Fertilised eggs on capped server

Shibiz

So i'm wondering why you cant get fertilised eggs on a capped server. The cap should affect the hatching process, and not stopping players from getting fertilised eggs for selling to other people playing on other servers, or take them out to servers that's not capped to hatch them. From my standpoint this is just sloppy works from our beloved devs (I still love the work you do, you are just lazy some times :x) when it comes to classify dino's on their database.

I would like to hear the community's thoughts about this. 

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

Probably a protection?

Since apparently you can move fert eggs only one time to another server. Would suck to buy a fert egg on a tame capped server, unable to transfer it off and unable to hatch it.

Just the first thought that comes to my mind.

You can without problem transfer eggs out of a capped server, and since eggs are items like metal, axe, pick, etc and not dino's they dont have a impact. 

4 hours ago, Shibiz said:

You can without problem transfer eggs out of a capped server, and since eggs are items like metal, axe, pick, etc and not dino's they dont have a impact. 

I saw many threads about kibble and fert eggs only being able to be transfered to another server once.

I myself had fert eggs spoil on rag because the upload timer never reached zero and I couldn't get them off the server after a trade. I have some kibble on SE with upload timers never reaching zero (can be circumvented though). Both have been transfered in from another server just fine, but it's impossible to get them off again. This is what I mean.

16 hours ago, Weiss said:

I saw many threads about kibble and fert eggs only being able to be transfered to another server once.

I myself had fert eggs spoil on rag because the upload timer never reached zero and I couldn't get them off the server after a trade. I have some kibble on SE with upload timers never reaching zero (can be circumvented though). Both have been transfered in from another server just fine, but it's impossible to get them off again. This is what I mean.

Why would you upload them? You can just travel with them in the inventory. Im talking about 1-5 eggs, not 100 quetz eggs.

If this is working how I am believing it is, it was done to prevent an exploit that allowed you to infinitely "Retame" baby dinos on capped servers, effectively allowing someone exploiting this to get infinite levelled dinos. Similar to how the 450 dino hardcap or item quality hardcap was established to prevent those types of exploits as well. 

Archived