Turret Nerf

cjp2006

I think Nooblets put it best when he said the whole flyer nerf drama could have been avoided if they simply put a hard cap on flyer speed instead of just removing flyer speed all together.  Somebody on these servers (I can't remember who) pointed out that the whole paracer bronto HP nerf could have easily been avoided by simply making turrets do more damage against tanking dinos.  The Bronto and Paracer could have still been tanky for PVE use while allowing turrets to mow them down in PVP.  No, lets just lower their health and make them pointless to tame over a tanky rex or quetzal if they need a platform.  WIld Card really needs to use their heads before they just throw these garbage patches out.

Tanking dinos have still ton of HP and there had to be nerf, because tanking dinos were really out of chart balance wise.
Before nerf Brontos could have easily 100k+ or Tusos 200k+, way to much for any dino or defense in the game.

But what is fascinating that nobody is talking about the most broken thing in Ark and that's character speed. The one thing that is so broken that other things in the game are not working properly or are also broken because of it.

4 hours ago, isu said:

Tanking dinos have still ton of HP and there had to be nerf, because tanking dinos were really out of chart balance wise.
Before nerf Brontos could have easily 100k+ or Tusos 200k+, way to much for any dino or defense in the game.

But what is fascinating that nobody is talking about the most broken thing in Ark and that's character speed. The one thing that is so broken that other things in the game are not working properly or are also broken because of it.

I don't agree on the Bronto health issue since they have garbage dps, like I said, give the turrets a buff where they do 50 percent more damage against Brontos and you solve the issue right there.  Its not like you can put turrets on brontos anymore so they aren't really a threat other than sponging turret ammo.  Even with the new nerf people are still going to use sponge creatures against turrets, the only fix is to make turrets damage dinos more.  I never understood the innate resistance to guns dinos have in this game anyways.

I do agree on the character speed though, nothing is better than having somebody pump nothing but speed and melee run up and instantly knock you out with a club or one shot you with a sword.

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

I don't agree on the Bronto health issue since they have garbage dps, like I said, give the turrets a buff where they do 50 percent more damage against Brontos and you solve the issue right there.  Its not like you can put turrets on brontos anymore so they aren't really a threat other than sponging turret ammo.  Even with the new nerf people are still going to use sponge creatures against turrets, the only fix is to make turrets damage dinos more.  I never understood the innate resistance to guns dinos have in this game anyways.

I do agree on the character speed though, nothing is better than having somebody pump nothing but speed and melee run up and instantly knock you out with a club or one shot you with a sword.

I would support a reduction in player speed if it was paired with a large reduction in tamed dino stats.

Most high level tamed dinos upwards from a wolf can easily one shot most players. There is little balance in that. Throw in breeding and it gets even worse. If there was more balance between a player on foot and some clown on a dino then I'd be in favour of reducing speed but atm that is all ground pounder have to survive.

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Kraumpound said:

It's not hard to see what is causing lag on servers. It's large bases and thousands upon thousands of dinos. It's not a coincidence when the Alpha tribe logins, the whole server lags for upwards of a minute, if it doesn't crash the server. I'm not sure why the Devs do not acknowledge dinos causing this lag. We, as the community don't care what the problem is, we care about solving it. Turrets or dinos, doesn't matter to me. I'd like to play and not lag every time someone logins.

They need to halve the amount of crap players can build on servers. The current limit is 6000 or so which is very high. If they set it to 3000 players could still make reasonably large bases without affecting the server performance not nearly as much.

Secondly for eggs they should add 'dino egg chambers' which would work like the sleeping pod but instead of XP they would release eggs like a vending machine. Except each could hold a few dinos the more being in the chamber the greater the chance of it dropping an egg. The chambers would require food to stop the dinos inside from starving but other that that they could be anywhere in the base as a structure.

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I would support a reduction in player speed if it was paired with a large reduction in tamed dino stats.

Most high level tamed dinos upwards from a wolf can easily one shot most players. There is little balance in that. Throw in breeding and it gets even worse. If there was more balance between a player on foot and some clown on a dino then I'd be in favour of reducing speed but atm that is all ground pounder have to survive.

If they keep using that mentality it will eventually lead to them nerfing the health on creatures like the Rex, which in turn will unbalance things like boss fights.  I don't think it was ever intended that one survivor should be able to solo a high level tamed rex with a sword.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:02 AM, Leebum said:

I love the fact that PvP was shaken up. It became too easy with the fliers as they were. Now it requires more challenge. 

I dont have an opinion on the turret 100 limit but I am sure we will adapt again.

Also, all these comments seem to be from a purely PvP side. This game is designed for cross platform of players including PvE players and more casual PvPers.

My server for example is PvP but most are very casual players. So raiding is not a staple but an event. These nerfs have hit hardcore PvP players for sure, but the rest of the players who are more casual maybe have not, such as myself. 4k hours I have invested I DO NOT feel I have wasted. Instead the game has evolved. 

This nerf was made to cause turrets from crashing the servers over and over. However this is the single handed worst choice they made for pvp. We understood the flyer nerf as ptera where op as hell and really had no counter to them in a flyer fight other then a ptera. Not to mention they could be raised in a flash. Land dinos in a pvp fight where nonexistent and no one could deny that. People where just as mad when they made it so platform dinos couldn't carry turrets as well. That changed pvp drastically but we evolved past it.

The one thing they did was destroy your ability to protect yourself with this "nerf". Raiding in this game is drastically easier then defending. You literally can't defend a real base anymore. I've had turret towers alone with more then 100 turrets on them. Not to mention the trade system in ark for pvp is forever gone as that was a main item traded. This nerf was made to stop servers from crashing. pure and simple! They should have optimized the game further rather then saying f u players we lazy and don't want to fix a buggy game like usual.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

If they keep using that mentality it will eventually lead to them nerfing the health on creatures like the Rex, which in turn will unbalance things like boss fights.  I don't think it was ever intended that one survivor should be able to solo a high level tamed rex with a sword.

Your clearly not wearing armor that's worth a dam if you can't take at least one bit from a rex or have maybe 120 hp. Your not meant to run around like a mix between rambo and chuck noris. judo chopping a rex in the face with one shot. You are meant to evolve your gear and your tools and tames at your disposal. Besides can a human really out run a Fing dino? the top athletes in the world can out run a horse let alone come close to matching them But, you think you should be able to out run that clown on a wolf?

7 hours ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

Your clearly not wearing armor that's worth a dam if you can't take at least one bit from a rex or have maybe 120 hp. Your not meant to run around like a mix between rambo and chuck noris. judo chopping a rex in the face with one shot. You are meant to evolve your gear and your tools and tames at your disposal. Besides can a human really out run a Fing dino? the top athletes in the world can out run a horse let alone come close to matching them But, you think you should be able to out run that clown on a wolf?

If your going to talk realism then I have to ask you when did humans and dinos co-exist? You see bringing realism into this is rather pointless.

12 hours ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

the top athletes in the world can out run a horse let alone come close to matching them But, you think you should be able to out run that clown on a wolf?

interesting point but invalid if you try to outrun a hungry predator. Simply because "outrunning horse" works at either very long distances where horse gets tired and slows down at the end or very very short where human has superior acceleration. In both cases if you swap horse with predator - human will be dead quite quickly.

14 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

interesting point but invalid if you try to outrun a hungry predator. Simply because "outrunning horse" works at either very long distances where horse gets tired and slows down at the end or very very short where human has superior acceleration. In both cases if you swap horse with predator - human will be dead quite quickly.

How is it invalid? I was just stating that someone on foot should be over powered by a tame if you are either lower lvl or have low lvl gear. This is to be expected and to be honest there is no one that can argue that. The horse statement was to be placed as a example that if you can't out run something that is rather so how will you out run something faster like a wolf who will easily out run you and will certainly have a faster acceleration. I also stated if your dieing to dino's easily you are using very sub-par gear. Not even primitive flak is that weak where you one shot. So in short I find your statement odd and lacking any real form of a point.

20 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If your going to talk realism then I have to ask you when did humans and dinos co-exist? You see bringing realism into this is rather pointless.

The setting of the game place uses you as a test subject to try to live and co-exist with dinos. The dinos are meant to be realistic in the behavior we think they are meant to be. Humans where placed in this ark to be part of this experiment and as humans we thrive in adapting to are surroundings however, hand to dino claw/bite combat doesn't look favorable to any human and even more so when not using advanced gear. I'm not saying this game centers on realism but, it is a very much so a foundation of this game. So if you think that dino's shouldn't have at least a little bit of a superior stance on melee combat and even more so while your using sharp sticks and plant fiber clothing. Then I think it would be wise to get your head checked.

On Saturday, March 03, 2018 at 6:15 AM, isu said:

they already nerfed character speed

22 hours ago, isu said:

And it wasnt enough. They nerfed it to 1,2 stat per level, later increased to 1,5.

Speed should be capped at 150, everything higher is in current game broken.

I disagree. The problem isnt speed. its server performance. If servers performed better turrets would hit speed specd ppl and no one would be complaining. 

Try it on single player a 330% speed spec get insta gibbed by turrets.

tldr: fix servers dont nerf my speed

Archived