I always kill Karkinos :(

gerrynaples

I used  5 stone dino gate frames  set them up in a U shape  ......then paced a cannon  on a foundation in front of the the single gate way or bottom of the U   i let the Karkino  chase me thru the gate and then shoot them in the head with a cannon ball .......one shot normally knocks them out but have a spare cannon ball in your pocket just in case LOL

2 hours ago, Dlow1962 said:

I used  5 stone dino gate frames  set them up in a U shape  ......then paced a cannon  on a foundation in front of the the single gate way or bottom of the U   i let the Karkino  chase me thru the gate and then shoot them in the head with a cannon ball .......one shot normally knocks them out but have a spare cannon ball in your pocket just in case LOL

Dont use a cannon unless you dont care about taming efficiency, otherwise itll end up at like 50%... And it oneshot kills lower level crabs

13 minutes ago, Olivar said:

It should be...
Catapult is really your best bet for low levels, and make sure absolutely hit the body.
They take increased damage on the legs etc.

I'm just going to guess we were too far away. Maybe I'll try to put the trap closer. I was aiming high but it was kinda hard to tell where the boulders were hitting it.  Maybe have someone standing by with a spyglass?

40 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I'm just going to guess we were too far away. Maybe I'll try to put the trap closer. I was aiming high but it was kinda hard to tell where the boulders were hitting it.  Maybe have someone standing by with a spyglass?

yes we use a spyglass to check hits to be sure we are on target.   Once you verify you are hitting the right spot with the spyglass they become easy to knock out.  We also found they are easier to tame if someone has aggro to get them to turn away from you and once they starting running have that same person come back to catapult to force the crab to run away still showing you its back.  And there isnt a huge rush with these because there torpor does not fall very fast.  So make your shots count.

11 minutes ago, Slack said:

yes we use a spyglass to check hits to be sure we are on target.   Once you verify you are hitting the right spot with the spyglass they become easy to knock out.  We also found they are easier to tame if someone has aggro to get them to turn away from you and once they starting running have that same person come back to catapult to force the crab to run away still showing you its back.  And there isnt a huge rush with these because there torpor does not fall very fast.  So make your shots count.

Great tips, thanks!

I kept messing up too. What helped me is having more patience. Only shoot when you are sure it hits the body. After you hit wait because it might move. Take your time and use that nub on the catapult for aiming.

This is my taming pen. 3x3x4, catapult is 4 pillars high, between catapult and taming pen is 2 foundation wide gap.

I lure them in with a ravager. Run up ramp and jump over pit. Crab walks in. Spike walls always stay since crabs and spinos can walk over them (I'm taming spinos on there too).

PS_Messages_20180103_013003.jpg

2 hours ago, gerrynaples said:

Only 1 thing that i dont know is: I MUST HIT HEAD OR BODY? xD

Head/body is the same. Just avoid legs and claws otherwise it will get only dmg and not torpor. Be patient and wait until you're ready to shoot. Don't rush is the key. We KOed a 20 one yesterday to test the trap we rebuilt.

Remember : just avoid legs and claws ^^ hit the body (his carapace in short )

When a wild karkinos kills something it gains hp. If your crab is about to die, just have naked tribe members feed themselves to it to quick heal. I had a tribe member last night knock out a crab solo by shooting it a bunch and when it got all bloody he fed himself to it making its hp raise faster than its torpor dropped and he got it down after a bit. Make sleeping bags and be sure your light pet isn't on your shoulder if your gonna feed yourself to it. Most carnivores heal If they eat people so it's not just a crab thing. Also heals from wild dinos but wild dinos can fight back.

13 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

We made a pillar pen with a nearby catapult on a pillar and ceiling. Then has a second player stand under the catapult and keep the crabs agro so it kept facing the catapult, then just laid into it. Torpor seemed pretty much instant. 

I do the same but a lot of times it will stop aggroing after a bit and just spins in circles making body shots a bit harder. Running out of load distance and coming back can fix it but usually there are people going up and down the river so someone still has it loaded on screen and it won't reset it's aggro. Then ya just gotta go skinny Dippin in the crabs mouth.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:32 AM, AdligerAdler said:

I kept messing up too. What helped me is having more patience. Only shoot when you are sure it hits the body. After you hit wait because it might move. Take your time and use that nub on the catapult for aiming.

This is my taming pen. 3x3x4, catapult is 4 pillars high, between catapult and taming pen is 2 foundation wide gap.

I lure them in with a ravager. Run up ramp and jump over pit. Crab walks in. Spike walls always stay since crabs and spinos can walk over them (I'm taming spinos on there too).

PS_Messages_20180103_013003.jpg

Thank u so much bro! Your trap is AMAZING and worked very good :) i replaced doorframe with window frame and wall and worked good too for tame others creatures :)

8 hours ago, gerrynaples said:

Thank u so much bro! Your trap is AMAZING and worked very good :) i replaced doorframe with window frame and wall and worked good too for tame others creatures :)

Glad you like it. But one thing, I said the spike walls can stay but when I tried luring a 145 spino in the trap it kept aggroing on the spike walls and was heavily injured by them. So better don't place them before you lure a spino or karkinos in. Only after.

Archived