Jungle Cave, best way to deal with Onyc?

DEL707

We tried the jungle cave earlier today in an attempt to get the artifact, but failed once we got to the hub area near the end. We were crossing a bridge and all of a sudden we got swarmed. We took in some blue assault rifles, but they just weren't enough for the job, they took us down too quickly.

I'm determined to get the artifact, it's the last 1 we need to summon the boss. I've tried running in, grappling hook + parachute, which worked pretty damn well, managed to get the artifact, but it was so dark in the room I couldn't see the way out. Long story short, the lava claimed me.

I'm planning on gearing up to go back in, skipping as much crap as possible with the grappling hook, but I'm wondering what the best weapon to use against the Onyc are. It worth taking a sniper rifle and trying to pick them off, or try to bypass them and take a shotgun if things go bad?

Light wise, how does the mining helmet hold up in the cave? I quickly tried night vision googles and they proved worthless.

On my server some wild creatures such as Onycs, Electric Eels (for example) are greatly nerfed and take more damage, because I find them way too tanky.

Like a level 90 bat survives a point blank hit with a mastercraft 230% damage shotgun (point blank being no pellets missing the target!).
For such a small creature that can even infect players with mega rabies, they take way too many hits.

I'd say, get a longneck, pick all creatures from a distance and call it a day.
Keep grappling hooks always on yer hotbar.

Last time I attempted the Lava Golem I tried killing some Onyc. Must have been no more than 3-4.

I shot at them from afar, then with a shotgun up close. No chance. One of them was lvl 270 and it just tanked all of my shots, killing me in the end.

I need to get in there for better shotguns which kind of makes this tough solo xD

If they aren´t in the way I usually just grapple over Onyc.

Thinking about bringing a sniper rifle so I can kill at least 1 on the way to me

On 7.1.2018 at 3:30 PM, BloomisBoss said:

The way we roll through the cave is with shotguns and one flamethrower. Works like a charm. Also, use bug repellent and you’ll love it.

Oh yeah a flamethrower isn't so bad actually against those flying pests.
On my Ragnarok New Dungeon Walkthrough on YouTube I used one against a bat trap.

Archived