Can I kill this giga?

SuperChu132

So my friend's base/tames are being harassed by a wild Giga in the area. I suspect this is a lv. 4 Giga that I've seen roaming the area, but I could be wrong as the place my friend reported seeing the dino is pretty far from where this particular Giga is. 

My question is: do you think I can kill it? I have 2 gigas of my own, but they're wild tames and have no imprinting on them. They are mate boosted, but one is around lv. 140 and the other is approaching lv. 100, and they both have primitive saddles and around 110-117.5% melee damage. I also have a rather OP argy that I've been raising that has over 1000% melee damage, 8000 health, and can easily solo alpha rexes without problems as well as several good ocean tames, a strong couple of wolf packs, and a rex that can help also. I'm pretty sure all that can beat it, but I've seen the stats of wild Gigas as well as read the unsuccessful attempts of people far better than me try and beat "weak" wild gigas and get curbstomped. 

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Also, first time on the forums. Hello everyone! :)

29 minutes ago, SuperChu132 said:

So my friend's base/tames are being harassed by a wild Giga in the area. I suspect this is a lv. 4 Giga that I've seen roaming the area, but I could be wrong as the place my friend reported seeing the dino is pretty far from where this particular Giga is. 

My question is: do you think I can kill it? I have 2 gigas of my own, but they're wild tames and have no imprinting on them. They are mate boosted, but one is around lv. 140 and the other is approaching lv. 100, and they both have primitive saddles and around 110-117.5% melee damage. I also have a rather OP argy that I've been raising that has over 1000% melee damage, 8000 health, and can easily solo alpha rexes without problems as well as several good ocean tames, a strong couple of wolf packs, and a rex that can help also. I'm pretty sure all that can beat it, but I've seen the stats of wild Gigas as well as read the unsuccessful attempts of people far better than me try and beat "weak" wild gigas and get curbstomped. 

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Also, first time on the forums. Hello everyone! :)

Don't do it, you will lose... They have base 80k health and they get the bleed effect which I think is 20% max health but I'm not sure. 

I don't think you have the firepower to take it head on. If you managed to trap it then maybe but head on it will ruin everything you've got. If you can kite it to the ocean you can munch it from below with your sea tames maybe? But definitely not head on, wild gigas are evil, brutal mofos 

3 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Don't do it, you will lose... They have base 80k health and they get the bleed effect which I think is 20% max health but I'm not sure. 

I don't think you have the firepower to take it head on. If you managed to trap it then maybe but head on it will ruin everything you've got. If you can kite it to the ocean you can munch it from below with your sea tames maybe? But definitely not head on, wild gigas are evil, brutal mofos 

Bleed takes 5% of hp in 5 sec

3 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Yeah, I was kind of thinking of luring him to the ocean to eat him with my pleisosaur, but I was worried he might bite me even from above me and munch on my dino for breakfast. I did try fighting this giga with my argy before but I fled right before my argy died. However he did manage to bloody him a little before I left, so even with that staggering 80k healthpool it can't be that bad...

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, SuperChu132 said:

Yeah, I was kind of thinking of luring him to the ocean to eat him with my pleisosaur, but I was worried he might bite me even from above me and munch on my dino for breakfast. I did try fighting this giga with my argy before but I fled right before my argy died. However he did manage to bloody him a little before I left, so even with that staggering 80k healthpool it can't be that bad...

Land creatures won't attack while they are swimming unless they are ridden by a player. You also don't need to kill it, just take your Argy, grab a Phimioa (Giga loves bacon) and kite it in the sea. Go out of render distance to lose aggro, come back and the Giga will sit there and slowly sink and then drown.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Land creatures won't attack while they are swimming unless they are ridden by a player. You also don't need to kill it, just take your Argy, grab a Phimioa (Giga loves bacon) and kite it in the sea. Go out of render distance to lose aggro, come back and the Giga will sit there and slowly sink and then drown.

I've always tranq'd them when they get out into the water just to be safe.  I've seen them too often turn around and b-line straight for land as soon as agro drops.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, banggugyangu said:

I've seen them too often turn around and b-line straight for land as soon as agro drops.

You simply didn't kite them far enough. If the trace cannot detect land at a certain distance it won't look any further and will sink to its death.

21 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Your argy can kill the giga. Just go behind its neck and hit its back, try not to go close to its head and you should make "quick" work of it! (done it twice) Takes patience and make sure you dont EVER approach the head. It can pin you inside it

That's what I was doing when I was fighting him beforehand, but he was still landing hits on me which meant I didn't last too long against him. I'm thinking of letting the wolf pack loose against this giga because they dish out good damage and provide time for me to kill him with either my gigas or my argy (or both hehe). My wolves (at least the alphas) deal more damage than the wild giga does and do it faster than him, and they can absorb a few hits per wolf, so I thought they would be good to use against him.

13 minutes ago, SuperChu132 said:

That's what I was doing when I was fighting him beforehand, but he was still landing hits on me which meant I didn't last too long against him. I'm thinking of letting the wolf pack loose against this giga because they dish out good damage and provide time for me to kill him with either my gigas or my argy (or both hehe). My wolves (at least the alphas) deal more damage than the wild giga does and do it faster than him, and they can absorb a few hits per wolf, so I thought they would be good to use against him.

I dont think you should do that. The giga kills your wolves in under 100 seconds (gnashed bleed does 1% of a targets hp per second) and they have no armor. I doubt your argy can dish out the right damage in that time. 

I highly suggest you solely use the argy and aim for the gigas backside, retreating often to lose aggro and get a surprise attack so that it cant fight back during its aggro animation. As long as you dont initiate a landing while over it or go near its head you should be fine.

48 minutes ago, Default77 said:

Definately wont work. Ive only seen it done with 400+ melee 100% imprinted gigas before. Someone else mightve had a different experience tho.

It would work if your allos are fast enough to outrun it. While its distracted by a wild dino, run up to it, take a hit and bite it with the alpha... Repeat 20+ times?

I usually just kite it to the ocean with a Wyvern or Griffin, you can walk it out there and just hover over it. It will stand in the water, drowning looking up at you still aggroed. It's actually very funny. My tribe mate and myself just finished raising some poison Wyvern's. We're getting them up to 2k stam and 500+% melee and will see if we can kill some Giga's with those. I tested and I can fire 23 poison balls in a row if on the ground before draining stamina. So if we position right, we can probably both unleash 5 shots before we need to take off and re-position. There's also a chance that we can just unleash a constant barrage by switching while hovering. 23 on the ground so figure 10 in the air out of his bite aoe while one rejuvenates stamina. 

We just finished some lightnings. Got them both to 1500 stamina and 450% melee. My tribe mate has only ever used a Giga to fight Titans (on  legacy) but with both of our Wyv's working together we killed a Titan in HL in about 5 minutes last week. We could always try a similar approach against a Giga. 

The safest and easiest way though is the kiting to sea while holding aggro and letting it drown. 

hmmm, you could trap it. There's a simple trap you can do by building 3 gates in a "Bottomless Trapizoid". put a large beartrap in the middle, lead the giga into the trap, then build the fourth gate behind the giga. it's actually fairly effective, and at that point you could employ a variety of different tactics to kill it, the Argent, guns, Cannons, RPGs, Balistas, the list goes on. Not saying how fast or slow it would be, but it's possible

On 1/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, invincibleqc said:

You also don't need to kill it, just take your Argy, grab a Phimioa (Giga loves bacon) and kite it in the sea. Go out of render distance to lose aggro, come back and the Giga will sit there and slowly sink and then drown.

This^^

You can carry any delicious prey animal (dodo, ovis, phiomia) with your bird and a giga will follow you out to sea like a hungry puppy. You don't even need to fly out of render distance, once you get them into water that's over their had you just fly straight up in the air. You can watch them lose interest in you, float there in the water, sink beneath the surface, and drown.

It's a nearly zero risk solution. I have a base in the Highlands on Ragnarok, and I kite 3-5 gigas out into the ocean every week. Just fly around with some tasty bait dangling from your claws and they'll follow you like it's the first time they've ever fallen in love.

Archived