Character and light pet making pain noises when entering purple zone?

AdligerAdler

First time I went into purple zone. There were spores in the air (I guess that's the reason) and as soon as I walked into them, my character and light pet were making noises as if they are hurt. But I lost no health or something else and my light pet didn't either. It wasn't radioactivity because I was wearing a hazmat suit.

What's happening? Can I ignore that and move on or will something bad happen?

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

There's zones that damage certain dinos/pets and there's zones that don't.
If your pet is making noise, it's clearly taking damage and continued exposure to the zone is going to kill it.

I checked my bulbdog's health and it was still full though. 2 times. And my character, although wearing full hazmat suit, was making noises too. But also here no damage or radiation sickness.

I know what you are talking about.  We call it witch grass.  If you dont have on a suit you will take spore damage as if you walked through a spore shroom.   There is areas like this all over not just in blue zones.  There is even a few spots like this up on top ledges.   Even if you jump through them like way high you still see the effect I assume its a bug.  We just where suits everywhere we go because of this.  And no you do not take any damage and neither does your pet as long as you are wearing a suit.

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

I checked my bulbdog's health and it was still full though. 2 times. And my character, although wearing full hazmat suit, was making noises too. But also here no damage or radiation sickness.

Interesting find.
So if you have the hazmat suit, it also protects your shoulder pet?
Then the animations clearly ignore the hazmat suit condition.

technically a bug :D

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

Is a current bug on official servers, other than the hurt noise, not you nor your pet will die.

38 minutes ago, Trqfreak350 said:

it's not the high level animal near sound?

10 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Uh no. Can't confuse the character pain noises.

Can comform. Certainly not the high level alert, deffinatly repeated pain noises from player and glowbuddy, despite the hazard suits. Player doesnt seem to lose health, am not brave enough to check lightbuddy in that zone though. One I found is just after entering the purple radiation zone on the way down to the drake trench.

1 hour ago, Trqfreak350 said:

do you see 1's popping up, might need to have that enabled though, i do enter areas where spores are active like on the way to the surface just tested it and it was making noises.

The 1s do pop up but I have assumed that  is the radiation affecting the durability of the hard suit ?

Archived