old server getting lesser player online?

Lavincy

is it just only our old server or what

after aberration is out everyone went missing and its like lesser than 20 players online in the new offcial server we are in now. sometimes lesser than 10 players. 

its getting abit lonely man. whats left around are like old ruins of house others build 

im talking about pve sorry. 

edits: it used to hit cap once in awhile everyone was in glob chat it was lively but now its abit dead. 

3 minutes ago, Majix said:

You just explained the reason in your post. Everyone playing the new and hip. Get with the times!

yeah but at this point on dont u feel old server are pointless now? yeah we play on aberration too. but heading back to a server with almost no people seem weird when before it was so lively

Guest DJRone89

This post is like the opposite of the last few months with the complaints of overcrowding. Now complaints are over deserted servers.

Either use this time to look for a happy medium, or become more established while there is less competition. I recommend the latter.

• 2 weeks later...

Its really so dead. I bought game and season pass when Aberration released. And everything was awesome. Dinos, surviving, harvesting, taming. Cool! Then we with my friend (after few weeks on pvp) moved to pve, killed Gamma Rockwell. Got interesting engram for Tek bed. Buuuut... we don't have any another Tek engrams.

So we moved to Official Island. And this is really pain. 4th day we looking for server where is not capped. We saw some without. But its become cap just in few minutes. Just like someone have 500+ dodos or someone else and just wanna tame 50th or 100th Rex and make few slots empty just for himself.

So... It's really DEAD. I see only one way - moving back to the Aberration, tame ~10 Spinos, move them again to Island and try kill some bosses. But this is so stupid. I still cannot feel and touch the Island's dinos. They all untameable... I don't understand only 2 things:

1. Why ppl tame 100+, 300+, 500+ dinos?! WHY they make kibble farms by each server? IMHO tame limit should be capped to 10 dinos for each player. Period.
2. Why devs don't do anything?

Servers almost dead. There are only few tribes with 500-1000 dinos farms and they keep whole server for themself. Its 3k+ day on server. New players NOT ALLOWED. They just won't survive without dinos. I think I done with ARK Survival until devs do something with this problem. I also wanted look to Scorched Eath, Ragnarok. But I won't. I know, they too capped already. All. Only pvp servers not capped. But you won't survive here. As you build first stone house (skipping thatch and wood for fast grow), 100+ lvls come with rockets. So it's not for content, its for pvp only. And I would like come back to pve. Its DEAD. Soon maybe aberration could be capped everywhere. I've seen houses with 10+ turtles. TURTLES! Really?! I hope something gonna change. 

Btw support is awfull. Bug reports not read. Tek replicator should be opened by killing ANY boss (wiki says this). But looks like its only about Island. Aberration boss doesn't open this engram. 

With the new release, we're seeing a drop on our server as well, but it's still somewhat active.

The main issue I feel is the 3 egg teams than have come onto the server and build massive egg-farms.

Even when the people come back, they likely won't stay since they can't really expand anymore from a dino point of view.

Actually, if they get new dinos in the new release, I'm not even sure they COULD bring them back to the Island...so that is going to be an issue as well.

11 hours ago, Mans7 said:

TURTLES! Really?!

crab kibble on aberration. and you can't move kibble from the island to aberration.

some people would be happy to have much less dinos but kibble system make us tame everything what lays eggs. I think eggs should be used only for breeding and kibble should be made just of special meat (like dodo leg) or rare berries

I had kind of toyed with the idea of making a server-wide friendly egg farm so that others didn't feel the need to build their own.

Problem I am seeing even with something like this....you're going to get a few people that just camp it and don't share....or the server will get filled up by someone else cross server hopping. 

I do like the idea of the kibble being made from meat/berries/mats.....if you didn't need the dinos to make the kibble...it might help.

If they did something with the kibble system perhaps you wouldn't need 12 of each dino for an egg farm :)

I'm still in favour of a tiered kibble system, tiny eggs, small eggs, average eggs, big eggs, larger eggs, monster sized eggs etc. A kibble farm with that specific system would only need 6 types of dinos. Pair this with kibbles giving 300-400 food or so and you would require LESS kibbles/eggs per tame but take the same amount of time to tame.

7 hours ago, Todgins said:

you would require LESS kibbles/eggs

This won't help. Less requirements doesn't guarantee that players do less tame. They tame hundreds of dinos (attention) only because they can.

Decision 1: ~10 dinos per players individual cap MAY cure this situation. If you have 3 players in tribe - then 30 dinos is your limit for tribe. This is MORE THAN YOU MAY REALLY NEED. If you want more - breed them. (there should be another cap, like 5-10 more claimed dinos for ONE PERSON)

Another option. Long time offline player's dinos should DIE. At now they CAN NOT die by starve (it could take months or even more). I even don't talking about they are behide metal/tek walls/gates. They (dinos of dropped game players) just hold space and keep cap.

Decision 2: IMHO it should work something like this: after 48 hours of player who tamed/claimed this dino offline (I would like say even 24h), this dino's should die by starve in next 24h. So you have 2-3 days (which is still too long in my opinion, but I will be indulgent) and more than enought to feed it. If you dont even log in game for 2-3 days, you dont need it. Or any another way. There is important thing. Just repeat: player who tamed/claimed dino. Not the alliance, not the tribemember. Only person. And of course he shouldn't be available claim too many dinos.

If you play - everything is ok. If you dont - let the other players play. But nobody will kill their dinos and demolish their base. Server should clears itself over and over. So then only ALIVE tribes will play. Everyone can join this server. And we dont need 300 more new servers. Just make playable old ones. 

Resolve situation and make servers alive is EASY. Just think. And do it.

10 hours ago, Mans7 said:

This won't help. Less requirements doesn't guarantee that players do less tame. They tame hundreds of dinos (attention) only because they can.

Decision 1: ~10 dinos per players individual cap MAY cure this situation. If you have 3 players in tribe - then 30 dinos is your limit for tribe. This is MORE THAN YOU MAY REALLY NEED. If you want more - breed them. (there should be another cap, like 5-10 more claimed dinos for ONE PERSON)

This doesn't even allow the player to tame 1 of each creature (which is an achievement that gives rewards mind you), let alone male and female boss dinos for breeding which is a bulk of the end game for both PVE and PVP boss fights.

1) Flyer/exploring mount (Ptera/argent), 2) Meat farm/ground mount/cave mount, 3) Berry gather, 4) Anky for flint/metal, 5) Doed for stone, 6) Beaver/mammoth for wood, 7) Deer for thatch, 8) Quetz to move them, 9) Fish of some sort. Just farming/transportation animals alone are 9/10 slots. How are you going to beat a boss with 1-2 rexes they would need to significantly rebalance the entire game.

Decision 2: IMHO it should work something like this: after 48 hours of player who tamed/claimed this dino offline (I would like say even 24h), this dino's should die by starve in next 24h. So you have 2-3 days (which is still too long in my opinion, but I will be indulgent) and more than enought to feed it. If you dont even log in game for 2-3 days, you dont need it. Or any another way. There is important thing. Just repeat: player who tamed/claimed dino. Not the alliance, not the tribemember. Only person. And of course he shouldn't be available claim too many dinos.

If you play - everything is ok. If you dont - let the other players play. But nobody will kill their dinos and demolish their base. Server should clears itself over and over. So then only ALIVE tribes will play. Everyone can join this server. And we dont need 300 more new servers. Just make playable old ones. 

Resolve situation and make servers alive is EASY. Just think. And do it.

Personally, I have a life. I can't always play every single day. Some times I might go away for a weekend, should I lose 3 months of work because I went on a camping trip with friends? This idea also doesn't work and is the basis for decay timers being as long as they are. Orginally the game had no decay but a reasonable time (1-2 weeks) was added.

I am a big fan of this game....but if years of work are suddenly going to die if I go on a 4 day vacation.....it'll just feel like another job.

The idea of individual caps I am ok with. Punishing people for not logging in every day....not a fan.

With the new release I'm still holding onto the idea that things may settle down a little as things progress.

one idea I wouldn't mind is the tribe tame cap is dynamic....the longer you have been active with people regularly logging in and playing, the bigger your cap gets to a set maximum. Might mess up the egg farm server hoppers a bit...and those guys I'm not fond of. :P

55 minutes ago, Gruesome said:

I am a big fan of this game....but if years of work are suddenly going to die if I go on a 4 day vacation.....it'll just feel like another job.

The idea of individual caps I am ok with. Punishing people for not logging in every day....not a fan.

With the new release I'm still holding onto the idea that things may settle down a little as things progress.

one idea I wouldn't mind is the tribe tame cap is dynamic....the longer you have been active with people regularly logging in and playing, the bigger your cap gets to a set maximum. Might mess up the egg farm server hoppers a bit...and those guys I'm not fond of. :P

People don't seem to take into consideration that a lot of the mechanics on official servers are a form of forced moderation. It's a simple fact of playing on official servers. Unofficial servers exist for people who don't want those artificial moderation rules like lower multipliers for farming, taming, and breeding, structure/dino decay, flyers in caves, etc...Plain and simple, if people want more dinos, if they don't want to feel like they're being "punished" with mechanics that can be circumvented by playing with other people, then official is not going to be the place to be. 

Just as the OP mentioned in the first post, maps have a tendency to ebb and flow on all server types. You're more likely to find communities you enjoy on unofficial server, and when those ebbs and flows occur, the community kind of sticks through it. At very least, people have a place to come back to after a break. Find one of those communities on an unofficial cluster and not only will you rarely have to worry about the "punishments" you receive on official. Turret caps, dino limits, structure decay...none of that's going away on officials anytime soon. If you're going on vacation, try to make a friend in game and join up. Worst case scenario they screw you over and take the stuff that would have decayed anyway. 

EDIT: And if you feel like you've lost years of work if your stuff disappears, I'd recommend taking a month long break right this very moment. Pull that band-aid off ASAP because it's not a mindset conducive to a healthy life.

On 12.01.2018 at 2:34 AM, Todgins said:

This doesn't even allow the player to tame 1 of each creature (which is an achievement that gives rewards mind you), let alone male and female boss dinos for breeding which is a bulk of the end game for both PVE and PVP boss fights.

What? I mean make tame limit for each player = 10 dinos.

Archived