Metal Gathering

Psych0P3nguin

1 hour ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

What is the best dino for metal gathering on Aberration and what general region is metal in good numbers?

Blue zone with Ravagers.
They have half weight for almost anything, and with the ziplines it's soo easy to scoot around the edges and pick up all rock and metal nodes.
Anky is easier on harvesting, but you can't reach everything with it.

26 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Blue zone with Ravagers.
They have half weight for almost anything, and with the ziplines it's soo easy to scoot around the edges and pick up all rock and metal nodes.
Anky is easier on harvesting, but you can't reach everything with it.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Haven't used a Zipline yet. Everytime i leave for work, I come back and Alphas wipe my base as a recruiting method to see how we respond lol. Love PvP but thanks fot his awesome tip

3 minutes ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Haven't used a Zipline yet. Everytime i leave for work, I come back and Alphas wipe my base as a recruiting method to see how we respond lol. Love PvP but thanks fot his awesome tip

The "fun" of alphas I guess :P
But yeah, if you van get a ravager or two, boost their weight a bit and put one on follow, you can carry several tonnes of metal in them and the second one will follow you nicely on the zip lines as well.

Blue zone is best for metal with the amount that is available.  There are actually quiet a few areas you can literally walk down and both are close to the waterfalls leading to the blue zone.  In my tribe for serious metal runs we use an anky and a crab with some boosted weight into the crab and boosted melee on the anky.  You can still jump around with the crab and maneuver most areas and have a tame capable of getting mass amounts of metal along with the reduced weight advantage.   

Guess I'll spill the beans on our method. Tame a high level anky (at one that has a very high damage stat once tamed) and put all points into damage. Then have a crab with pure weight. Lastly have a spino on follow for defense. (This method works best with 2 players but still doable with 1 player.)

One player rides the anky, the other player drives the crab. Anky in the claw and spino on follow. Harvest until you're R2 finger bleeds.

If after crystal use the same method but in the other claw have a high weight ravager. When the crab gets heavy, drop the anky and ravager and put all the crystal into the ravager. Depending on how much weight your ravager has you can more than double the crabs carrying capacity.

We use a 630 dmg anky, 4k weight crab, and 2k weight ravager. All of which are still leveling and we play on official.

22 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

Guess I'll spill the beans on our method. Tame a high level anky (at one that has a very high damage stat once tamed) and put all points into damage. Then have a crab with pure weight. Lastly have a spino on follow for defense. (This method works best with 2 players but still doable with 1 player.)

One player rides the anky, the other player drives the crab. Anky in the claw and spino on follow. Harvest until you're R2 finger bleeds.

If after crystal use the same method but in the other claw have a high weight ravager. When the crab gets heavy, drop the anky and ravager and put all the crystal into the ravager. Depending on how much weight your ravager has you can more than double the crabs carrying capacity.

We use a 630 dmg anky, 4k weight crab, and 2k weight ravager. All of which are still leveling and we play on official.

crystal is easier with a doed auto gathering in your claw, keep shifting crystal/gems to the ravager when the doed stops gathering, you can get a suprising amount in the starting areas, and just down the ramps into blue.

1 hour ago, Saupe said:

crystal is easier with a doed auto gathering in your claw, keep shifting crystal/gems to the ravager when the doed stops gathering, you can get a suprising amount in the starting areas, and just down the ramps into blue.

With the Anky we filled an entire vault with crystal in 2 runs where we go. Each run takes 20 minutes. 40 minutes for 150 stacks. That was on 3x. Even on 1x or 2x it's still fast.

The doed auto attack bothers me. Stops harvesting at like 3/4 weight. Much faster with a 2nd rider. I did hear the doed gets more crystal but our anky has so.much damage it doesn't make a big enough difference lol

we live in  a cave going to the surface and every rock up there is metal so we just go ham w a crab and 2 ankys. we fill 2 Indi forges a trip. plus the bones give u keratin so we use r chem bench and make that into paste. we have a huge metal base and pump out tons of metal structures to send to r other servers. if u make a zip line down to the safe pink area u can collect organic polly from the plants w a sickle you'll get 800 easy. right there are your turrets and everything else u need.

38 minutes ago, Shimmerstep said:

we live in  a cave going to the surface and every rock up there is metal so we just go ham w a crab and 2 ankys. 

This guy knows, the entrance caves to the surface are filled with metal rocks, they just dont look like metal, the one near 'the edge' is real easy to access with a crab, a ravager climbing picks, or a zipline

On 02/01/2018 at 9:01 AM, Psych0P3nguin said:

LOL a recruitment method?  

If the alphas wiped my base everyday to see how I respond, I would respond by trolling the raptor out of them, foundation spam their whole base area and blow all their crab traps and wait outside too kill them when farming , causing constant roll backs with plant z, and 6am suicide stego tanking of their turret towers. It would be the deadest Arberation map on official. Either that or play it sweet get in the tribe and wipe everything with their own stash of rockets. 

Id highly doubt they will recruit you if they are being that much ass hats 

Archived