What Has This Game Become?

InnitG

On 1/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, CrackerJackx13 said:

nah its peoples ability's to not be able to agree to disagree, and take a joke, with all the generalizing(which dehumanizes and allows a atmosphere where people  treat other people less then human) and belittling people for whatever(politics, religion, etc) allows people lump a large group or small group of people as less then human, and only greaters the decay of what it means to be human on all sides...all sides do it....its really sad that groups of people for whatever reason think this behavior isnt dangerous or wrong, very evil people through history did this. sadily it shows the level of intelligence of those individuals and how weak minded they are, to not be able to look at humans as individuals. generalizing others is wrong.

Well you got part of it right, but if you can't tell the difference between comedy and character assassination then you're too far gone.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2018 at 10:13 PM, InnitG said:

So I'm decently new to Ark. I've seen a lot of it though through YouTube etc and I thought it would be great fun. So I play for a while, learn some things and start pvp. I genuinely haven't been able to get more than 6 irl hours on 1 server because I get in, set up (in a tribe with 3 friends btw) and boom, wiped within the span of 5 hours. Today we did well, full stone base, dino pen, metal tools and had about 6 hours on when boom, wiped. Level 170 trike gone, level 80 parasaur gone, 3 pteranadons gone. Have people genuinely gotten to the stage where nobodys allowed to play because I haven't been able to. Cant find a tribe to join thats not called "Tribe of Human". So someone either tell me how to play without getting wiped everytime or if you're playing on an official Island ps4 server recruit us. We actually wanna play the game and grind poop

NOt recruiting but if you msg me on psn ShadeShow I will try to help you out.

Here's the only advice you need on a new Official PVP server bro:  1) BUILD HIDDEN. Deep in forests, away from resources, remember the first base you build doesn't have to be permanent. Get your farmers, flyers, fighters and get to a better spot. Don't irrigate, keep like 20 jars and refill when it rains

2) Politics! Don't be silent in chat unless youre a pvp savage mega tribe planning a takeover. Get involved in the community. Don't be afraid to reveal and socialize with your character in the world. Just don't let anybody follow you home. Always Watch chat, figure out who's running things, who's childish, who's friendly(or maybe too friendly lol). Pm people you're trying to reach out to. Ask questions in pm. Don't be that noob going "Friendly server?, who's alpha?"  in global etc. Observe hard but dont be a lurker. People are wary of lurkers for good reason.

3) if the server is too hectic or hostile for a fresh start, bounce and try again. But many servers are mostly united against transfer raiders, and if you can show you are experienced and can pull your weight in an alliance, would be glad to expand their ranks. Many servers will wipe you for 25 thatch. Get used to fresh starts.

4) never rage in chat. Composure earns respect. Keep purlovia or hidden stash.  Make Allies but don't be too eager, get to know people first. Help out when you can but don't be a brown nose. Be ready to defend at any moment.  Plant X up day 1 boi phiomia+sti

3 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

2) Politics! Don't be silent in chat unless youre a pvp savage mega tribe planning a takeover. Get involved in the community. Don't be afraid to reveal and socialize with your character in the world. Just don't let anybody follow you home. Always Watch chat, figure out who's running things, who's childish, who's friendly(or maybe too friendly lol). Pm people you're trying to reach out to. Ask questions in pm. Don't be that noob going "Friendly server?, who's alpha?"  in global etc. Observe hard but dont be a lurker. People are wary of lurkers for good reason.

Everytime I said something in global PvP chat. The hunt for "Red October" started. Finished a week later with foundation wipe.

Just my experience. Regards, Ariana

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Everytime I said something in global PvP chat. The hunt for "Red October" started. Finished a week later with foundation wipe.

Just my experience. Regards, Ariana

That will happen, but you really shouldn't be building or taming much til you know the server isn't run by kids. Theres plenty of civil servers out there, i've had many cool, reasonable alphas. But yeah there will be kids. Raiding for loot is one thing, killing passives and wiping without reason gets you wiped on any decent server.

Archived