fanfiction Ark: Lost Continent

Kaprodonychus

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I've been here. Some of y'all might know for me the Ark rising obelisks story and dossiers. A lot of has happened since then on my discord and now I'm here to share. I'm currently creating a mod called Ark: Lost Continent and we're writing an entire story for it. It's basically gonna be a much better version of Ark: Rising obelisks. In here we'll share story chapters, lore info and a bit of art. But mainly this is for the story, if you're interested in looking at our mod progress itself, you can join our discord to look at the info. Essentially it's a massive fan made dlc with tons of new creatures and items. The mod isn't out yet so we can't give you a direct link to the mod just yet haha! 

I have the prologue for the story and nothing else right now. But I will have more later. It will take a while tho so don't expect a lot. Thank you for your attention and support! 

The ALC Mod Team Presents....
Ark Lost Continent: Awakening
Prologue:

The smell of blood fumed my nose, I could almost taste it in the air with my tongue. I stood there in the mud while hundreds upon thousands of people charge past me. They all seemed to be wearing the same armour I was, brown and grey with an eye at the centre of the cloak. Some strange animals of all shapes and sizes darted past, some armoured, some not. Some animals even looked familiar, but they didn't look like they were creatures you'd see in a zoo. I could've sworn that I saw dragons flying in the air. The pouring rain and dark clouds cloaked them but I could see snippets of their wings and fiery breath when they dived down further ahead of me. 
I was on a battlefield. I felt like I was in a giant fantasy war you'd see in a movie or read in books. Only in this battle, I wasn't stoked out nor was I curious to witness the end result. I was quite confused on who was fighting who. I gathered that I was on one side of the battle...but I wasn't sure who we were fighting. My senses came to me and told me that obviously the only way to find out who we are fighting is if we followed every other soldier and their beasts of war. 100 metres of running later, our opposition could be seen from the corner of my right eye. The enemy compared to our field of troops...fell short to our endless army. In fact, it was one man riding on the back of a powerful creature. The creature was followed by 10 more of its own. The largest one who had the rider on his back ran in front of the rest whereas the other 10 hung back by 15 metres in a line formation. Despite us warriors all wearing heavy paladin like armour and wielded sharp blades and sturdy shields, the creatures would plough right through us. We all fell back like dominoes on a board. If the leader of the pack didn't kill us, the followers would. I stood still when the creatures ran across to my left side. Each creature had a dark aura that followed them like a cloak as if the black smoke was secreting off their scaly bodies, hiding their true appearance. Not even our animals of war could stand a chance against this enemy. The second creature on the left side of the line formation even jumped up at a diving dragon, snapped at its neck, and pulled it to the floor with great ease. The others and I kept running towards the beasts. We ran so far deep into the battlefield that we were no longer running in the mud that wanted to swallow your legs up. We were now walking on our now dead comrades. The clattering sounds from our boots stomping on the armoured corpses ringed my ears so much that I could no longer hear the cries of dying men and women. The battlefield began to be a beacon of natural disasters; purple and red lightning struck down at us like giant hammers. Small tornadoes fogged out the background scenery and made the monsters harder to find. The men and women I followed blindly into war continued to run, however, they were now running away in fear. Ive now followed these soldiers into death and away from death like a sheep; completely mindless and afraid. As we were running away, I could hear shrill cries and screams from people behind me. Once we were a giant army that even Earth's leaders would've have questioned, now we're down to two hundred. One by one they hunted us down. The troops around me tried to give it their all when they could hear that the creatures were close. I could've left them all to die and save my own skin, but I turned around to see glowing red and yellow eyes stare down at me. I just watched as the alpha of the pack and the rider tore us all down to the floor amongst the other dead. To this day, this memory still haunts me. It may not be the same as I remember it, but it will surely never leave my mind. It will always be remembered as the memory of me following people through death and straight out of it. 
The memory of me following orders blindly like a sheep. 
The memory of me losing everyone I cared for.
The memory of me not leaving some things behind. 
The memory of me staring back at the eyes of The Devil's incarnate...

Authors notes: 

Please send feedback on the chapters and post I'll be sharing! Each post I send, I will also send the discord link at the end. They shouldn't expire but let me know if they do. Dm me or message me here  or in the discord if you have questions! 

https://discord.gg/szhKrR6

^^My Team's mod discord! Join here if you want most of not all of your questions answered! 

• 3 months later...

Clark's Journal 1

Checked in at The Rusty Tooth Inn at 9:32pm. My room itself is quite confining and isn’t in the best condition, however it’s as close to the rebuilt darkwood asylum. Like the original, it too has also closed down and the building itself is now up for sale. The original Darkwood asylum was a hospital facility that was up in the mountains surrounded by dark forest.  I've heard of the tales and I've seen quite a few of the gruesome stories myself, I sometimes wonder why I never did anything at the time to stop it...

It was 600 years or so back when I was there to watch the asylum open for the public. It received great results and feedback. Then things went south from there. Arthur Darkwood was the founder of the building and I myself was a good friend to him, we were old work colleagues  back when we were teaching at the university in the Citadel. It was only when his beliefs and twisted fantasies forced me away. 

He became a sadist: his patients turned into freakshows and he'd only examine them at night when he would Unicorn, torture, experiment on and even kill them. It makes me wonder if he every did something terrible at he University. There were accounts of some very bad diseases that burst out of that place. Patients who were aware of what was going on placed curses on the walls over their cells, causing the entire mountain to be cursed. Afterwards there were claims of spirits wandering the halls and haunting the patients. Some saw dead loved ones whereas sole patients were possessed and even became skinwalkers. Werewolves were introduced and others patients grew the craving of eating human flesh. However apparently that didn't stop Dr Darkkwood and his experiments. Now writing this, I believe that it was he who made the skinwalkers.

It was said that the nurses who didn't work in the basement would call him names such as 'The Night Walker' as he'll only come upstairs at night to grab more equipment. They only knew a few of the tales but not the truly gruesome ones. I interviewed some of the nurses after the asylum shut down and asked why they didn't tell anyone. They said that they were too afraid to call for help. They mentioned one nurse that tried to but was then taken and turned into an infectious being that preyed on humans. Only some nurses saw her when she broke out from the basement and wandered around the halls. The nurse I spoke to said that the monster attacked her once. This poor women showed me the large bite scar on her thigh. I feel sorry for these women after the ark glitch occurred. 

Perhaps this experiment was the reason why the entire facility was evicted? The officials finally had proof of what was really going on and shut it down? However that doesn't explain the mass killings and incidents that happened when it was about to close. I should really investigate more on what happened at the asylum. I have no one else to interview since all of the patients and nurses have died.

Something is missing in this story and I feel that that one thing will solve everything. Ever since that asylum closed, terrible events started to occur; the unexplained mass killings, the introduction to powerful monsters and not to mention, the entire Ark dying.

Authors notes: 

first journal entry. I had this for a while but I completely forgot that I had made a thread here lol. So we’re fleshing our a story. Lemme know your thoughts so far. 

Dont forget to join our discord for story discussions as well as more info on our upcoming mod that will revolve around this story! 

Archived