on raised natural bridges in the biolume are 100% hittable.

I've noticed the same thing too honestly and it's quite frustrating in the biolum area. All I have been doing is honestly getting off, grabbing it with the crab, and trying to hit it from a differetn angle. More time consuming and frustrating to say the least, but after 3-4 different variations, it tends to work. 

As much metal as their is on this map, there shouldn't be an issue with harvesting it with the Anky, but then again, losing drakes, mega's and even anky's under the map while using the dino's the way intended, doesn't surprise me either. RIP

On 1/7/2018 at 11:33 PM, Kraken said:

The issue is with the green snot looking mushrooms that are scattered around.

Maybe you didn't read my 2 sentences where I said that it is also the terrain.  No mushroom around for miles but still can't be touched unless you angle the camera just right.  Some parts of Blue have different issues.

I haven't noticed any mushrooms around ours, and some of them are in very bare areas where I don't think there would be any shrooms.

What I have noticed is if people don't harvest the bugged nodes by hand, they just stay there and as more bugged nodes spawn in, you're eventually left with basically no functioning nodes.

For all those who dont know (wrongly assumed it was obvious)

i solo farm with an anky and crab all the time and i slot the thing 300/300 dumping all crap dont want and i have no problem hitting any rocks, your just not doing it correctly

Swing with RT (metal harvesting) then immediately try to harvest berrys with LT and if your quick enough you will harvest a larger area of berries/mushrooms with the RT removing said mushrooms etc from your way allowing you to farm the metal easily

Archived