Aberration favorite/least favorite creature

Anubis7

I'll have to say the Karkinos is a real game changer with it's leap ability. i am sure many will say rock drake but they are kind of like infiltration/exfiltration mounts.  Being able to hop back to your base carrying several tens of thousand weight of materials on a mount that most creatures ignore, all while not having put a single point into weight is kind of awesome

I tell you my fav when I get a drake, basilisk and reaper (if). 

But I think I can already say that of the new creatures the roll rat is my least fav. Not that I hate it but its turning radius is too big and its hitbox too small. Also the saddle durability is a joke when you roll. Not fun to collect wood with it. I miss the beaver.

Most liked --> Karkinos - most epic. Few Aberrant dinos have a place/purpose outside of the aberration map. This one does.

Least liked --> Rock Drake - super weak (stats dumbed down dramatically from the wyverns they emulate - can't fly, 30pts less damage base damage etc. etc.) the climb mechanics encourage nausea and epileptic spasms (which is also what it tends to look like). It's only decent use is as a travel mount and the twitchy glide/climb mechanics take much away from that. Not to mention how annoying the sound of a passing drake is....any drake travel in render of you causes a wind tunnel fan to blow in your ear.

while the unique creatures are all really cool and though it's just a variant, the aberrant megalosaurus is one hell of a hard hitter, can carry smaller dinos much more reliably than a crab(it seems to hold things a bit too low imo) perfect for carrying a sheep to a tame or a new light pet you just found :D and with the sleep thing it may as well be a completely new species of dino :P

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Kraken said:

Yeah, I do absolutely love being able to use Megalos all the time, compact, quick, turn on a dime, pick things up, hit like a truck, and lovely and quiet. No huge stompy footsteps. Just wish I could find more good ones XD.

Yeah....the Megalos are very nice.  Got 4 140+ tames(two in Christmas colors, which actually look pretty good on them) in a nice little pack of destruction.  I have one follow my ride, and the last two follow the one following my ride.  Then I just whistle for what I want dead and watch the fun begin.

I like the Drake, which is still the fastest way around the map, but the crab has been very useful for harvesting fiber, rare flowers, and stone, plus a little wood and thatch, thanks to being able to carry mate boosted Moschops or Doeds.

10 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

I like the Drake, which is still the fastest way around the map, but the crab has been very useful for harvesting fiber, rare flowers, and stone, plus a little wood and thatch, thanks to being able to carry mate boosted Moschops or Doeds.

Stone farming with the crab and Doeds is just insane. I tamed a 150 crab who had 31 points into weight pretame, after a bit of levelling he's up to 8k weight and I'm now working on speed, he holds a pair of mate boosted Doeds each with 2.5-3k weight, a brief stroll pretty much anywhere in the Biolum and I've got more stone than I could possibly use! 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Stone farming with the crab and Doeds is just insane. I tamed a 150 crab who had 31 points into weight pretame, after a bit of levelling he's up to 8k weight and I'm now working on speed, he holds a pair of mate boosted Doeds each with 2.5-3k weight, a brief stroll pretty much anywhere in the Biolum and I've got more stone than I could possibly use! 

That is some serious stone harvesting there!

Forgot to add, my least favorite:  The Nameless.   Where there is one, there is more, and you got to deal with them before you can do something else, unless you heading up and out.  Hate those things.

8 hours ago, Anubis7 said:

The crab is only creature that nobody has anything bad to say about.

Sometimes things (ravagers for example) run under the crab and get it in fall animation which makes it defenseless. Very dangerous situation. Sometimes I have to dismount so the crab can move again. That's why I don't take crabs into the trench. It tends to get in fall animation quick. There you have something bad about it.

My fav is basilisk. Quite fast, Fantastic weight, projectiles and can escape sticky situations easily.

worst is roll rat. Expensive saddle and gotta repair it. It’s turning circle is horrendous, borderline unusable. It’s attack has to be spot on to hit, this coupled with its turning makes it pretty rubbish imho.

Archived