How do I make lvl 150 dinos spawn on dedicated server

I recently just bought a dedicated server for the ps4 version of Ark and I managed to fix a lot of settings to my liking but I cant seem to find a way to make the difficulty higher to be able to spawn lvl 150 dinos. I have tried changing the difficulty offset which did nothing. I looked it up and apparently you have to do something with an override official difficulty command but I cant find it anywhere.

@DeathByMayson

Theres 3 things you should check if you are using a second console. The rental methods might be slightly different. (Also this is the xbox forum but it should be the same or similar solution)

1. Make sure you do not have "use singleplayer settings" enabled. This overrides some of your settings and multiplies others.

2. Have your difficulty offset at 1.

3. Enable the Maximum difficulty setting.

21 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

@DeathByMayson

Theres 3 things you should check if you are using a second console. The rental methods might be slightly different. (Also this is the xbox forum but it should be the same or similar solution)

1. Make sure you do not have "use singleplayer settings" enabled. This overrides some of your settings and multiplies others.

2. Have your difficulty offset at 1.

3. Enable the Maximum difficulty setting.

My server host is multiplay and the only one of those things I can find is the difficulty offset

This (picture) is what i have in my server to spawn 180s.. Change the 6.0 to 5.0 and youll get 150s

Difficulty values make the dino lvls go up in increments of 30. Example. A value of 6.0 for lvl 180 where 30x6.0=180.. 180-30=150 so for a 150 youd need to use 5.0

(Max dino lvl)/30=difficulty you want.

Look at it another way, dinos spawn in at the Difficulty level specified and increases in increments

Lvl5..lvl10..lvl15..lvlN.. Lvl145..lvl150

Or for me

Lvl6..lvl12..lvl18..lvlN..lvl 174..lvl180

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

Capture+_2017-12-14-10-34-09.png

On 1/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, DeathByMayson said:

I recently just bought a dedicated server for the ps4 version of Ark and I managed to fix a lot of settings to my liking but I cant seem to find a way to make the difficulty higher to be able to spawn lvl 150 dinos. I have tried changing the difficulty offset which did nothing. I looked it up and apparently you have to do something with an override official difficulty command but I cant find it anywhere.

Different maps have different defaults for max level dinos. Take a look at the table on this page, it worked perfectly for me - https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty. You're looking for the difficulty offset and the override official difficulty settings. 

3 hours ago, Phyrist said:

This (picture) is what i have in my server to spawn 180s.. Change the 6.0 to 5.0 and youll get 150s

Difficulty values make the dino lvls go up in increments of 30. Example. A value of 6.0 for lvl 180 where 30x6.0=180.. 180-30=150 so for a 150 youd need to use 5.0

(Max dino lvl)/30=difficulty you want.

Look at it another way, dinos spawn in at the Difficulty level specified and increases in increments

Lvl5..lvl10..lvl15..lvlN.. Lvl145..lvl150

Or for me

Lvl6..lvl12..lvl18..lvlN..lvl 174..lvl180

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

Capture+_2017-12-14-10-34-09.png

Thanks but the thing is I cant find where to change the override because mine is hosted by a company online

4 hours ago, DeathByMayson said:

My server host is multiplay and the only one of those things I can find is the difficulty offset

Yeah as an xbox player we only have one option for rentals and that is Nitrado. As @ArkPNW said above the settings are "difficulty offset" and "override official difficulty". Maybe your host has it labeled something else if you cant find it. 

On 1/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Yeah as an xbox player we only have one option for rentals and that is Nitrado. As @ArkPNW said above the settings are "difficulty offset" and "override official difficulty". Maybe your host has it labeled something else if you cant find it. 

I found it. Thanks for all your help!

Archived