I'm always short on oil and particularly crystal. How do you get more?

AdligerAdler

Oil. I watched several videos on oil locations but they all showed oil only in the dangerous red zone and on the dangerous surface. Trilobites and lampreys don't give much and are no reliable source I assume. I guess I have to get more dung beetles, place some stimberry seeds in crop plots and feed them to my roll rat regularly. Then put feces into beetles.

Or are there anywhere on the map oil nodes easier to access? In green or blue zone? How do you get enough oil to keep your generators running etc.?

Crystal. I know you can some from gem rocks. But for the most part you get gems out of them. I want pure crystal rocks with crystal as primary ressource. I looked on the Aberration ressource map, grabbed my gps and went to several pure crystal rock locations. Often I couldn't find them and the clusters that I harvested gave me only like 12 crystal each. 

How do you get lots of crystal in a shorter time?

You don't need oil for your generator to run.  You can make gas in a chem bench with green gems and congealed gas balls.  Ratio is 20:20 and it equals 5 gas.  You must have gas extractor unlocked so you get the engram on the chem bench.  

If you use an anky to harvest crystal you will get more.  There aren't many crystal patches and most are gem patches.  The anky will get both but the gems will be the higher amount gathered.  Hope this helps.  

To answer your other question yes I know oil is a pain in the but to get without going to the surface since the trilobites don't get very much oil.  

3 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

You don't need oil for your generator to run.  You can make gas in a chem bench with green gems and congealed gas balls.  Ratio is 20:20 and it equals 5 gas.  You must have gas extractor unlocked so you get the engram on the chem bench.  

If you use an anky to harvest crystal you will get more.  There aren't many crystal patches and most are gem patches.  The anky will get both but the gems will be the higher amount gathered.  Hope this helps.  

To answer your other question yes I know oil is a pain in the but to get without going to the surface since the trilobites don't get very much oil.  

That's a great tip but the chem bench is so expensive. Can't make it yet.

Carrying my anky from crystal spawn to crystal spawn would be pretty tedious and take long. I'll try out harvesting the green gem spawns near my base with it and see how much I'll get. Need to build a greenhouse and stuff.

we carry the anky with a crab and also carry a ravager that we lvled in weight and just throw away the stuff we dont want or need and use the ravager because of the weight reduction.  When we want a serious crystal run we harvest any nodes we can find blue and green.  with a high melee anky you can produce a good amount.

BTW the tip shadowless shared about gas balls and green chems needs an award thats single best tip I have seen!!!! I will be making crazy gas tonight!!!

9 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

That's a great tip but the chem bench is so expensive. Can't make it yet.

Carrying my anky from crystal spawn to crystal spawn would be pretty tedious and take long. I'll try out harvesting the green gem spawns near my base with it and see how much I'll get. Need to build a greenhouse and stuff.

Yeah I know all about the expense of getting the mats together for it.  In the end it's way more efficient.  If you haven't tamed a crab yet I highly recommend it for use in gathering and weight carrying.  Essentially it is the flightless Quetz of Abberation.   

5 minutes ago, Slack said:

we carry the anky with a crab and also carry a ravager that we lvled in weight and just throw away the stuff we dont want or need and use the ravager because of the weight reduction.  When we want a serious crystal run we harvest any nodes we can find blue and green.  with a high melee anky you can produce a good amount.

BTW the tip shadowless shared about gas balls and green chems needs an award thats single best tip I have seen!!!! I will be making crazy gas tonight!!!

Not sure about awards or anything like that but it is highly helpful.  Definitely game changing for anyone who has a couple gas extractors and access to green gems.  

If your raising dinos do your meat runs on trilobyte spawns. Killing trilobytes gives you pearls and chitin you need for electronics and cp, plus the oil. You don't get a lot of any but it adds up. Picking up a trilobyte in each claw and beating a third with it gives me enough each time to feel like continuing the grind but farming green gems and gas balls probably the least mind numbing way of getting gas and you get crystal from the green nodes. It's pretty hard to get a ton of one thing (except metal) on aberration. Also roll rats WHILE MOUNTED if fed stimberrys will poop like a phiomia and dung beetles are everywhere. 

Oil, Chittin, Sillica Pearls and Black pearls I tend to use my max Megalosaur and constantly run up and down my local river which seems to have unlimited spawns of trilos.  Unlike Spino the Mega has no knockback so trilobites tend to be killed, on the spot, and harvested without having to chase down the corpses.

We are based approx. Fertile Lake #3 spawn between the lake and a stream down and south to the river through the swamp into blue biome.  The small stream has 5-6 sillica pearls in it and then river at the bottom we run up and down back and forth in a relay race style crossing sides when we reach the mouth of the stream our side or the swamp area just before waterfall on the other side.

Metal we tend to go to the North East surface cave, not the surface itself as the cave has plenty of metal nodes to work on without the risk and timing required of a surface visit.

Crystal - If we're going to an area with white crystal we tend to use Pickaxe or Ankylo as they get crystal from normal crystal nodes - green/blue gems you also get crystal using a Doedicurus but normal crystal nodes will only harvest stone. I tend to use the Doedi a lot more on the gem stones until WC also turn that into stone harvest only as it's faster to get around with it's roll ability.

Red gems I tend to follow roll rats and gas I have a couple of gas collectors setup on local gas veins.

Drakes really make this map so much easier.

Oil, Red Gems and Black Pearls (not sure what they are needed for on Aberration actually) can be found in the red biome.

For crystal we too farm gem nodes, didn´t find a better way yet.

Other times I go to Ragnarok, farm crystal and upload a ton to Aberration (unofficial cluster. Got 2 characters, 1 on each map. Uploading stuff on 1 map lets me download on the other map with my secondary character  - same steam account)

As for silica pearls. I didn´t read this here yet, surprisingly.

Go get an anglerfish. Seriously.

We got one, used a fish basked to trap it, brought it to fertile lake and farmed thousands of pearls in 10 minutes or so.

Either build a water pen there or just take the angler back with a fish basket.

We are constantly processing poop through Dung Beetles..........got more fertilizer than we will ever use right now, but until we can do to chem bench it is keeping up.  There are no trillobites in our location.  

For Crystal, when you harvest the other gems (green/blue/red) in what look like colored crystal nodes, you get the clear crystal as well.  You will need the other gems for other stuff so store them for now, but use the crystal.  

Hope it helps

Archived