Aberration Exploits and Problems

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So Aberration has been out for about two months and it has been perhaps the best design map made by Ark so far. IT has beautiful biomes, the dangers are always there, and many places to build around its nature. Hard to complain about the map it self...BUT...and there is always the BUT with ark sadly. The map has a few areas which the map makers clearly didn't finish...still places that can be access to enter underground and glitch your  way up...or worst...if you are fighting close to that area you can get your drake stuck since they have a passive climb feature when they land...which is always going to "climb mode" by landing near rocks or walls. Best example of the unfinished product is the purple area by 40 40. There is literally a 3 by 3 foundation hole people can enter under and glitch up or get stuck...or leave dinos there to cause problems. I mean, lets talk about the fact that if you fight the REaper Queen there is a 10% chance of being pushed underworld and losing your drake... has happen to my tribe many times and had a friend that lost one like that.

The thing that i find worst...or at least bothers me the most...it the Reaper king...which...by nature should be stronger at least far better than a Megalo...but since light plays a big factor in the debuff....kinna makes it useless...other than just looking cool jumping high with the reaper...i mean, when a reaper can be taken easily out with a megalo...what is the point on taming one? takes 30 minutes or an hours to tame a megalo that is a lot better than a 230 reaper...which takes 12 hours to get the baby 75+ levels, another 4 to 5 days of raising...and...is not even the most dangerous dino/beast on aberration....see the problem?

Then again, is a beautiful map, it has the necessary things to make ark great again, but it has many technical issues. It like they forget that the things that matter the most are the little things... not the shinny ones.

the issues are not small bugs, they are huge game breaking over sights.   my tribe has straight up stopped taming basilisks because we have lost 3 to just falling through the map to just die. then every tribe knowning when one of these bugs happen you can roll the server back 30 mins with plant z, has created a joke.  the majority of my tribe has stopped playing due to these bugs.  the momentum that you had with the release is gone and all that the casual players will remember are the bugs while they go play fortnite.  

7 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

The map has been out for 3 weeks it was released dec 12th.  Not to mention 2 weeks of this Was holiday break for the developers. I'd expect they are working on fixes as we speak.

Didn't you know there are 3 kinds of people in this world... Those that can Math and those that can't.

In all fairness, the map does still need a lot of work, but so does ARK... Personally I think they should fix more critical issues like the Unlimited farming of the Overseer, Broken Spawn Zones & Ascension not applying, before worrying about Aberration's small issues. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, HalfSlabBacon said:

Didn't you know there are 3 kinds of people in this world... Those that can Math and those that can't.

In all fairness, the map does still need a lot of work, but so does ARK... Personally I think they should fix more critical issues like the Unlimited farming of the Overseer, Broken Spawn Zones & Ascension not applying, before worrying about Aberration's small issues. 

Lol. I'm not going to get into bug issues As there are a bunch. I just find it hilarious when people add a whole month to something when it hasn't even been a month. Thats my only issue with this thread. 

Guest chancho33015

i think in all fairness, this map came out on official release 1 month ago...and previously was allowed to be played by people already before....question is...why are there still so many issues. And yes, about a month has passed...i mean, technically for us...but it has been played by people for more than 2 months...still, why are there still many bugs and issues in a "complete DLC"? I mean, this wasnt sold like...."ALpha" or "beta"... and is not like these issues are ...small.... 

5 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

i think in all fairness, this map came out on official release 1 month ago...and previously was allowed to be played by people already before....question is...why are there still so many issues. And yes, about a month has passed...i mean, technically for us...but it has been played by people for more than 2 months...still, why are there still many bugs and issues in a "complete DLC"? I mean, this wasnt sold like...."ALpha" or "beta"... and is not like these issues are ...small.... 

Ummm... I'm guessing you're new to ARK so I'll give you a Pro Tip. Don't ever expect bugs or issues to be fixed by Wild Card, then 1.5 years later when they actually do fix it you'll be pleasantly surprised.;) 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

So you are assuming they had a group of testers with no actual proof? How do you know it wasn't just done internally with the developers? Also how do you think you can just add on months when it was in testing  or not. A release date for all players was dec 12. But if you want to keep trying to say it was a month when it hasn't I will just keep laughing at your logic. 

Guest chancho33015

So the "month" it was supposed to actually be out...they released it to the "Famous" youtube players...right? then on December it was released to the general population... correct?

Still, Kibbles not working (like featherlight), Unbalanced Reaper, Loopholes on trading Reapers, whole 3x3 holes in the map, Drake Glitches, Basiliks glitches, and...AND...many more people have found.

So, yes, i am saying whoever is their "Testers" are not doing a good job...

And if this logic is too complicated to understand...well, that might be the reason ark has many issues. They don't have hard critics within the Ark Development team to stop these BIG mistakes from happening. I think...for a finished product...is still very unfinished. But, I do have to say, " i love this game". However, that doesnt change the fact that they need better "Testers" and maybe people being tougher within to stop these many mistakes from happening. Every DLC comes with more than just a few mistakes....THAT IS THE TRUTH. Thumbs up for this if I am correct! :P 

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

So the "month" it was supposed to actually be out...they released it to the "Famous" youtube players...right? then on December it was released to the general population... correct?

Still, Kibbles not working (like featherlight), Unbalanced Reaper, Loopholes on trading Reapers, whole 3x3 holes in the map, Drake Glitches, Basiliks glitches, and...AND...many more people have found.

So, yes, i am saying whoever is their "Testers" are not doing a good job...

And if this logic is too complicated to understand...well, that might be the reason ark has many issues. They don't have hard critics within the Ark Development team to stop these BIG mistakes from happening. I think...for a finished product...is still very unfinished. But, I do have to say, " i love this game". However, that doesnt change the fact that they need better "Testers" and maybe people being tougher within to stop these many mistakes from happening. Every DLC comes with more than just a few mistakes....THAT IS THE TRUTH. Thumbs up for this if I am correct! :P 

Lol you mean the tiny test area that wasn't complete at twitchcon? Are you serious with game walls everywhere. Do you not know what a demo area is?  They didn't even have the engrams in the game yet. Just some equipment for the streamers to use.  You go by the release date not a tester date not a demo date. By your logic monster hunter world is already out due to the PS4 beta. A tiny portion of the game was playable. I'm not the one saying it's almost 2 month since it has been released. You do realize I'm arguing the date with you. Because that was the release date. Even if it had a public open or closed beta to that session or testing it still doesn't constitute a release date until it's released to the full public. But by all means continue. 

Guest chancho33015

Well, a few restricted areas on twitchcon...yah, saw the live stream...not much missed. purple area...and outside...sure. I guess if you want to go by technicalities...you are "right". I mean, 2 months of most of the content being shown...and played...well...isnt that true?  Also, lets not forget the live stream didnt answer many mistakes people were asking live lol but yah, lets ignore that :P also, now is not beta anymore, or even alpha, full release...full DLC, and is still...FULL of Bugs and glitches....care to explain that? 

I guess my logic constitutes in asking and getting answers...we got the answers...we are playing it...now...have 6k hours on this game...you can check my steam lol

but, i guess your answers are more base..on a "that is all you can really say or have permission to answer...which is fine. That is your job. But at least have the decency on telling the truth. 

I mean, is not like we understand that they are paying 2k dollars to beat the boss in HARD...with an incomplete DLC lol that just shows how ridiculous ark technical issues are lol

cant imprint on official aberration properly, reapers are not the best dino on the map(not properly balanced...less powerful than the megalo with debuff.), and lets not forget pvp hole issues to glitches on the map....

If you can explain how is it that an official DLC from an Official Released game...has all these technical issues...you are good my friend :P 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, chancho33015 said:

Well, a few restricted areas on twitchcon...yah, saw the live stream...not much missed. purple area...and outside...sure. I guess if you want to go by technicalities...you are "right". I mean, 2 months of most of the content being shown...and played...well...isnt that true?  Also, lets not forget the live stream didnt answer many mistakes people were asking live lol but yah, lets ignore that :P also, now is not beta anymore, or even alpha, full release...full DLC, and is still...FULL of Bugs and glitches....care to explain that? 

I guess my logic constitutes in asking and getting answers...we got the answers...we are playing it...now...have 6k hours on this game...you can check my steam lol

but, i guess your answers are more base..on a "that is all you can really say or have permission to answer...which is fine. That is your job. But at least have the decency on telling the truth. 

I mean, is not like we understand that they are paying 2k dollars to beat the boss in HARD...with an incomplete DLC lol that just shows how ridiculous ark technical issues are lol

cant imprint on official aberration properly, reapers are not the best dino on the map(not properly balanced...less powerful than the megalo with debuff.), and lets not forget pvp hole issues to glitches on the map....

If you can explain how is it that an official DLC from an Official Released game...has all these technical issues...you are good my friend :P 

Like I said before in one of my first posts I'm not discussing bugs or dlc issues. As it's pretty clear that a test team for any company will never catch all the issues or problems that a release to hundreds of thousands of users can find. I'm specifically talking about you adding a month to a dlc when it's not correct. 

15 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Buggy and glitchy releases are becoming a standard across the gaming industry. And its only going to get worse as titles get bigger with more features, exploration etc.

Most of their testing during beta was dont by players, we proved we are remarkably good at breaking the game and finsing exploits, this is why they wanted the players to test the boss, and the first method found, happens to exploit an unforseen use of a game mechanic, Money well spent, and much cheaper than paying game testers.

Reapers get such a bad vibe, i OWN tamed megalos, just learn to use them properly. 

Holes in the map, Welcome to Ark.

Released - 6 January, 2018

• Aberration: Fixed Battery recharging rate inaccuracy on Power Nodes
  • Aberration: Surface Hyper Power Nodes now recharge 2x speed (for 2x Element Crafting rate)
  • Aberration: Crafting an Element now gives you THREE Element items
  • Aberration: Endboss projectiles now target invisible rockdrakes
  • Aberration: Camera Shake slider now scales down the earthquake shakes (except when rock-climbing where it's critical to avoid falling!)
  • Fixed several cases where you could get through the world geometry
  • Massively improved Tamed Reaper stats
  • Fixed Aberration Kibble craftings
  • Aberrant Baryonyx now yields correct Aberrant egg

Literally all the things you complained about are the patch this morning

Guest chancho33015
Buggy and glitchy releases are becoming a standard across the gaming industry. And its only going to get worse as titles get bigger with more features, exploration etc.
Most of their testing during beta was dont by players, we proved we are remarkably good at breaking the game and finsing exploits, this is why they wanted the players to test the boss, and the first method found, happens to exploit an unforseen use of a game mechanic, Money well spent, and much cheaper than paying game testers.
Reapers get such a bad vibe, i OWN tamed megalos, just learn to use them properly. 
Holes in the map, Welcome to Ark.
Yah, there are a lot of development gaming companies that are now selling their game in "alpha" just so that they can sell an unfinished product. It is a miracle and also well diserve love for ark that got this far. HOWEVER, if player just keep shut and don't say anything they will keep selling unfinished product. And I am not talking about one or two glitches or errors...I am taking about massive issues such as corrupting the game to take advantage like duplicating or learning how to crash entire servers. I mean...it has been 2 years...and people keep finding more ways to do it. Like.. DILO. Lol how many errors on programing are there?!

But, people keep defending ark....cause it is a great game...let's not get confused by my hard critic. It is a great game. But it is also an unbelievable glitchy/error packed/unfinished product.

I mean, late releases, lots of programming errors, and unfinished DLC being sold(before and after official release ).

I think...if we all keep quiet. Then next DLC will have the same problems as scorch earth and aberrations.
Which are: unbalance from the start, unfinished kibble, map glitches, server crashing(done ingame), and performance issues.

And this is after their "game tester try it"...think abkut that...

Guest chancho33015
Ummm... I'm guessing you're new to ARK so I'll give you a Pro Tip. Don't ever expect bugs or issues to be fixed by Wild Card, then 1.5 years later when they actually do fix it you'll be pleasantly surprised.[emoji6] 
I mean...6k hours in the game...I guess I am a total noob [emoji13]

Guest chancho33015

they listen lol good :P proud of them lol dam, took me being a mean person(i mean, mean like...just argumentative i guess lol)...but totally worked lol

Archived