Devs inactivity

RaiderofthelostARK

4 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

One of the biggest issues atm: Where is the response?

Another:

There are some really meanigfull Buglists here on the Forum. Many of em exist since start of ea.

Ok. many of the gamebreaking bugs, are only important for PVP-Players of a certain Level, many things do not bother PVE Players, i get it. But that does not mean they dont exist.

Nobody says they do not exist.
But as you clearly stated yourself, the bugs being reported are only affecting sub-sets of users and not the entire player-base.
Whether something is crucial enough to be considered game-breaking or not is up to Wildcard to decide, and when/how to fix it.
Even if that does not stroke with the vocal people's opinion.

As has been posted today as well in other topics, Wildcard does read all the feedback.
And they act on it where it's needed as has been shown multiple times with the changes made to the game.

Claiming they do nothing : a blatant lie.
Claiming the game is unplayable : Sorry, not true except for a few rare cases where people simply cannot boot up the game.
Claiming the game is broken because of the turret change:  Learn to adapt, or accept the game is evolving into a way that doesn't suit you. A risk Wildcard has to take.

I'm all for pointing out the flaws and issues with this game, cause they're there.
As long as it's done in a constructive manner with actual facts.
And not shouting and screaming

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

One of the biggest issues atm: Where is the response?

Another:

There are some really meanigfull Buglists here on the Forum. Many of em exist since start of ea.

Ok. many of the gamebreaking bugs, are only important for PVP-Players of a certain Level, many things do not bother PVE Players, i get it. But that does not mean they dont exist.

Sorry I haven't really paid attention to the top issue you posted, as it doesn't affect me or my game play.

The 2nd issue (Turrets) was dealt with already.

- Fix for Camera Shake slider not scaling earthquake shaking properly
- Aberrant Bary eggs now properly drop (required client update).
- Fixed an issue where turrets would target focus Tek Saddle projectiles but do no damage.
- Fixed an issue where Heavy turrets would improperly track/spend ammo shooting Tek Saddle projectiles.

Interestingly, this patch came out a few days ago... during the period of "Dev Inactivity" being discussed.  Just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Claiming the game is broken because of the turret change:

Shows me, that you havent watched the Video. Its not about the turretchange lol. im totaly fine with the Turretchange. If you tell People your opinion, you should know what you are talking about.

And also, that are only examples.

And the UnrealEngine issue does not impair only a little Part of the Playerbase. The only thing most people want, and whats this thread is about, is COMMUNICATION.
If you can post bullpoop about what you gonna eat today on twitter, you should also be able to inform Players about atleast the important stuff. Like that UnrealEngine poop.

Well in all fairness they get paid well for the hours they endure behind a keyboard. A week being standard? The multi billion dollar company I work for let's us have 1 day off during xmas. I chase shoplifters around 8 hours a day averaging 10 to 15 miles a day having 2 days off per week for going on 3 years now. And no weekends and no hoilday off except for xmas. And correct sir most of the player base don't work those types of hours...nor do most of the workforce. Customers 1st always when it comes to most companies. 
Ahhh.. I see you're getting that good ole sam Walton shaft lol.

17 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:
21 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:
Well in all fairness they get paid well for the hours they endure behind a keyboard. A week being standard? The multi billion dollar company I work for let's us have 1 day off during xmas. I chase shoplifters around 8 hours a day averaging 10 to 15 miles a day having 2 days off per week for going on 3 years now. And no weekends and no hoilday off except for xmas. And correct sir most of the player base don't work those types of hours...nor do most of the workforce. Customers 1st always when it comes to most companies. 

Ahhh.. I see you're getting that good ole sam Walton shaft lol.

Lol well $15.30 to run around catching people being dumb is fun af. Soon to be closer to 16. But yea I hate walmart js

1 hour ago, Ugodzilla said:

Picture was taken 1min ago. 

80F8CF99A2A306BAF9529DC22A47D04EFFCFB7D9

The main problems the turret patch addressed was what I listed, it's reaction to tek saddle fire and related ammo drain.  Those issues were obviously the major concern, and might require further adjustments.

Personally I don't know what their intentions are concerning splash damage.  If they don't like things as they are they'll address it in a subsequent patch.

There are a couple posters who just love to play this game where wildcard can do no wrong and if a problem doesn't effect every single player it's not a real problem that can be voiced.   Oh you play console?  Well this is a PC game that's ported so your complaint isn't valid.  Oh you play official ha you loser play unofficial and it works better your complaint isn't valid.   Same for PVP/PVE and on and on.     Complaints that don't directly effect you are still very valid to someone else who they do effect.  Stop being so arrogant. 

Oh and I'm really loving this sporadic and constant server updates at all times of day or night.   I don't know what I expected but something a little less random than evo events would be nice.  I mean do those whenever you want I don't care but your "maintenance" schedule is garbage. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Steeze said:

There are a couple posters who just love to play this game where wildcard can do no wrong and if a problem doesn't effect every single player it's not a real problem that can be voiced.   Oh you play console?  Well this is a PC game that's ported so your complaint isn't valid.  Oh you play official ha you loser play unofficial and it works better your complaint isn't valid.   Same for PVP/PVE and on and on.     Complaints that don't directly effect you are still very valid to someone else who they do effect.  Stop being so arrogant. 

Oh and I'm really loving this sporadic and constant server updates at all times of day or night.   I don't know what I expected but something a little less random than evo events would be nice.  I mean do those whenever you want I don't care but your "maintenance" schedule is garbage. 

“Fix the game”

“Stop updating all the time”

“Updates schedules are stupid and affect me personally but people are arrogant if those same issues don’t affect them personally”

11 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

The main problems the turret patch addressed was what I listed, it's reaction to tek saddle fire and related ammo drain.  Those issues were obviously the major concern, and might require further adjustments.

Personally I don't know what their intentions are concerning splash damage.  If they don't like things as they are they'll address it in a subsequent patch.

As i mentioned before, they are only examples. there are many highquality posted buglists on this Forum. 

But thats not whats this Thread is about.

If we take again the UnrealengineIssue. Half of my Tribe and a big Part of our Alliance quitted playing cause of this and  especially the lack of communication about it.

And cause of many Bugs that exist since ea and WCs behaviour in the Past, what the .... should make us believe that they will fix it?

Or if they are only planing to add more buggy, glitchy stuff via a new dlc ( i believe the next one will be the last and after that, they try to release Ark2 letting many Problems be unsolved ).

That the Game isnt stable playable for many many Players atm, is an serious issue, what Players should be informed about.

Hey. I could also be that arrogant like you and say " Hey, it only happens to me maybe once a Day, i dont care about the People for which it happens every 5min"

But for me, Ark isnt a solo Game, and if it affects a big part or better said the majority of Players on our Servers, it affects me too.

Its ok, if for you, Ark is a better looking Steampunk Version of Minecraft and you arent affected by many Things that concern many other Players.

But you also should acknowledge, that there are many others for which Ark is a Pvp Survival Game.

And as i said earlier. If you have the Time, to talk about what weird meal youll have today on twitter, you have the 5mins to inform Players about what you are going to do to fix such serious issues.

Especially if you are forced to do some research in the UnrealForums, cause ARK Devs stay silent, youll soon get the impression, that this issue may not be fixed in the near Future, cause of some decisions they made in the past. What now may be a big Problem cause of the lack of manpower they constantly talk about.

But hey. If they overdid it with the Console Release and now with that Win10 Play Anywhere Crap, Sry WC, thats your problem.

I don't really expect any news from the devs themselves about anything, but I think if a company has people with the title "community manager" working for it, it's their job to give feedback from the community to the devs, and to pass on information from the devs to the community that is discussed a lot.

Isn't a community managers job to communicate stuff between these two parties? So the devs don't need to have an eye on every thread, but still know what's on their playerbases mind? Or do I not understand correctly?

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Weiss said:

I don't really expect any news from the devs themselves about anything, but I think if a company has people with the title "community manager" working for it, it's their job to give feedback from the community to the devs, and to pass on information from the devs to the community that is discussed a lot.

Isn't a community managers job to communicate stuff between these two parties? So the devs don't need to have an eye on every thread, but still know what's on their playerbases mind? Or do I not understand correctly?

This. Unfortunately it’s been said that employees “wear many hats” so although they have a set job title, they work on other aspects of the company.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

This. Unfortunately it’s been said that employees “wear many hats” so although they have a set job title, they work on other aspects of the company.

I see.

I thought they recruited new people some time ago to only be community managers. The only new one around I noticed was Eli though.

I hope he/she is not the only one responsible for reading through all the "main channels" (official forum, twitter..) and responding. That's not a job I'd like to do by myself and it's barely possible to do it if you're alone.

I do wish for a little more official info on some things nonetheless.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:09 AM, DJRone89 said:

“Fix the game”

“Stop updating all the time”

“Updates schedules are stupid and affect me personally but people are arrogant if those same issues don’t affect them personally”

Very telling you don't comment on the first part lol.   Yeah you just tried to twist that into something that it's not.  I never said stop frequent updates but having one or more daily at completely random and sometimes peak times is ridiculous.  Something other game developers acknowledge and schedule around.    I don't know if you know this or not but when you put quotes around something it's supposed to be verbatim.  You can't just make up your own quote and attribute it to another.  That's a pretty cheap and lame attempt at skewing one's argument.   Completely obvious to anyone who reads.    So would you like to try this again?

Archived