Rock Drake eggs impossible to hatch

Lanceexploits

I stole a level 95 rock drake egg the other day and I brought it back and built an incubation room. The room has 6 wooden foundations and 2 layers of metal walls with ceilings to top them off. I have a ring of 12 AC around the egg and it is always too hot! I have been at this for hours and I cant get it to cool down. Someone help is this bugged rn?

EDIT: I have hatched my level 95 egg. I had about 23 or so in a metal work at night.... and got triplets! One drake for each of my friends. Ty everybody for all the advice i am a happy camper

4 minutes ago, Lanceexploits said:

So, what do I do. I am so confused and frustrated that I can't hatch this thing. Nothing works it seems

Might depend on the area you are in, I personally don't play on officials and had S+ (Which only requires 3 AC's and it's good)

But I have seen others do it with plenty of AC's around it, maybe try adding more to be certain? If not, try a different location maybe.

7 minutes ago, BloodyHarvest said:

Might depend on the area you are in, I personally don't play on officials and had S+ (Which only requires 3 AC's and it's good)

But I have seen others do it with plenty of AC's around it, maybe try adding more to be certain? If not, try a different location maybe.

my base is at the edge of the massive cliff leading to the bio luminescent zone. Im pretty sure its literally called the edge in game 

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, Lanceexploits said:

I stole a level 95 rock drake egg the other day and I brought it back and built an incubation room. The room has 6 wooden foundations and 2 layers of metal walls with ceilings to top them off. I have a ring of 12 AC around the egg and it is always too hot! I have been at this for hours and I cant get it to cool down. Someone help is this bugged rn?

I have never had a problem hatching any. I would recommend trying to put more AC units around it.

45 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

What he says. You need an insane amount of AC units. The ideal incubation temperature according to dododex is between -90°C and -80°C, which is crazy lol. 

59 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

You need at least 32 ACs... ;) 

How do you even fit 32 ACs around an egg?

I think I've used around 12-15 AC units and build all of them in a full-metal 2x2x2 incubator house.
This setup is located in the overlook area with a constant 28°C temperature.
All AC units are located in the corner of that room, they're all placed inside of each other (server setting to disable structure collision (best setting ever!!!)).

Works great for me, although you can also put them into the center of the room or sink them into the foundation.

11 hours ago, Lanceexploits said:

How do you even fit 32 ACs around an egg?

As others have said you probably dont need quiet 32. Its probably worth going into single player and having a play about with admin commands. I came up with about 20-25 ac units. In my server I have about 30, I always go for more than needed just incase. You dont need to surround the egg. I stick my AC units ontop of foundations (currently on a 2x2, although might need to be slightly bigger if structure collision is a thing) and have 1 wall high surrounding the ACs and then ceilings on top. When I incubate I just stick the eggs on the ceilings and it works wonders.

We have stone foundations around with a "hole" in the center where it's just dirt ground.  So far we placed 28 units in 2 digital clock 0s with room for a 3rd "0" of 14 units to add (5 each length, 2 each width)

- - - - -
 |         |
 |         |
  - - - - - 
  - - - - -
 |         |
 |         |
  - - - - - 
  - - - - -
 |         |
 |         |
  - - - - - 

Hopefully this will be enough with 42 units in total - we then put ceilings over all the units to close off the floor space and make it look tidy.

Don't forget that acs can be placed partially inside eachother. Squish them together as closely as possible so you dont need to make so many.

My base is in the west part of biolum, and I use 22 acs (still probably more than necessary). They just sit in a square cluster on a ceiling, and I incubate the eggs on a ceiling over top of the acs without a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have hatched several with around 18-22 AC's

I made a box open on one side, putting the AC as close together as possible so they overlap a bit, make sure you turn them all so the vent points in.  One empty foundation is in the center, then put ceilings just above in that same U shape with AC's on the 2nd level as well pointing in again.  Drop the egg in the U so AC is blowing on it from 3 sides at 2 heights and its no problem.

BreedingPen.thumb.jpg.b4616c7aefc03e5147458d2ad53c8c91.jpg

That's our breeding pen/hatchery.  There are Dino gates running between each of these Dino gates in the display so we can create smaller/larger compartments when breeding for various animals without them going out of range.  The 42 air-con units are under the slightly raised ceilings in the middle and Drake eggs hatch with or without the main door closed.  Fridges to the right of me in this picture to store fertilised eggs and preserving bin in the back for the nameless venom when raising Drakes.

Archived