Devs inactivity

RaiderofthelostARK

The lag and disconnects aren't even getting better for me it's gotten a lot worse with the last two patches.   I used to be able to use a bed to fast travel without being disconnected.  Not anymore.    I can't log on and just sit there for a minute without moving because I still get disconnected.  Sometimes it'll be minutes later and just booted off again.   God forbid me and another player try to log on at the same time.  Everyone one the server gets a 20-30 second lag and all players trying to log on get disconnected.    It's trash.  I don't care about new maps or dinos if I can't even sign on and play reliably.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Working hard over the last few weeks, which is why Aberration was effectively broken and borderline unplayable for the last few weeks.

Not to be blunt or anything, but just be honest. It's the holidays. We know what you guys have been doing, and there's no shame in admitting it had nothing to do with Ark. I just question why bother releasing an expansion knowing that that would be the case. 

To compete with other games during holiday. Parents and adults more inclined to purchase dlc during holidays

3 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

To compete with other games during holiday. Parents and adults more inclined to purchase dlc during holidays

Yeah. I kinda get that, but the problem is that it gives a much wider audience exposure to the broken content the developers release to us before it's ever been tested or played before.

I simply think that they would do their own brand a lot of damage by releasing Aberration for defacto first-time playtesting to the holiday crowd. 

Unfortunately WC can afford to throw out glitched dlc at the moment with little consequences. Once a company gets big it takes a huge hit to hurt them. Now say nitrado or whatever got hit hard and servers got shut down for a week that would cripple them. But it's whatever...if a crack dealer used to have good crack and is selling low grade crack people will still use them as a hookup hoping they get good stuff again.

I don't understand what's so hard about an open player beta on upcoming patches to test and fix bugs?   I've played or at least played diablo 3 for years and it's certainly got it's issues but they have a public beta test realm that players can test out new features or changes before they are officially released.  PC players only so I don't get to enjoy that but the developer gets thousands of free beta testers and it WORKS.  Things get rebalanced and fixed in the weeks it's on the test server and then they release a mostly finished and working update.    

Just makes me think of the neutering of the griffin recently.  You had a bunch of whiny pvp'ers who complained and instead of thinking about a dino redesign stats wise you just cut hp and damage in large amounts and call it fixed.  Balanced.  Hardly.   

32 minutes ago, Steeze said:

I don't understand what's so hard about an open player beta on upcoming patches to test and fix bugs?   I've played or at least played diablo 3 for years and it's certainly got it's issues but they have a public beta test realm that players can test out new features or changes before they are officially released.  PC players only so I don't get to enjoy that but the developer gets thousands of free beta testers and it WORKS.  Things get rebalanced and fixed in the weeks it's on the test server and then they release a mostly finished and working update.    

Just makes me think of the neutering of the griffin recently.  You had a bunch of whiny pvp'ers who complained and instead of thinking about a dino redesign stats wise you just cut hp and damage in large amounts and call it fixed.  Balanced.  Hardly.   

Part of the problem is, why bother making a beta realm when you can just push the code live as soon as it compiles?

I think the biggest issue here has nothing to do with them taking a holiday and more to do with the game breaking issues that have surfaced in recent weeks and the issues that have been neglected for the past year. There's a list on reddit that covers the most dire stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/7osefx/list_of_game_breaking_highly_annoying_issues_that/

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

Part of the problem is, why bother making a beta realm when you can just push the code live as soon as it compiles?

That's certainly what it seems like they do.  Hey I did something over here guys let's do a patch and see if it breaks anything.....yep it caused more problems lol we suck.  Let's try another one. 

8 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Well in all fairness they get paid well for the hours they endure behind a keyboard. A week being standard? The multi billion dollar company I work for let's us have 1 day off during xmas. I chase shoplifters around 8 hours a day averaging 10 to 15 miles a day having 2 days off per week for going on 3 years now. And no weekends and no hoilday off except for xmas. And correct sir most of the player base don't work those types of hours...nor do most of the workforce. Customers 1st always when it comes to most companies. 

Nothing fair in your post tbh. Your multi dollar company has shifty practises. I work for a large Corp as well and they understand the value of holidays and family time.

Heck back in gaming we had this, despite project managers trying to do poop over holidays.

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Nothing fair in your post tbh. Your multi dollar company has shifty practises. I work for a large Corp as well and they understand the value of holidays and family time.

Heck back in gaming we had this, despite project managers trying to do poop over holidays.

I’m a contractor for the government and I get 10 days off for Xmas, granted 3 of those days are banked leave without choice.

I see posts like OP’s and immediately think this is their thought process “Oh you want to spend time with your family for the holidays, **** you, fix the game”.

My night on ark (console official) 

Log on and music freeze, no rendering yet still black screen, disconnect.

Second time I made it four steps before a disconnect.   

Third time I'm good! yay!

Ten minutes into meat run to fill troughs *server message* ten minutes server is going down for update    Gee that's not a common thing lately (sarcasm)

If you can't outsource server hosting better than this you deserve all the negativity.   

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Isnt that normal :D ? When were digests ever regular ? 

I remember a time when they were biweekly :) The digest thread came out the wednesday before (iirc) +/- a day and I would keep an extra eye on the forum so that I had a chance to get my question in quickly :P I really loved it, but sure it was a very small thing :$ This must've been one or two years ago. But they kept it up for quite some time before it went irregular.

11 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Maybe 3 or 4 days during xmas if even that. The other 2 weeks being lazy. More along the lines of celebrating the robbery of their customers.

I would say they should take time off! Working too hard means people get burned out and trust me - that would make things progress a lot slower than just taking a break! :) Sure, one could argue they should communicate a break in communication, but I really think that should be the discussion then - not that they're not allowed to take a break! They're not our slaves ;)

11 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Yea I praise the sweds. 4 days on and 3 days off I think.

I'm Swedish and I haven't heard about this :o

I firmly believe a lot of the issues on the forums are a "condensed" consistent version of the actual issue, for a variety of different reasons. 

I know for a fact in Eve Online the forums are the perfect place to find targets, in-game.

I see the same issues people see here. I get salty. I quickly find long term solutions to the short term problems and enjoy the consequences of trolling trolls/griefers anyway. Then I find a new server and the fun begins all over again. 

Rag is unplayable due to the lag. Aberration is unplayable due to the lag. And rollbacks. And rubberbanding. All preexisting conditions which the game has seen since inception. Complete disregard for issues that honestly limit the success of a somewhat successful title. Word of mouth is powerful and is being greatly underestimated in this case. Fix the base problems, and watch sales soar. Or leave it as it is and be ok with what feels like “great” numbers. 

7 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I agree with everyone here. Let them have their holidays. They deserve as much time off as they need. ?  but I mean.. the way people are making out their job is the hardest thing ever. There's people out there that bend over backwards doing over 14 hour hard labour shifts for a slither of their paycheck.  Just saying, don't flame me. Haha.

The biggest problem is that people don't understand how much effort, insight, knowledge and skill is required in writing good, working software code.
It might look as if a developer writes a bunch of text files, but the ability to turn a concept into source code and then have it compile into a program that actually does what you intended is one of the most challenging things the human brain can do.

Writing code is easy.
Writing code that actually works and does what is intended is hard.

46 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Writing code is easy.

It once took me a week to realise that there was nothing wrong with the code I had written up for some statistical analysis I was conducting in a stats package. I just didnt have the console display box big enough to display the output properly... ddooohhh. Thank goodness i dont code for a living.

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

Building a car that actually works and does what is intended is also hard.

So you accept, if a car dealer sells you a Car, with 50% of its Features not working due to Bugs or bad processing, if he tells you, if you want it working properly, build your own car?

Such retarded arguments are really annoying.

5 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

Building a car that actually works and does what is intended is also hard.

So you accept, if a car dealer sells you a Car, with 50% of its Features not working due to Bugs or bad processing, if he tells you, if you want it working properly, build your own car?

Such retarded arguments are really annoying.

You're talking about arguments?
Cause 50% of the game is actually working. If not more.

If you buy a car, and it does not drive, then yes you're entitled to a replacement.
Sadly, Ark is working, pretty good actually, so no you do not get to whine and complain

8 minutes ago, Olivar said:

You're talking about arguments?
Cause 50% of the game is actually working. If not more.

If you buy a car, and it does not drive, then yes you're entitled to a replacement.
Sadly, Ark is working, pretty good actually, so no you do not get to whine and complain

One of the biggest issues atm: Where is the response?

Another:

There are some really meanigfull Buglists here on the Forum. Many of em exist since start of ea.

Ok. many of the gamebreaking bugs, are only important for PVP-Players of a certain Level, many things do not bother PVE Players, i get it. But that does not mean they dont exist.

16 hours ago, Chris said:

Well as we've said many times, just because you don't hear anything it doesn't mean we are all sitting back and playing video games to pass our time. In fact the opposite is the case. We see exactly what is going on and are working hard on improving and fixing things, over the past few weeks we have been bringing on new talent to the studio and expanding in all areas so that we can tackle issues much easier and quicker if/when they arise.

Jat has been out for the past week due to some sickness and family things, but now that he's back and the holiday period is over I'm sure we'll be making some new articles here soon. 

I know you guys are always hard at work. I miss the days when you would let us know what you are focusing on, on the update page. Providing us with eta’s was always bad though stick with “when its ready its ready”.

Knowing you are aware of an issue reduced the amount of ppl harping on you to fix something. 

Archived