[Nitrado Server] Dusty's Badlands Ark Cluster (Max level 330, 10x Harvest, 10x Taming, 10x Difficulty, Mature/hatch x30, 200 turret limit)

Hello everyone, Dusty here presenting to you DUSTY'S BADLANDS ARK SERVER CLUSTER!

If you would like to join just search "Dusty's Badlands" in the server browser in game, or add the gamertag Dusty Okarr and I'll also invite you to the xbox club page for the server. 

These servers were created with the idea of singleplayer tribes in mind or small tribes who don't have their entire lives to play Ark. So as a result I boosted the longer processes in the game like taming and breeding so that you can have more fun but also still have a bit of work so that everything isn't totally easy.

So far this cluster consists of two crossplay enabled 50 slot servers for the maps Scorched Earth and the new map Aberration. Within the next month or so I shall be adding Ragnarok to this growing list. Ragnarok will be added on the 2nd of Feb.

Now, a few details about this server; the max level for players is 330. The last 30 levels can be obtained through the boss fights. Wild dinos also spawn with levels of 300+ as I have the difficulty set to x10. I also set the turret limit to 200 in an area instead of only 100. 

The maps are slightly boosted with a nice 10x harvest and 10x taming, nothing too insane. I've boosted egghatch/incubation/mature times by 30 as well as decreased the time it takes for cuddles and how often until dinos can mate again. 

I have boosted the individual stats of the player character, nothing OP there either unless you love to dump points into oxygen, (Maybe I'll see some nice underwater builds on Aberration and future maps as a result?) and the only stats that I have effected on dinos are their stamina, speed, and carry weight. This is to help out with travel and to work with my flyer limitations.

Now, the flyer limitations. So, I really enjoy the idea of no flyers and the style of play that Aberration has introduced, as such I am going to keep this trend across all of my servers. You can not craft or even obtain saddles for pelas, pteras, argies,lymantrias, or tapies. However, fantasy creatures, quetzals, and the tek saddle for the tapie can still be used. In order to make a Quetz saddle you need to be level 100 and spend substantial engram points for each saddle to use it (platform 70 and normal 50). If you happen to somehow obtain a saddle for a flier that I have not allowed, let me know and let me know how you obtained it so that I can patch it. It won't gain you anything to hide it because I will eventually find out and end up taking it from you and it could result in ban depending on the nature of how I found out, after a string of raids for example. 

My reasoning for keeping the ability to have wyverns, griffins, phoenixes, tek tapies, and quetzals is due to their immense difficulty in attaining them either through unlocking through a boss or through managing to attain an egg or tame a creature that is generally very difficult without the help of a bird. (As of right now Griffins and Quetzals are unavailable in my cluster due to not having a map/server that spawns them, but that will change within the next month or so or if I decide to sell them in the server/trade them.) Also, I will never allow flyers on Aberration or any dinos not found on Aberration on that map/server. 

Aside from this, the only rule I have and will maintain aside from my server settings is that there will be no PVP within zones labelled as No-PVP areas. This will more than likely be no more than one (possibly two depending on map size) per map and it will serve as a community area for chilling and safe trade between players. Engaging in acts of PVP within these areas will result in a ban, this is non-negotiable. In other words, if you want to be a raider tribe who camps the PVP safe area and picks off traders or demands items/robs them for entrance into or exit out of the town that is more than okay. The rule applies to acts committed only within the town. 

As an admin and any admins I may bring on shall play the game fairly, I will have admin command logging on to enforce this. For the first two weeks of the server being up I will have it disabled however as I will be actively testing my servers and using commands very frequently and this will more than likely cause a lot of annoyance in the chat window. Aside from this, admin powers will only be used to build community areas/maintain them and for possible use of giving out prizes or some such thing. No matter the reason, it will be announced to the server.

TL;DR, only one rule, you'll see it on the message of the day upon log in. Also, no fliers. 

Just search "Dusty's Badlands Cluster" or "Dusty" for short and you'll see them pop up. Here's to seeing you all on the Ark!

I could not find a "Darnoc1193," but I did find a Darnoc1993 and added and messaged that GT. 

Also, to any who might be reading now, I have added a max level for player characters of 330. The last 30 levels being obtainable through ascension or the Rockwell boss fight. I have also revamped the leveling/engram system. It will be very possible to learn every engram on my server and be a viable one man tribe with the settings that I have in place. 

• Spectre283 changed the title to [Nitrado Server] Dusty's Badlands Ark Cluster Max level 330 x10 Difficulty x10 Harvest x10 Tame x30 breed/hatch x200 turrets
  • Spectre283 changed the title to [Nitrado Server] Dusty's Badlands Ark Cluster (Max level 330 x10 Difficulty x10 Harvest x10 Tame x30 breed/hatch x200 turrets)
  • Spectre283 changed the title to [Nitrado Server] Dusty's Badlands Ark Cluster (Max level 330, 10x Harvest, 10x Taming, 10x Difficulty, Mature/hatch x30, 200 turret limit)

Archived