How to "disable" "revert" the holiday event on the Nitrado servers

CrAzOiD

Oh, I had that rubberbanding issue too. I fixed it by disabling chimney offloading, and using receive side scaling*. This means my 32 threads with my Ryzen Threadripper 1950X will handle all the workload, instead of the Ethernet chip. Goodbye lag.....

Is there a way to reinstall without losing your installed mods? Full reinstall of a server with mods like castles and such, causes the content from these mods to be deleted.

* Fixed typo.

On 04/01/2018 at 3:54 AM, Sphere said:

Oh, I had that rubberbanding issue too. I fixed it by disabling chimney offloading, and using enabled side stepping. This means my 32 threads with my Ryzen Threadripper 1950X will handle all the workload, instead of the Ethernet chip. Goodbye lag.....

Is there a way to reinstall without losing your installed mods? Full reinstall of a server with mods like castles and such, causes the content from these mods to be deleted.

Do you have any web references for 'Side Stepping' please?

48 minutes ago, DuoMog said:

Do you have any web references for 'Side Stepping' please?

Damn I got the name a little bit off. It's Receive Side Scaling. You can find it under Device Manager, Network adapters, then go to your networking controller, properties, then go to the advanced tab, then look for Receive Side Scaling. It should be on by default. If it is not, and you have Chimney Offloading off, then only one single CPU core can do networking.

53 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Damn I got the name a little bit off. It's Receive Side Scaling. You can find it under Device Manager, Network adapters, then go to your networking controller, properties, then go to the advanced tab, then look for Receive Side Scaling. It should be on by default. If it is not, and you have Chimney Offloading off, then only one single CPU core can do networking.

Cool,  thanks,  I'll take a look.

Update: It seems my system had RSS on by default on COS off by default.  Use  'netsh int tcp show global'  to see the COS  setting on Windoze 10.

Thanks for the info though.  It's always good to learn new things :-)

Archived