What Has This Game Become?

InnitG

So I'm decently new to Ark. I've seen a lot of it though through YouTube etc and I thought it would be great fun. So I play for a while, learn some things and start pvp. I genuinely haven't been able to get more than 6 irl hours on 1 server because I get in, set up (in a tribe with 3 friends btw) and boom, wiped within the span of 5 hours. Today we did well, full stone base, dino pen, metal tools and had about 6 hours on when boom, wiped. Level 170 trike gone, level 80 parasaur gone, 3 pteranadons gone. Have people genuinely gotten to the stage where nobodys allowed to play because I haven't been able to. Cant find a tribe to join thats not called "Tribe of Human". So someone either tell me how to play without getting wiped everytime or if you're playing on an official Island ps4 server recruit us. We actually wanna play the game and grind poop

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I don't see how wiping someone in a stone hut for no reason is called survival. What exactly is one surviving from, their own paranoia? Lol

I'd suggest playing on a private server or have a look around for open servers hosted by a reputable community that tries to limit the asshole behavior.

7 hours ago, InnitG said:

So I'm decently new to Ark. I've seen a lot of it though through YouTube etc and I thought it would be great fun. So I play for a while, learn some things and start pvp. I genuinely haven't been able to get more than 6 irl hours on 1 server because I get in, set up (in a tribe with 3 friends btw) and boom, wiped within the span of 5 hours. Today we did well, full stone base, dino pen, metal tools and had about 6 hours on when boom, wiped. Level 170 trike gone, level 80 parasaur gone, 3 pteranadons gone. Have people genuinely gotten to the stage where nobodys allowed to play because I haven't been able to. Cant find a tribe to join thats not called "Tribe of Human". So someone either tell me how to play without getting wiped everytime or if you're playing on an official Island ps4 server recruit us. We actually wanna play the game and grind poop

I think the game need more servers. Its the difference that i can see between legacy and now.

Guest DJRone89
41 minutes ago, BloodyHarvest said:

I'd suggest playing on a private server or have a look around for open servers hosted by a reputable community that tries to limit the asshole behavior.

So if someone plays a different way from you it’s considered bad?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

I don't see how wiping someone in a stone hut for no reason is called survival. What exactly is one surviving from, their own paranoia? Lol

How is it not survival? Stop trying to use morals when arguing PvP tactics.

Guest DJRone89
41 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Better be safe than sorry. Today you are in a stone hut, tomorrow - a FoB for an invading force.

Why don’t people understand this?

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

So if someone plays a different way from you it’s considered bad?

People can play exactly how they want for all I care, I don't see what your comment is even about. OP was complaining about being raided so if he doesnt want that my solution was a private server or a community server that limits asshole behavior, what is your point exactly? Please don't comment out of your ass with no value towards what is said.

After countless hours of griefing and offline raids players became paranoid and they don't trust anyone. You could be even raided by someone else from different server, it doesn't need to be tribe, which is located on your server.

1. The biggest problem is that raiding and griefing is very easy.

2. Low amount of servers, so small tribes don't have so many opportunities.

Developers would be able to do some adjustments, but everytime we want to change for better PvP, PvE folks show up and they don't want it, because they want to run as flash to be faster than any dino on map. :))

Guest DJRone89
50 minutes ago, BloodyHarvest said:

People can play exactly how they want for all I care, I don't see what your comment is even about. OP was complaining about being raided so if he doesnt want that my solution was a private server or a community server that limits asshole behavior, what is your point exactly? Please don't comment out of your ass with no value towards what is said.

You consider PvP as asshole behaviour meaning annyone who plays differently from you is considered bad. Pretty simply stuff.

I fully understand where you’re coming from. You might need to just look for a server like ours. Join random servers and try to get ahold of people and talk about how the server operates.

Our server, we allow everyone to build up and we help them as well. We make sure there’s no PvP so that the server continues to grow. Although, if someone messes up, the server comes together and wipes them.

And yes people, this is an Official. Quit getting your panties in a wad and let people play. You’d be surprised what a server full of built up tribes can do in a server defense.

People don't even trust their own tribe.

Real life friends insiding their own tribes. Marriages dissolving over petty ark arguments. Doxxing and hacking of other players. Sexism and racism throughout the chats. Egomaniacs and psychopaths in every direction looking to grief and troll you. People that will cage you for weeks just for the laughs. 

The ark is a wasteland where people are stripped to their core; back to their primitive reptilian brains. They get locked into survival mode. The fear keeps us alive.

But when the lines between reality and fiction are blurred , people can become monsters.

Fortunately though, not everyone is like this and some people just enjoy playing the game. For others, it can be hard to break from the second reality of ark.

When you spend thousands of hours in the virtual world of ark it tends to take a hold on you , whether you like it or not sometimes. As someone who's played this game for thousands of hours; don't let this game bleed into your real life. And to my point; there will always be people like this. It's human nature applied to 3D pixels.  

Guest DJRone89
18 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Where's the survival? "Oh no there's a stone hut! I must destroy it to survive!" ? Nah, that's just little kids preventing people from enjoying pvp with the likes of others. Oh well, at least it's not me wasting my life playing it to be wiped by the time i next log on.  :)

Anyone who is not an ally, is an enemy. Just because you left a tribe alone, doesn’t mean that same tribe won’t come back and attack you later.

This isn’t a game of hand holds, you can’t ally with everyone and why would you want to?

You need to understand the survival aspect of PvP before you comment on it as a PvE player.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, ArkRage said:

You need to stop assuming things. I've played pvp- wasn't for me. I was simply pointing out to the op the state of the pvp community. Truth hurts, I know.

Probably your failing to understand the survival aspect of PvP helped determine that decision. “Why is this person attacking me for no reason” - because PvP bruh.

Guest DJRone89
25 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Yet another assumption from you. ? No not at all. My boyfriend was sick of playing groundhog day everyday because he works and couldn't be arsed with it so we switched to pve.

Your comments prove otherwise

Take it from someone who has been to the top and stayed there for quite some time in ark official pvp, you aren't missing anything if you go to dedicated. Small tribes and some big tribes rarely survive on that game mode. There is always someone wiping someone else because pvp of course. But, there is also a massive amount of paranoia and boredom that plays huge roles in keeping the death toll high as well. Unless you have no job and life, or are in a decent sized tribe that can cover huge portions of the day with someone being online I'd highly suggest you learn the game on a dedicated server that isn't 1000000x boosted first. If you try to stick it out on official in a small tribe you usually have 1 or 2 options which are: join a larger tribe or hide. If you don't do one of those, someone will find your base and you will be wiped careless if you did anything or not. I could explain all day the reasons for people doing this, but in the end it doesn't matter if you get an explanation when all of your stuff is dead either way. Start out slow on this game because there is a lot more to it than it looks, and the last thing you want to do is waste huge amounts of time for nothing because you can't build up more than a days worth of work at a time before being killed. 

I just started playing and read PVE for sure would be nice to play some PVP but it is true there is no etiquette for some players. they have a small mind set. You would think it be fun to at least have little mountain dwellers just making it by hanging around. like population instead it turns out to be red vs blue. :(

Archived