Beaver question

mecandbuttons

I'm not a big fan of having to worry about wandering dinos getting killed, so I never do it, as for making dams, only the wild ones do that.

The beaver is a great wood collector and gets berries too.

50% weight reduction on Wood, Thatch, Fiber and Stone.

Has an oxygen stat but doesnt deplete underwater.

With a saddle it can be used as a mobile smithy.

If levelled strictly in weight can craft higher quality BPs with ease using up to 300 slots compared to a regular smithy.

It can also be carried by an argy. With a high weight argy and beaver they make for a great wood farming team. Fly from tree to tree faster and get even more wood in less time.

I definitely think that the beaver is the best for wood collection until you reach the point in the game where you can tame a high level Theri/Mammoth combo. The biggest trick with them is figuring out the best balance between weight and melee for the area you are collecting in. I had a lot of trees in the area I was working and I found that 800 weight with the rest of the points going into melee worked the best for me.

6 hours ago, Demerus said:

I'm not a big fan of having to worry about wandering dinos getting killed, so I never do it, as for making dams, only the wild ones do that.

The beaver is a great wood collector and gets berries too.

50% weight reduction on Wood, Thatch, Fiber and Stone.

Has an oxygen stat but doesnt deplete underwater.

With a saddle it can be used as a mobile smithy.

If levelled strictly in weight can craft higher quality BPs with ease using up to 300 slots compared to a regular smithy.

It can also be carried by an argy. With a high weight argy and beaver they make for a great wood farming team. Fly from tree to tree faster and get even more wood in less time.

Its 80% reduction on Wood, 50% on the other 2.

11 minutes ago, smalzstein said:

On mine server it's also 12.5, no mods.

I'll have to check this. I know Mammoth gets the 75% weight reduction on wood like the doedic gets it on stone but thorny and beaver have always gotten 50% as long as I've been playing. I thought it was because they got it on all the natural building resources as opposed to just one source. I just used the thorny last week to bang out behemoth gates but didn't look at the weight of the items. Guess I'll look at lunch.  

Archived