Event this Weekend?

Spaxx

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

Game was fine with half the current gathering rates and taming times for about a year, now players got spoiled to the point they demand "events" from devs every week...

lol let me guess you are one of those players in a mega tribe or pve server who has not even a remote idea of how difficult this game is for a solo player who actively tries to pvp.

as someone who works full time and tried to lead a balanced life this game is absolutely not playable on 1x gathering, and i dont want to have to play unoficial, why cant the developers themselves understand the needs

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entirely agree.. I'm a solo player lvl 86 that has built up a pretty substantial base. Breeding is completely absurd in high difficulty tames for solo players in x1, and the amount of grinding required is ridiculous. I would hate to move to unofficial but the game is annoyingly unplayable at current settings on official. I've been playing since legacy, have bought every expansion, and absolutely adore this game. But god WC please fix this poop.

1 hour ago, Dave192 said:

The x2 is a 'bonus', not a given. If it doesn't happen then continue to play as normal. We managed back in the day with the old 1x rates so the new x1 rate is already a huge bonus!

Eurgh. Not this ridiculous argument again. You sound like a monty python sketch. 

"Eric: When I was a boy, I lived in cardboard box in middle of road."

"John: Huh! You had it easy!".

Please tell me the last time an evolution event did *not* happen on a weekend?

Exactly. So they happen every weekend. So, then, why is it so difficult for WC to get the times of these events consistent?

55 minutes ago, LPTF said:

Eurgh. Not this ridiculous argument again. You sound like a monty python sketch. 

"Eric: When I was a boy, I lived in cardboard box in middle of road."

"John: Huh! You had it easy!".

Please tell me the last time an evolution event did *not* happen on a weekend?

Exactly. So they happen every weekend. So, then, why is it so difficult for WC to get the times of these events consistent?

the thing is that the game was not playable on 1x so many new people come into this game and quit simply because of this, and to be honest unofficial is a turn off for me because well.. its not official.

this game now that I think about it has sortve been developed wrong.... it shouldve had a reign of kings system where you can put a token down, claim some territory to build on that only one player has one of, maybe 10x boosted rates and a weekly wipe so we didnt have to see the rise of untouchable, hacking,duping mega tribes that we have today.

Dont get me wrong im with Amy i love the game (on2x) but it shouldve been developed with different rules

49 minutes ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

How many times does WC have to say 2x will not be every weekend?  I wish it was too, but suck it up and quit acting cheated.  Sheesh.

mate, honestly, if you were in a never ending pvp situation and constantly getting wiped like me you would quit if it was 1x, these events are the only thing still keeping me in this game

and nobody talk about "in my time" ive been in this game since day 1

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, calimuscle said:

Really get buzzed out when 2x events are delayed or my server gets offline for the whole duration of them.

As a solo player with 1.7k I can say 100% the game is not playable on official without boosted weekends, especially when any growth in your tribe or base has to get done by yourself.

2x events should have a set and planned release time, this games made millions why is it so hard to do.

and why dont i have access to the trading forum when I have had this account for nearly a year

Your whole argument is invalid. It’s intended that the game is to be played as a tribe. You choose to go solo, deal with the consequences.

1 hour ago, Meshi said:

Doest higher rates seriously lower "official difficulty"? I was told  over and over that only real Ark is official. So why criple official rates? You are asking to degrade godly officials into every second  unofficial crapy server around. Where is your "hardcore" and "official is only real Ark" spirit, guys? 

Nothing hard about official, there is just the God forsaken grind. I dont miss those rates. 

Seriously though I guess you have two different groups, those die hard 'official or nothing' people and those who casually want to play and kinda of rely on the events to get stuff done. Its got to the point that since release there has been so few weekends without the evo events I cant understand why the standard rates havent been raised. I mean whats the point of the event if its every single weekend ?

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Nothing hard about official, there is just the God forsaken grind. I dont miss those rates. 

Seriously though I guess you have two different groups, those die hard 'official or nothing' people and those who casually want to play and kinda of rely on the events to get stuff done. Its got to the point that since release there has been so few weekends without the evo events I cant understand why the standard rates havent been raised. I mean whats the point of the event if its every single weekend ?

maybe Wildcard likes tormenting people and gives the feeling the events are normal.
Then BAMM; no more event and everyone "suffers"

We all know my feeling on people crying about no 2x. I get that 2x seems to happen every weekend. I think that's the farce there not the "Why haven't they started it?" 

Seriously people complaining about official rates, there are so many other options. 

"But I want to play official!" No you don't. You want to play a slightly boosted server. That's why you rely on 2x and 3x events. You literally say that.

"I work a full time job and can't spend 12 hour days to build up and I am a solo player."  Then you should absolutely not be on official server's as official server's are designed for tribe work or an abnormal amount of hours invested. If you keep coming back to the official server even though you can't get anything done solo, that's kind of your fault. What's that old quote about the definition of insanity?

"They should change the rates for us." No they shouldn't. Ark has always been designed from an official standpoint to be played as a tribe based game. 

As a man or woman stranded, naked, freezing, and starving on the unforgiving shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame and ride the plethora of leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements and store valuables, all while teaming up with (or preying upon) hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

I can't say I'm not a bit of a hypocrite as I also understand this game was designed also as a PvP game and so when they change something across Ark because of PvP I get irked that it affects PvE but that's because I don't understand how they can separate some things (flyer pick up as example) and not other's. 

However, I digress. The point here is if you rely on evo events to be able to progress as opposed to the bonus they are supposed to be then official Ark, and all its settings and rates, is not for you. You need to be on an unofficial server. There are good ones out there. You have to do a little research to find them but they will give you everything you desire whether it be 5x maturation so you can get to the killing faster or 10x harvest so you can build that castle you have designed in your head or level 9 difficulty so the wild dino's provide more of a challenge spawning in at max 300 (just example don't know 9's actual spawn max). However official is played by hundred's of thousand's of people who thrive just fine so WC doesn't need to change anything about them. They are officially fine. 

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

We all know my feeling on people crying about no 2x. I get that 2x seems to happen every weekend. I think that's the farce there not the "Why haven't they started it?" 

Seriously people complaining about official rates, there are so many other options. 

"But I want to play official!" No you don't. You want to play a slightly boosted server. That's why you rely on 2x and 3x events. You literally say that.

"I work a full time job and can't spend 12 hour days to build up and I am a solo player."  Then you should absolutely not be on official server's as official server's are designed for tribe work or an abnormal amount of hours invested. If you keep coming back to the official server even though you can't get anything done solo, that's kind of your fault. What's that old quote about the definition of insanity?

"They should change the rates for us." No they shouldn't. Ark has always been designed from an official standpoint to be played as a tribe based game. 

I can't say I'm not a bit of a hypocrite as I also understand this game was designed also as a PvP game and so when they change something across Ark because of PvP I get irked that it affects PvE but that's because I don't understand how they can separate some things (flyer pick up as example) and not other's. 

However, I digress. The point here is if you rely on evo events to be able to progress as opposed to the bonus they are supposed to be then official Ark, and all its settings and rates, is not for you. You need to be on an unofficial server. There are good ones out there. You have to do a little research to find them but they will give you everything you desire whether it be 5x maturation so you can get to the killing faster or 10x harvest so you can build that castle you have designed in your head or level 9 difficulty so the wild dino's provide more of a challenge spawning in at max 300 (just example don't know 9's actual spawn max). However official is played by hundred's of thousand's of people who thrive just fine so WC doesn't need to change anything about them. They are officially fine. 

If we didnt have solo players like me who else would mega tribe players like you have to pick on besides the beginner tribes

If the game implemented the changes I mentioned earlier I would be all my saving Ive made in full time work that the games population would double, only a game like ark with such a great concept could survive all the duping, bugs etc that have plagued it since day 1.

days and days where you cannot even sleep more than 3 hours to raise a max potential dinosaur, is unhealthy anyway you look at it.

Thats not asking for dedications, thats asking you to literally damage your quality of life to get you ahead in the game. There are certain things that even mega tribes wait for 2x events for so dont come and tell me its not needed lol

I've been saying this for a while but they should really open up official clusters with some varied rule sets. Some with tribe caps of 5 10 or 15 with no alliances maybe a no tribe cluster then some with different rates hell you could even have a cluster at the old original rates for those that want that type of challenge. These clusters wouldn't be attached to the mega clusters so they wouldn't effect them in any way but would open up an official place for people with varying tastes. If some clusters prove to be underpopulated those could be closed to open up more copies of the clusters that are popular, just seems silly to not open up more options to cater to a wider  breadth of your player base 

Is it just me or do they always mess up after a x3 event and put it back to the original x1 rates? It seems all this week I have had 8 wood from a tree, that seems real low, like it's supposed to be x2 from release rates but a year ago we wasn't getting 4 wood from a tree. I think that's why it seems like a grind on x1 after an event because they mess it up and put it back too x1 original not the current x1 

Archived