What is the point?

Bigphule

What is the point of releasing new content when the dev's don't work on the content they already have put out.  The crashes are getting inpressively worse, and it isn't just me.  It is people all over.  

The game stability sucks.  You transfer using the beds, and crash.  You log in and move too soon... crash.  You just log in... crash.  You transfer servers... crash.  You fight too many things at once... crash.  This is just not acceptable for a market ready game.  This is barely acceptable for a beta game!  

Please work on your core game before you try releasing any more content.

They definitely should slow down and fix some of the problems with the base game.

I don't think the company is a large studio. They are probably stretching themselves thin with this game. I have some experience in game development and I am astonished by the scope and scale. They seem to be a young company started in 2014.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:03 PM, Bigphule said:

What is the point of releasing new content when the dev's don't work on the content they already have put out.  The crashes are getting inpressively worse, and it isn't just me.  It is people all over.  

The game stability sucks.  You transfer using the beds, and crash.  You log in and move too soon... crash.  You just log in... crash.  You transfer servers... crash.  You fight too many things at once... crash.  This is just not acceptable for a market ready game.  This is barely acceptable for a beta game!  

Please work on your core game before you try releasing any more content.

It's the most ridiculous bit of planning I've seen from a game developer.   I know other studios have tried the content method to mask all the bugs and flaws with a game but Wildcard has just taken that to the next level.   On top of that the DLC and stuff they add doesn't even distract from the bugs it just creates more.   I played roughly 2 hours yesterday.  9 times I was disconnected.   That's something I would be ashamed of if I was working for wildcard.  Maybe I'm just an old throw back who still takes pride in their work.   I would not be ok releasing this garbage and calling it a finished game. 

1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

my computer's a potato and I don't even know the last time I crashed

i have to agree with you, i play mostly on Ragnarok (a unfinished map!) and get very few crashes. Maybe once or twice a week and i play a decent amount each day...

To be fair i can only talk about Rag. and not about Aberration where many people seems to have problems with...

What else we need to keep in mind is that devs and sales manager are different persons. 

Everyone who posts in here isn't on PC.  I mean that's great if all of you on PC are having zero issues but those of us on Xbox One on official servers have constant problems.    So if you play unofficial PC servers or solo I'm sure you're just playing along dandy but the issues with console official servers have been ongoing and getting worse.   

Also before anyone has any genius solutions I have fiber optic internet and I've never had a connection issue with any online Xbox game.  Not a single one.  Perhaps outsourcing your official servers to a company that overloads each server is a bad idea.  Maybe.   

Edit:  This is the island map.   The original map and something that should be a polished product long before X amount of dlc maps.   I tried abberation on launch day and it was completely broken so I haven't been back.  Seems like it's still pretty broken too. 

Guest DJRone89

People always seem to get confused when talking about this game. The game is fine, it’s the state of official servers (a free service) which is the problem.

Not the greatest logical thinking when suggesting they “fix the game” before releasing content. It’s a business remember? Most of their playerbase likely purchased the game in early access at a cheaper price before retail. They need to make money to reinvest it back into the game etc.

We just had to get a giga out of being stuck in the map on our unofficial server using ghost command.

I have not bought aberration and will not buy any further DLC while the original map and content remains so buggy.

This is the second giga this has happened to for us, with the first happening on official a couple months back. The first one which was 100% imprinted died upon a server restart many days before wc bothered to answer our ticket.

we can only be thankful that we now play unofficial and can resolve such bugs ourselves rather than waiting on the near non-existent support wc provide.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

People always seem to get confused when talking about this game. The game is fine, it’s the state of official servers (a free service) which is the problem.

Not the greatest logical thinking when suggesting they “fix the game” before releasing content. It’s a business remember? Most of their playerbase likely purchased the game in early access at a cheaper price before retail. They need to make money to reinvest it back into the game etc.

The game is fine?  By who's standards?  Your's?   I gotta say you got low ones.   Connection to official servers is NOT the only issue it's just the only one that I choose to focus on because I can't even play a buggy game if I can't stay connected.     The other glitches and stuff that should've been fixed long ago is not even a concern for me.  I'm only choosing to hammer at this issue because it is their job to fix it.   If you outsource your online hosting you're still responsible for providing a good server host.   If the one you pay to host your official servers is this bad you shop around and pay for something better because if you don't you will keep losing players and money.  It's really that simple.   Please miss me with that garbage about them providing official servers for free.  Every decent game in this era provides multiplayer and if you really think they are just doing it as a favor then they should be marketing it as a solo game not a game to play online with your friends.     I saw a post on this forum a few weeks back and it was perfect.  It was something about there are two players of this game.  Those that love it and will do and say anything to defend Wildcard because they just can't stand to hear criticism of their beloved game.  Then there are those who also love the game and because of that they would like to see some real improvements made beyond new maps and dino models.  All that fancy artwork is lost when you can't stay connected to a buggy and laggy game. 

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Steeze said:

The game is fine?  By who's standards?  Your's?   I gotta say you got low ones.   Connection to official servers is NOT the only issue it's just the only one that I choose to focus on because I can't even play a buggy game if I can't stay connected.     The other glitches and stuff that should've been fixed long ago is not even a concern for me.  I'm only choosing to hammer at this issue because it is their job to fix it.   If you outsource your online hosting you're still responsible for providing a good server host.   If the one you pay to host your official servers is this bad you shop around and pay for something better because if you don't you will keep losing players and money.  It's really that simple.   Please miss me with that garbage about them providing official servers for free.  Every decent game in this era provides multiplayer and if you really think they are just doing it as a favor then they should be marketing it as a solo game not a game to play online with your friends.     I saw a post on this forum a few weeks back and it was perfect.  It was something about there are two players of this game.  Those that love it and will do and say anything to defend Wildcard because they just can't stand to hear criticism of their beloved game.  Then there are those who also love the game and because of that they would like to see some real improvements made beyond new maps and dino models.  All that fancy artwork is lost when you can't stay connected to a buggy and laggy game. 

News flash, not everyone plays official. Me and a larger portion of the playerbase though we all experience the same core issues with the game, but what happens on officials, is secluded to officials.

People need to stop referring to the whole game and it’s playerbase when the say the game is broken. Make it abundantly clear you are talking about the state of officials, because like I have stated, not everyone plays them.

Nice assumptions there by the way. I have strong issues with this game too but I guess it’s easier to label someone than understand their point. Ignorance springs to mind.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

News flash, not everyone plays official. Me and a larger portion of the playerbase though we all experience the same core issues with the game, what happens on officials, is secluded to officials.

People need to stop referring to the whole game and it’s playerbase when the say the game is broken. Make it abundantly clear you are talking about the state of officials, because like I have stated, not everyone plays them.

Nice assumptions there by the way. I have strong issues with this game too but I guess it’s easier to label someone than understand their point. Ignorance springs to mind.

lol my man did you even read the thread?   Have you not seen in every instance I make it a point to explain I'm on an xbox one official server?   Do yourself a big favor and read before you come at me saying I'm making assumptions lol.  I'm the one who pointed out originally not everyone is on PC......so what's your point?  The game can be broken for some but not others so it's fine?   Just read and try again with your comment because as is it's ridiculous.    Calling me ignorant and saying I'm assuming you all play official lol seriously bud you missed that mark so hard. 

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Steeze said:

lol my man did you even read the thread?   Have you not seen in every instance I make it a point to explain I'm on an xbox one official server?   Do yourself a big favor and read before you come at me saying I'm making assumptions lol.  I'm the one who pointed out originally not everyone is on PC......so what's your point?  The game can be broken for some but not others so it's fine?   Just read and try again with your comment because as is it's ridiculous.    Calling me ignorant and saying I'm assuming you all play official lol seriously bud you missed that mark so hard. 

Lol did you even post the thread? You replied to my comment first and are now telling me I’m the one making assumptions?

I was simply pointing out the game IS fine and that people need to stop assuming everyone plays official when it’s the state of the servers that’s causing those issues.

But please go on...

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Lol did you even post the thread? You replied to my comment first and are now telling me I’m the one making assumptions?

I was simply pointing out the game IS fine and that people need to stop assuming everyone plays official when it’s the state of the servers that’s causing those issues.

But please go on...

lol you're wasted huh?   You do know how forums work right?  Someone can make a topic and then others can comment and then people can comment on your comments.  You responding to me that I was assuming everyone was on an official server and I said uh no you should read the thread (because I had already done what you asked) and called me ignorant for.     I said official server.  Does it even matter?  It's "official"  I would think that would mean it's supported by the official game developer whereas "unofficial" is just that.  You get what you get.    Yet every time this gets brought up there you are telling people that so many of you play unofficial.  Congrats.  Some of us want to play an official server that works.  If you don't care about that then you don't have to participate. 

7 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

But please go on...

and you tell me smarty pants who's responsibility does it fall on to fix the issues with the servers?  Nitrado?  That's an outsource.  They're replaceable and should've been long ago. 

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Steeze said:

and you tell me smarty pants who's responsibility does it fall on to fix the issues with the servers?  Nitrado?  That's an outsource.  They're replaceable and should've been long ago. 

Nitrado’s support manager Andre, has stated that its down to Wildcard on how they run the servers. Once they lease them the hardware, everything is out of Nitrado’s control. But please go on...

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Sure. Makes sense. But then they made the season pass (se, abberation and the next dlc) only € 13,-. Why would they do that if they need the money?

3 minutes ago, Critter said:

im under the assumption it's all maps at the moment. The Center is buggy as all hell. I stopped playing Abb because I missed flyers, and although I'd occasionally crash, the last 2-3 days on Center I've been crashing NON stop. My computer is also FAR from a potato so it's not me. 

Nope. it's not you.

Yesterday I was flying over a base of a player who quit (no time, family). It was demolishing while I flew over (saw it going down). I crashed and then the server lagged a good 10min. I wasn't able to log in during that time (people connected experienced a LOT of lag).

This is on the Island btw. Doesn't seem that the map matters.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

Sure. Makes sense. But then they made the season pass (se, abberation and the next dlc) only € 13,-. Why would they do that if they need the money?

To increase sales.

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Atlantis said:

Doesn't get them more money. Make the game 5,- and season pass full price. That'd work. I guess.

Sure it does. If you sell something for £20 but have it on sale for £10, which do you think will sell more? 3 people buying it for £10 is better than 1 person buying it for £20 and another person debating it.

To add to this as someone who bought at official release at full price : 

This game is too expensive, it is off putting to potential buyers. I only bought ark at £50 because I had a friend who raved about it and A gift of £50 PS Wallet at the time.

When trying to convince other friends to join they would not even try it due to the price, until the current sale where they got it for £30. 

For Abberation, I would not have bought it, nor my vet. friend had it not been so cheap.

This is just anecdotal of course, but I think it' probably representative of most new players debating buying the game.

In my opinion, this game- as much as I like it - is not a AAA quality game, it should not have a AAA quality price tag. 

£30 is a more reasonable amount for them to charge, and would probably lead to more sales in the long run.

• GP locked this topic

Archived