Feeding Reaper kings without glands

kidbuu05

Yes you can, i was feeding mine with glands non stop figured id try it without glands and it worked fine, we play on official pve and so far ive tested - feeding without glands,having a tribe mate walk up to it,having a tribe dino go near it and someone from a non ally tribe go near it and was perfectly safe every time never once attacked anyone hes currently at 57% and yet to hulk smash anyone or anything.

1/2 pictures this just shows me standing near him with no glands last night before i went to bed to show a friend his size.

Apparently i can only upload 1 picture but thats a link to one of him in baby form with no gland + server.

https://imgur.com/a/OhMDW

20171231000045_1.jpg

On 12/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, Banic said:

Yes you can, i was feeding mine with glands non stop figured id try it without glands and it worked fine, we play on official pve and so far ive tested - feeding without glands,having a tribe mate walk up to it,having a tribe dino go near it and someone from a non ally tribe go near it and was perfectly safe every time never once attacked anyone hes currently at 57% and yet to hulk smash anyone or anything.

1/2 pictures this just shows me standing near him with no glands last night before i went to bed to show a friend his size.

Apparently i can only upload 1 picture but thats a link to one of him in baby form with no gland + server.

20171231000045_1.jpg

It is only baby phase they attack and a side note when they do get frantic and attack ect or even have two ppl in at same time with pheremone they will freak and food drops like a rock and will start starving super fast. You also cannot birth a reaper and let anyone elae claim it including tribemates. We even tested unclaiming a grown one and a dif tribemate nor ally could reclaim it. They appear to be one ower critters.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:38 PM, kidbuu05 said:

Is it possible to feed the baby reaper king without the glands? it seems a bit excessive... is it possible to encumber yourself in meat and lower your health to a point where it would easily one shot you.would it be able to harvest your body and take all the meat from the body essentially encumbering itself?

Maybe you can throw in a sacrificial/slaughtered ovis from above? idk

On 12/30/2017 at 8:42 PM, Banic said:

20171231000045_1.jpg

I would recommend keeping your light pet off around your Reaper.  That flaming glow isn't a great thing to have on it.  It is actually damaging the reaper and causing it to go through it's food faster.  

Probably a bug, but hey, why not.

I had the server crash when I had Repear glands going, feeding a reaper. When the server came back up, the reaper gland buff was cleared, but my baby king didn't aggro on me for the length of his baby phase afterwards (Which was several hours long, and vastly exceeded the duration of the buff I had prior to the server going down). 

1 hour ago, TR-8R said:

So can we feed it alone without tribemate help ?

And what will happen if it bite us ?

A baby reaper king that kills you eats all your inventory regardless of its weight carry capacity. So fill yourself up with meat, but dont take too long because the second it gets angry at you its food goes to 0, it wont eat and starts starving until you die or leave.

On 1/4/2018 at 4:47 PM, TR-8R said:

So can we feed it alone without tribemate help ?

And what will happen if it bite us ?

it does a decent bit of damage about 70 with no gear on our 1800 armor flak gear is about 1 damage per nibble however if you dont want to use glands and dont have a tribey to help out you can use a Karkinos this is our 4th on official and had 2 not require glands and 2 need glands to be fed ( think its meant to use glands just buggy as poop "what a surprise with aberration hey " ) is to use a Karkinos to hold the baby just make sure you crouch below it to feed it other wise he will crow peck you and your crab otherwise he just ignores you and the crab and is fine.

20180105193413_1.jpg

just curious but why the difficulty using pheremone anyhow. I get the load ur inventory reason so u can over encumber and be able to walk away and not worry about it, but just to avoid pheremone seems futile. we have to kill soooo dang many queens just to get a decent one. i think we have 200-300 pheremone sitting there doing nothing anyhow.

On 1/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, bigfishrob said:

It is only baby phase they attack and a side note when they do get frantic and attack ect or even have two ppl in at same time with pheremone they will freak and food drops like a rock and will start starving super fast. You also cannot birth a reaper and let anyone elae claim it including tribemates. We even tested unclaiming a grown one and a dif tribemate nor ally could reclaim it. They appear to be one ower critters.

We claimed a reaper on our island official server a little bit ago. It was grayed out for several minutes like it wouldn’t allow us to claim and then suddenly was in our tribe. Not sure what the real intent is with the unclaim process on reapers. 

18 hours ago, flamron said:

We claimed a reaper on our island official server a little bit ago. It was grayed out for several minutes like it wouldn’t allow us to claim and then suddenly was in our tribe. Not sure what the real intent is with the unclaim process on reapers. 

Interesting. Yeah we didnt give it a long time.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, bigfishrob said:

just curious but why the difficulty using pheremone anyhow. I get the load ur inventory reason so u can over encumber and be able to walk away and not worry about it, but just to avoid pheremone seems futile. we have to kill soooo dang many queens just to get a decent one. i think we have 200-300 pheremone sitting there doing nothing anyhow.

Wow. 

When we kill queens there is a 80% chance the loot bag is under the mesh and not retrievable because the queen sinks in the ground upon death.

Yesterday it even brought my tribemates drake and herself down under the map with it.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Wow. 

When we kill queens there is a 80% chance the loot bag is under the mesh and not retrievable because the queen sinks in the ground upon death.

Yesterday it even brought my tribemates drake and herself down under the map with it.

turn harvest collection off, keep item collection on.  Make sure your dino has less than 50% weight (including rider weight) and it will pick up the glands and only the glands (plus whatever prim items you may get).  Works for collecting venom too.  Dinos don't item collect if the collection would cause their weight to exceed 50%.

Archived