Single Player Imprint

OsirisDN

Hello, about 2-3 months ago I was playing in the single player and I was playing just to make mutations in the animals and as I had an accelerated setup I also put to give faster imprint at that time every imprint I could get gave more or less 30% , however I lost my old save of these settings and now that changed the imprint system in the officials for 8 hours I tried to set up the single player again but it is only giving 1% of imprint no matter what my setup is I am doing something wrong ?

Personally I use imprinting and maturation settings on a 1 : 0.1 scale. 

I'll just quote my reply from another topic, I hope this helps :) If you have any questions, just ask.

On 28/12/2017 at 9:05 AM, StormShock said:

The way caring for (imprinting) your dino's works is that the timer a dino has till next cuddle is anywhere between two values.

Say for example the mature time is 3:30 minutes, and cuddles is anywhere between 3 and 4 minutes. What that really means is that imprint can be anywhere from a bit more to a bit less than that cuddle time, so for instance you can be lucky and get the imprint (cuddle) if the timer is below 3:30, but also unlucky and be above it, which is the case in your example.

Different dino's mature faster or slower than others. Meaning that no single setting is going to be beneficial for all. If you're playing on single player I would recommend setting the mature and care timers so that you get at least a few imprints in (applying the 1: 0.1 scale often works best). This eliminates the randomness a little in case you get a (few) bad (long) care timers. 

Personally I use the following:
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier: 2.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier: 0.2

I get 100% imprint on most dino's using these settings. though sometimes I'm unlucky and only get to 70%, but that's still better that nothing :)

Important note! When you change the cuddle multiplier to have more imprints (so shorter time in between cuddles), it will gain less imprint % per cuddle. A cuddle is not a set amount, rather a percentage of the total possible imprint. If you get lots of short timers you will also need more kibble.

Archived