Karkinos Usage

MayonnaisePlease

So I finally managed to knock out a karkinos without killing it (rip the first two attempts) and tamed her up. Only a lvl80 wild spoiled meat tamed it came out to 118. And honestly i'm impressed with thing it's an absolute killer!

How do you guys think a 130+ tamed karkinos would do in blue zone / purple against the hazards you'd normally run into?

Blue? Fine. They handle rock drakes just fine, provided there isnt a pack of them. A good battle crab (450+ melee 15k+ hp) is a force to reckon with, cant be grabbed by crabs, megas, purlovia have a hard time... now with that being said... the hitbox is terrible on crabs. You will get floatlocked often. Very annoying and can mean death..

I use a 150 movement crab for all my taming / running around and harvesting. Red runs are rough ONLY because seekers stunlock you annoyingly. With a crab you can usually avoid most dangers and can hop right up to fertile from red (ive done it many times) as well as traveserse the place quite well.

I prefer my movement crab to a drake most times. Im looking for a better base stats crab for another beefier speed one. I got a real nice crab (11.5k hp 384 melee) but turned into a weight crab lol

Edit: DO NOT use a crab to muscle your first eggs. Your crab WILL get stunlocked and die. Use spinos or preferably megas (ridden). I use a nice bred spino and 2x mateboosted bred carnos and shred them but.. sometimes can be risky (15k hp 700 melee on spino, 100% print) 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

...cant be grabbed by crabs, megas, purlovia have a hard time... now with that being said...

I've been grabbed off by a wild Karkinos ONCE, so it is possible. Other things haven't been able to harm my character. ;) I agree. Karkinos are fine for the blue, but the deeper it goes, the harder it gets. I barely made it out of the Drake cave with only 2k out of 25k health left. I'd recommend 1-2 additional bodyguard Spinos as well!

My tribemate and I use our crabs for everything. We take two 135 crabs to get our drake eggs and have not had problems. One is 20k hp with 360 melee and the other is 15k hp with around 430 or so melee. I’ve been nervous to take the 20k down there solo but did it yesterday and was fine fighting the drakes. Health got down to 12k hp after running through the trench a couple times so I’m not too worried anymore.  I jump from blue all the way down to the bottom so only have to deal with that path going up when I leave. This is on official as well.

7 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

I've been grabbed off by a wild Karkinos ONCE, so it is possible. Other things haven't been able to harm my character. ;) I agree. Karkinos are fine for the blue, but the deeper it goes, the harder it gets. I barely made it out of the Drake cave with only 2k out of 25k health left. I'd recommend 1-2 additional bodyguard Spinos as well!

I have aswell but it was underwater

I use mine like a forklift for moving dinos around, tossing people with wingsuits for fun, and occasionally to grab wild animals who roll near the base and drop them off a cliff. Crabs are a fun toy, but with the exception of picking two things up there are better things for most of what it does. Nothing quite like dual-wielding mate boosted carnos though.

I lost 3x 140+ kibble tamed  crabs thanks to the  getting stuck bug , if things espically drakes stick under you , you start to get the falling animation loop , wont be able to do anything , but die . Dismounting didnt help me to get it fixed. Crabs should be reworked. I got 2x 175 eggs thanks to them tho. You have to be carefull where you fight and jump on crabs to be fine. I learned my lesson , cost me much , but still.

17 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

So I finally managed to knock out a karkinos without killing it (rip the first two attempts) and tamed her up. Only a lvl80 wild spoiled meat tamed it came out to 118. And honestly i'm impressed with thing it's an absolute killer!

How do you guys think a 130+ tamed karkinos would do in blue zone / purple against the hazards you'd normally run into?

I had trouble knocking them out too. My fifth attempt was successful. My black crab is a lvl 145 tamed with spoiled meat during 3x event. Came out 213 after taming. It's currently level 255, has 20k health and 430% melee. Only leveling melee now trying to reach 500%.

My experience and usage:

- Farming silica pearls. It walks on the bottom of rivers and lakes. Hop off, collect pearls while crab stays on bottom, hop back on and walk to next pearl. For oxygen just hop out lf the water quick. Now I'm not saying there are no other creatures that can do the job too or better (sarco comes in mind), but that's what I've been using it for. Because it's a fun to use creature.

- Getting in higher places. Was even able to rasch the second floor in green biome. Thanks to a well placed mushroom tree though.

- Carrying tames around and throwing them (also wild creatures on PvP). For example, I was taming an ankylo in the radiation zone and didn't want to set in on follow, past basilisks, karkinos and lots of other predators. So I went down with my crab, grabbed it and jumped over the predators back home with it. Crab is not the fastest, but having an ankylo on follow is definitely slower.

- Just jumping around having fun.

- I guess you can also use it for farming (2 doedis in claws for example) but I have not tried yet.

What I noticed during fighting is that some enemies get under your crab and you can't hit for a moment because it's in falling animation I think. When I was fighting 3 ravs, a megalo and a centipede in the biolum at the same time it was really noticable.

Another negative thing, you can get it stuck. I mean, you can probably get all dinos stuck, but watch where you are walking and jumping. I made a thread about it some hours ago (has been moved to the PS4 section) because I got mine stuck between 3 rocks. I just ran down a cliff not knowing the terrain below. It was constantly in falling animation and I couldn't move it at all. A server rollback safed me. 

11 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

I had trouble knocking them out too. My fifth attempt was successful. My black crab is a lvl 145 tamed with spoiled meat during 3x event. Came out 213 after taming. It's currently level 255, has 20k health and 430% melee. Only leveling melee now trying to reach 500%.

My experience and usage:

- Farming silica pearls. It walks on the bottom of rivers and lakes. Hop off, collect pearls while crab stays on bottom, hop back on and walk to next pearl. For oxygen just hop out lf the water quick. Now I'm not saying there are no other creatures that can do the job too or better (sarco comes in mind), but that's what I've been using it for. Because it's a fun to use creature.

- Getting in higher places. Was even able to rasch the second floor in green biome. Thanks to a well placed mushroom tree though.

- Carrying tames around and throwing them (also wild creatures on PvP). For example, I was taming an ankylo in the radiation zone and didn't want to set in on follow, past basilisks, karkinos and lots of other predators. So I went down with my crab, grabbed it and jumped over the predators back home with it. Crab is not the fastest, but having an ankylo on follow is definitely slower.

- Just jumping around having fun.

- I guess you can also use it for farming (2 doedis in claws for example) but I have not tried yet.

What I noticed during fighting is that some enemies get under your crab and you can't hit for a moment because it's in falling animation I think. When I was fighting 3 ravs, a megalo and a centipede in the biolum at the same time it was really noticable.

Another negative thing, you can get it stuck. I mean, you can probably get all dinos stuck, but watch where you are walking and jumping. I made a thread about it some hours ago (has been moved to the PS4 section) because I got mine stuck between 3 rocks. I just ran down a cliff not knowing the terrain below. It was constantly in falling animation and I couldn't move it at all. A server rollback safed me. 

2 Doeds works really well, BUUUUUT they onl;y fill 1/2 way up weight wise and i've noticed they don't have to be on wander either.

Sooooo other karkinos can grab you off of your crab IF it aggro to you while your unmounted and then mount, it will still be targeting just your player. Crabs are pros at getting rock drake eggs as you can jump into all the cubby holes for eggs. You do need to partially clear the area of drakes because a large group will stunlock you. Plus on a crab you can jump over all the superfluous curves in the path making the return trip quicker than running with spino or mega. I've taken crabs up to the surface and they can handle almost a dozen reapers at once but all it takes is something to force your crab into a wall and it won't be able to fight back so it's just scary all the time, especially with the reaper tail whip knockback.

Archived