Dear Wildcard...

Olivar

12 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Until you disconnect from the server or get one of those lovely bluescreens while gliding. Then the fun stops abruptly.

Or until it gets pushed into the ground by a drake or reaper queen. We are up to 6 lost in the ground now. Nothing like walking away from a 190 drake with its head sticking out the ground and a 112 armor asc saddle on it. And oli prob dont have to worry bout the disconnects and such dedis tend to be far smoother and more stable since they dont usually have as many ppl or massive structures on them. 

10 hours ago, Olivar said:

@AngrySaltire I've seen one of my dive-bombs hit a poor glowbug for up to 2500 damage. They work similar to the gryphon one. While gliding with some speed, aim your crosshair at your target and click as if you'd go for a rock/wall. When you properly hit the target it takes the dive-bomb damage.

I've pushed my drake's health up to 10k, aimed for the 2k stamina, and will push the rest in melee damage.

Had an interesting fight in the pit last night farming drake eggs solo. Got attacked by 4 while stickied to the rocky area. I was tapping left click to bite and apparently the cross hair popped in between targets and with a couple clicks it did like 3-4 rapid short dive smashes and vaporized all 4 drakes. Lol i was concerned with getting pushed into the nest and glitched into the texture one minute then sitting like a king the next. My tribe on official i think we have around 25-35 right now most over 165. I have 8 of my own grown main to drake pit and reaper queen fighters are a 190 and 185 with a 112 saddle and 100%imprint. Fun mount. The issues occur when the server is unstable and u get funky rock sticking and random free falls where the glide does not activate..... been a few dead light pets in the ele river from those...

And rip to another one. Gms came to try to get a few drakes out of the ground. They got 2/3 out then séver crashed and rolled back and they thought they had them out still....sadly no they are still stuck in the ground. Server crash and rollback dropped me in the pit and light pet on the ground. Logfed back in to a drake and nameless eating my 145 tame shine horn. Take off from there to go see where the drakes the gms supposedly got out.... and crash again while going through reaper queen area. Log back in to see my currently level 251 drake (with the awesoms saddle) fighting a reaper queen while standing in the pink river. I had no picks or safe way to get down and nameless spawning as i watch the reaper queen destryow the drake (bc of the pink river he could have easilly taken the reaper out of water). Had to get tribemates to pick me up kill reaper and recover the asc saddle at least. This is how official runs oli. Rando crashes, server rollbacks ect. Dedi more stable typically. so RIP 190 drake.....thanks wildcard.

Awww! Nice mix!  I also saw some with red feathers!
We wish to find a lime green/yellow or a magenta.  We killed some during our nest raid [emoji23] all low... You know, ark philosophy : cool color but low level [emoji23]
Common misconception.. higher levels are inherently rarer, therefore, less variety is seen when spawned at random.. there are more lower levelled spawns, therefore the likelyhood of seeing a different color variation is much greater..

43 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:
On 1/3/2018 at 3:18 AM, MayaPatch said:
Awww! Nice mix!  I also saw some with red feathers!
We wish to find a lime green/yellow or a magenta.  We killed some during our nest raid emoji23.png all low... You know, ark philosophy : cool color but low level emoji23.png

Common misconception.. higher levels are inherently rarer, therefore, less variety is seen when spawned at random.. there are more lower levelled spawns, therefore the likelyhood of seeing a different color variation is much greater..

Lol 190s like to be brown apparently

On 03/01/2018 at 10:40 AM, AngrySaltire said:

On xbox I think we call it dashboarding. As @Olivar says the game literally just crashes and for us on xbox it returns to the xbox home screen. For me its usually preceded by loud noise from the fan. Other times it just crashes lol

I just call them crashes but what I find happens is that with one crash it doesn’t load the game but its fixed by force-quitting the game. It always just crashes for me but there’s a strange period where every things not moving except the fish which start flying (I always knew they were magical)

Agreed. They are so awesome.

On 03/01/2018 at 8:51 AM, AdligerAdler said:

Until you disconnect from the server or get one of those lovely bluescreens while gliding. Then the fun stops abruptly.

Some guy on my server claimed to have lost over 5 rock drakes already from disconnecting from the server, which I don't understand.. what exactly happens to your rock drake when you disconnect? do you mean it just continues gliding/falling somewhere random or does it actually poof into thin air? 

although you'd think a creature capable of clinging to multiple surfaces could cling to larger dinosaurs and gnaw on them like the thylacoleo, that would be horrible, imagine your spino galloping along in that dog looking way they do, but 5 wild rockdrakes are clinging onto it like giant ticks gnawing it to pieces.

7 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

although you'd think a creature capable of clinging to multiple surfaces could cling to larger dinosaurs and gnaw on them like the thylacoleo, that would be horrible, imagine your spino galloping along in that dog looking way they do, but 5 wild rockdrakes are clinging onto it like giant ticks gnawing it to pieces.

All you have to do is level it up. It shakes it butt and all drakes will drop of

Archived