Private Server, Map changes - possible?

ToeiRei

Hi guys,

I know this might sound a bit typical for a girl, but I am attached to some Dinos on my current map. On the other hand I'd like to try other maps with my significant other, leaving the old map intact to be able to get back to it and feed my beloved and hand raised Rex that saved my digital bottom more than once by now.

Is it possible to switch back and forth between maps or is there any way to get around tribe permission problems?

Cheers

Rei

5 hours ago, Housatonic said:

The more elaborate alternative being a cluster, of course, a group of two or more servers with different maps you can transfer between at will.

I guess running 2 servers would be overkill here as I would have to drag in extra hardware to feed the beast. On the other hand it's too many animals around on our tribe we really care for. Equipment is easily replaceable, but 'home' (in terms of where the heart is) isn't.

4 minutes ago, ToeiRei said:

I guess running 2 servers would be overkill here as I would have to drag in extra hardware to feed the beast.

Just set up multiple servers on the one machine (Ark Server Manager is great for this if you're on Windows) and only run the servers you're playing on at the time, that's all my wife and I do. We have six servers running on an older i7 machine with 16GB RAM and we just start up the ones we're using and leave the others off. I can run 3 or at a push 4 servers at once on this spec.

Archived